What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
I'm happy as well! I'm chomping at the bit for this light. I'm still within the 10 day window for shipping updates. Haven't heard anything from Fraz yet. I can't wait to see what you are talking about. You've got me all psyched up!!!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
…nothing I've ever seen has easier low level adjustability with incredibly low sub sub lumen capability. An absolute joy as a bedside nightlight and stellar middle of the night bathroom runs with fully dark adapted vision, when 0.05 lumen hits the spot.
That's a pretty good description of the Rotary, not to mention one of my favorite aspects of it.

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0725.jpeg
Just arrived today my Malkoff drop in completing my old MDC HA 2AA Barrel and VME head. And my Photon Micro light Proton, I have one and LOVE IT best nighttime and jacket light ever. It was time to grab a second one.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up an Olight i1R2 to pair up with a Vic Classic as my "at home" pocket carry. I have this same setup with the older version on my keyring but always put that in a tray when I get home. So now when I walk in the door I switch to this. Find that whenever I don't have something on me is exactly when something pops up and I need a light or my pocket knife.

Attachments

• IMG_5023.jpeg
    IMG_5023.jpeg
    883.2 KB · Views: 35

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Snatched up a lightly used Fenix LR35R and TK35 UE 2018 a week ago. Why? Because the voices made me do it!
I really like dual parallel cell lights for better runtime, and I paid ~$213 for both of them.

The TK35 UE (dual 18650, 3200 Lumen) was a much desired replacement for my Sunwayman T45C that has not worked since day one.
The LR35R (dual 21700, 10000 Lumen) - bought from the same place - was pretty much an impulse buy. But it is a pocketable powerhouse, so really happy with it.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good to see that old Proton. Thanks BattleBrat. That used to be one of my favorites. I've had two, but they both suffered from switch failure. That rubber button just wore out. Might have to look into getting another. It is a class act.

Geoff

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Good to see that old Proton. Thanks BattleBrat. That used to be one of my favorites. I've had two, but they both suffered from switch failure. That rubber button just wore out. Might have to look into getting another. It is a class act.

Geoff
On the package it says lifetime warranty, you have to mail it into them though. It is HARD to compete with its flexibility. Infinite dimming and a red led that also has infinite dimming is a perfect combo. I love how throwy it is for a single AA!

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Infinite dimming" :)

I do 'get' this, but still had to laugh. If someone had told me decades ago that this would some day become a feature, not a bug, I'd still be laughing!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Underwater Kinetics 4AA eLED RFL flashlight.
UK nylon holster for it.
Helmet clip for it (Construction hat variation).

Both accessories sold separately.

Why? I realized that out of all the hundreds (possibly thousands?) of lights I own, not one DIV1 Intrinsically Safe flashlight is among them. And, not one Underwater Kinetics (UK) either. Plus, I don't think I own a single Yellow flashlight. (Though not 100% sure on that.) Also UK's flashlights are Made in America. None of the company's offerings are lumens monsters. Then again, they're not designed to be. I do have a couple of hard-hats left over from over a decade ago when I used to work over by the giant Con-Ed complex in Astoria.

Plus, that model is surprisingly inexpensive for a UK flashlight over at Brightguy.com (Had to jump on it).

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I've just snagged a pair of Sofirn SF16 18650 UV-lights. I haven't had a proper UV-light since my 10 year old Streamlight TwinTask 3C (that I've barely used), with 5mm UV-diodes + a halogen bulb. Obviously the TwinTask is now mostly trash in terms of performance.

So after I recently received a Sofirn SF15 2AA UV-penlight, and having played around with it, I actually saw a use for UV-lights in places around the house (though I would have preferred NOT to know that...), so I ordered the SF16 as a more powerful and longer-lasting UV-option.
With the other SF16 on order as a backup, because I like having double of everything I use in case something breaks, and "of course" is no longer obtainable when that happens.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orange TS10 V2 w RGB aux, modded by Lucas to DD 4500K 519a.

Because: Anduril, built in LVP, battery voltmeter, programmable output range, Warm High CRI, lightweight, small, easy to carry and use.

ts dd.jpeg

I set output range to start at 0.02 lumens and to max out at 426 lumens.. and to use 12 stepped modes (homage Zebra and HDS Tactical). Turned off the 1000 lumen Turbo. The Aux LEDs show voltage range rainbow, red empty, violet full.. Has Police strobe using Red and Blue Aux, plus full disco standby Aux.. until I get home from the Rave and regain my InSanity.. lol

sparkyv

Newly Enlightened
I just obtained two Acebeam Pokelit AA flashlights. The price was excellent at $17 apiece. They give my Olight i5R a run for the money!

Why? One to upgrade my EDC, and the second TBD, probably relegated to shop duty.

Scuffer

Newly Enlightened
So I've made my first foray into Convoy lights having carried a mix of Fenix, Nitecore and Olights for duty lights over the last 14 years.

With Convoy I've gone for an S21B with the CULMP.1 for throw, M21B with XHP70.3 HI for some flood and L21B with SFT40 for even more throw in my duty bag.

Over the years I've carried the Fenix TK22, TK35 original and Nitecore MH12. I've carried Olights for the last few years, namely the Warrior X3, Seeker 3 Pro and Marauder Mini in my duty bag. Time for a change as I've gone off Olights marketing and sales strategy and realised there's better lights for a lot less money.

sparkyv

Newly Enlightened
I've since purchased 4 more of these. I've been so impressed by them that I have been gifting these to family members.
I just obtained two Acebeam Pokelit AA flashlights. The price was excellent at $17 apiece. They give my Olight i5R a run for the money!

Why? One to upgrade my EDC, and the second TBD, probably relegated to shop duty.

iacchus

Enlightened
Malkoff Bodyguard.
How they are setup in intriguing and I wanna live w/ one a bit. There's a chance that its exactly what I want most of the time.
There's also a chance that its only what I want like 30% of the time. We'll see.
Also, needed a super tiny MDC body regardless. Those are handy for all sorts of things.