What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a couple of Novatac Storms from Battery Junction mainly because of the price --- $40./each.
Also because you can program them the way you want them with the 250 click method. They are a nice light for the price..
i thought people on the forums were saying they had problems and to stay away from them? the quoted lumen output does nto look so impressive either

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I thought people on the forums were saying they had problems and to stay away from them? the quoted lumen output does not look so impressive either

The Storm is no where near as good as the older Novatac models. (85E, 85T, 85P, 120E, 120T, 120P.)

Got your heart set on owning a Novatac you can depend on no matter what, get one of those. You want to save a few bucks, get the Storm.

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
The Storm is no where near as good as the older Novatac models. (85E, 85T, 85P, 120E, 120T, 120P.)

Got your heart set on owning a Novatac you can depend on no matter what, get one of those. You want to save a few bucks, get the Storm.

I was disappointed when I learned about the Novatac's issues last night. I've got one of the Storms on order from Battery Junction also and was hoping it'd replace my PD20 as my EDC because I wanted to switch from a holster carry to pocket-clip carry light. I'll give the Storm a try but that 30 minute on max battery life is also a major bummer.
I'm probably just going to upgrade my PD20 to the newer version with the pocket clip.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought an incandescent Surefire A2. I've got lots of lights, and many Surefires, so this purchase was put off because of the low lumens and high price. I'm thrilled with the performance of the light and the simple user-friendly UI. The twisty is buttery smooth, the LEDs are just bright enough (but a little blue), the incandescent, regulated bulb is perfect for most jobs. The genius of Surfire has rung the bell again!:devil:

ghoster808

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at a Malkoff M61 in the Marketplace and posted :takeit::paypal: I had a mind to put it in my C2, Then I figured my C2 is beat up and this Malkoff deserves a nice host so I told Shao, :takeit::paypal: But while I was looking for Shao's thread I saw a Nitecore Defender Infinity for $30, so I figured well I don't have any single AA lights and the price is right, so I posted:takeit::paypal: Then the guy I bought the Malkoff from dropped the price on a Nitecore Extreme that was in the same post as the Malkoff, so I reckoned I don't have any single C123 light and I might get a good deal, so I sent an offer saying:hitit: if my offer was okay......well I ended up saying:sold::takeit::paypal: They all arrived today :eek: and I'm sooo:broke::broke::broke: but :grin2::twothumbs:clap::D:thumbsup::sick2: Boy I really lovecpf.......what was I thinking:faint:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at a Malkoff M61 in the Marketplace and posted :takeit::paypal: I had a mind to put it in my C2, Then I figured my C2 is beat up and this Malkoff deserves a nice host so I told Shao, :takeit::paypal: But while I was looking for Shao's thread I saw a Nitecore Defender Infinity for $30, so I figured well I don't have any single AA lights and the price is right, so I posted:takeit::paypal: Then the guy I bought the Malkoff from dropped the price on a Nitecore Extreme that was in the same post as the Malkoff, so I reckoned I don't have any single C123 light and I might get a good deal, so I sent an offer saying:hitit: if my offer was okay......well I ended up saying:sold::takeit::paypal: They all arrived today :eek: and I'm sooo:broke::broke::broke: but :grin2::twothumbs:clap::D:thumbsup::sick2: Boy I really lovecpf.......what was I thinking:faint:

Wow.. that reply was very.... emotional lol

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
A Shiningbeam S-mini XP-G R4 Neutral 3D tint. It looks a pretty tidy package, holster and all; landed in Australia for a little over $40.00 this seems like a steal, though I suspect that 335 lumens with an R4 warm neutral emitter @ 1A. could not be an OTF measurement, especially in 3D tint. I'm sure it will be a good light and expect about 250L. We shall see. :whistle:

woodentsick

Enlightened
Just pulled the trigger on a Malkoff MD2 with Hi-Lo ring and M61W from Craig@Illumination Supply!

Bought it to use it as my primary hiking light, the low mode of roughly 25 lumens is ideal for me. Also, I think I'll love the 3700K tint...and how could you go wrong with a 200 lumen OTF output when things get sticky? :naughty:

Now the (hopefully short) wait begins...

