What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

buds224

Enlightened
Nitecore SENS AA and CR123 models. Glad I did too. The CR123 model was for me and has become my new EDC. It's changed my perspective of what I thought I needed in an EDC. Small enough to bite down and hold to free up my hands, the active brightness control is actually nice during my evening walks and I barely know it's there in my right side pocket. Plenty of lumens for x1 CR123 batt. Tailstand is not a problem, and the lowest setting is low enough to read a book to the kids for bedtime.

The AA is for my wife that is stationed on a Navy boat. She does alot of maintenance inspections, so I will get her opinion on it in a few weeks. I've given her the AA model since it's readily available onboard ship unlike CR123s. She already has my LD20 which I gave her last year, the Nitecore will be a test of practicality in military service. I will ask her at the end of her next deployment which one she preferred to use. She already favors the Nitecore since it is small enough for her pocket without having to holster a light to her uniform (which is not regulation).

pbmagnet

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase was a Shining Beam Blaze. It resides in the console of my truck. What can I say? I couldn't pass it up for the price!

rshadd

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam RRTO-XML. Needed/Wanted a new EDC. I'm a newbie, so I hope I made a good choice.

Recounter

Newly Enlightened
Last light I got was a Sipek-sk68:

83934047@N08

Fits nicely in my pocket, runs on just 1 AA, and I love the adjustable aspheric lens! It adjusts from providing good up-close work light in a good area to a distance light that I think is quite bright for its size.

ironhorse

Enlightened
BDS 200 Rotary.
why? If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.
My 120 clicky needed a big brother. And they they just received a shipment and they are hard to find.

ltxi

Newly Enlightened
Two more Fenix PD32s. Because they're outstanding general purpose compact lights.

wjv

Enlightened
A TerraLux LightStar 80 that I'm still waiting for.

I'm looking for a good EDC light. I really don't think the TerraLux 80 will be what I want as it's about 2X too long. . But for $20 I thought I'd give it a try. What I'd really like is something that runs on a single AAA, that is short and thin and has a simple UI. Maybe ~100l on high and 20l on low. No strobe, SOS, Morse, semaphore or smoke signal options are required. . .

I sort of see a TerraLux LightStar 100, an iTP C9 or a JetBeam BA10 in my future. I already have the iTP C8 and the JetBeam BA20 and love them.

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lummi Wee T1 Rainbow anodized for my daughter. Just too damn cool not to buy it and she needs one for her keychain for university.
Received an on her keys already.

Xacto

Enlightened
Received a Jetbeam BA20 which will be a birthday present for a non-flashaholic friend (hence the AA-version) and a second BC10 so that I can carry my first issue more often. Tomorrow I expect another Fenix E05 which I intend to use as a around the house light together with a Fenix clip for AAA lights.

Cheers
Thorsten

markr6

Flashaholic
Photon II...yeah big spender at $7.72! But I can't have anything larger on my keychain that already has the rediculously large Jeep Grand Cherokee WK key plus all the other junk.

Ishango

Enlightened
I ordered a Fenix TK15 and a 18650 battery for it today. Just wanted a light with a size between the size of my PD30 and Eagletac M3C4 with a nice bright output and I wanted to have a nice tactical light for a change.

kiak

Newly Enlightened
Recently ordered Fenix LD12 for EDC. It will be substitute for iTP EOS A3 Ti, and Klarus XT11 for heavy duty needs.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac G25C2 is my newest purchase because I had nothing with that many lumens in such a small light.