Woodentsick

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
From my last post a couple days ago I changed my mind from the upgraded PD20 and ordered a LumaPower Incendio V3+ from Batter Junction. I've been interested in this light since it came out but always held off. I should have just ordered it when I ordered the Novatac 120ST 2 weeks ago but I'd forgotten completely about it.
Now for two lights from them it's cost me about $56 in shipping! Grrr, but it's my fault. Regular shipping for the Novatac was $16 and I requested the USPS Express for the LumaPower at $40 so they should both arrive next week. I may be going away before end of month so wanted to make sure they arrived before then.
I guess that's the price I pay for forgetting about the LumaPower.

mce993

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on CP forums and I'll come right out and say it up front 'cause you'll figure it out eventually - I'm a Surefire guy.

My latest LED purchase was a SF U2 Ultra. I found it at a garage sale last weekend in near mint condition. I didn't "need" it, but the guy "only" wanted $100 for it and I couldn't resist. It is my third SF LED light; the other two being an L5 and an LX2 (my current EDC light). My meager collection also includes several incandescent SF's, including an E2e, a G2, and an 8ax. I had a 6P, but I gave it to my daughter for her EDC. I also bought my wife an E2e as her EDC when I got mine.

Regards,

Mark

grahamtdi

Newly Enlightened
My desire for a thrower and being a newbie has made me buy a fenix tk35 .And very nice it is too.

Draz

Newly Enlightened
My last light was aquired in a trade and it was a surefire LX2 and I must say, it is a phenominal light. I wanted one mainly for a throwy light that can double as a get home bag/emergency light as it has about 50 hours of runtime on low. The low is 15 lumens but it seems brighter than my old 60 lumen incan surefires, nice tight beam

njet212

Enlightened
b4d6e85b-72c1-df08.jpg

Few days ago i got my SPY 007 run #5, bought it just based on curiousity. After play with it, i'm very happy and excited.

The most feature i like is you could set each knob positition between 0.1 ma - 1400 ma depending your needs and preference.

The only cons i found are this mofo quite heavy compared my single and double cr123 lights and it does not have a pocket clip.

But overall i'm very happy with it :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FishStalker

Newly Enlightened
ITP A3 EOS R5 upgrade edition. Waiting for it to arrive from Battery Junction. I wanted a single AAA to go on my keyring.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Just ordered a Nitecore IFE2 to compliment my IFE1. Also got the Sunwayman V10R Ti. Awesome little EDC! Just have to satisfy my cravings until I get my HDS rotary!!!!! :devil: I'm so envious of the guys that already got one with no issues and very happy for them too! But I want my ROTARY! LOL

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
:)
Just pulled the trigger on a Malkoff MD2 with Hi-Lo ring and M61W from Craig@Illumination Supply!

Bought it to use it as my primary hiking light, the low mode of roughly 25 lumens is ideal for me. Also, I think I'll love the 3700K tint...and how could you go wrong with a 200 lumen OTF output when things get sticky? :naughty:

Now the (hopefully short) wait begins...

Woodentsick

Stick a couple of RCR's in it and get a very useful 40+ Lumens, a very noticeable increase over primaries and a huge step up from 1X18650. The low ring is dependent on voltage for output, unlike high which remains the same with all configurations.

Just a thought! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

woodentsick

Enlightened
:)

Stick a couple of RCR's in it and get a very useful 40+ Lumens, a very noticeable increase over primaries and a huge step up from 1X18650. The low ring is dependent on voltage for output, unlike high which remains the same with all configurations.

Just a thought! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestion! This is my first CR123a format light, so I'll be sticking with primaries for now... I've never used li-ions before and I feel scared of using 2- R123 cells in series... But when I decide to switch to a rechargeable system, then it's great to know the low mode will be higher, which I'll find more useful in certain situations :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I was considering using an 18650 at a later stage, but now I'm leaning towards 2xR123 after your explanation of the voltage dependence of the hi-low ring :)

Last edited: