What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac D25 Titanium - why = because it is 'Titanium' shiny and most importantly so cheap... it even came with a cute holster. For a change it is nice to be able to buy a torch that doesnt cost 3 figures..
It is not bad apart from the grating between the titanium threads..

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just put in an order for a high CRI HDS Rotary because the Rotary is an awesome light, and a high CRI emitter will make it even more awesome.

Labradford

Newly Enlightened
A Fenix LD40 because I wanted a light in neutral tint, something to keep in the car that took batteries I could buy anywhere and because it's just a little different than most lights out there.

buds224

Enlightened
Jetbeam ST Cycler. Wide, bright spill and more practical for walking at night. Concentrated beams on my other lights are great, but not practical for walking. The Medium warning mode (pulse) is a plus. Can't wait for it to arrive. Estimated 7 business days for it to arrive here in Yokosuka, Japan Naval Base.

buds224

Enlightened
ST Cycler. I have a few lights, but all have concentrated beams. Excellent lights for spotting in long distances. I recently moved to Yokosuka, Japan Naval Base and was walking around with my daughter at night. Using my PD32, I realized it wasn't ideal for casual walking in the dark. I read about the ST Cycler from Jetbeam and liked 2 specific features. Wide and Bright Spill and a Medium mode that flashes intermittently. Perfect for casual walks and will get a driver's attention when I, as a pedestrian, am crossing a street. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Samy

Enlightened
Just bought a Klarus X6 The Midas AAA, you know the gold plated one to give to a friend and a Jetbeam BA20 to give to an elderly relative who still uses an old maglight. It's nice and simple and they should be excellent gift lights.

cheers

ViciousV

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac D25 Titanium - why = because it is 'Titanium' shiny and most importantly so cheap... it even came with a cute holster. For a change it is nice to be able to buy a torch that doesnt cost 3 figures..
It is not bad apart from the grating between the titanium threads..

Ditto! Just ordered it last night. I have a D25C I EDC right now. I love it. Figured why not get a Ti version. In XM-L :D

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does a Surefire E2D count if I might put a Kuku module in it or turn it into an E2DLego?

I got it basically because my collection was down to one E2- light, and that was unacceptable.

clip_point

Newly Enlightened
I just came home with a 4Sevens Quark 123-2 "X", needed a main EDC light, now I just need to get a couple of AW 17670s, a charger, deep carry pocket clip and a flush tail forward clicky and the thing will be complete and utterly ideal!

brandocommando

Enlightened
Craigslist score!!!

I just got a near mint Surefire A2 Aviator (xenon, with blue led's) for $60!

I bought it because it was a steal! The guy was asking $120 for it but I guess he just wanted it gone...

Last edited:

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Received my Jetbeam RRT-0 with infinite ramping tonight. Wanted a light with a good...ahem!, low......well I am very impressed to say the least. Goes so low it's border line unusable.

fjestrada11

Newly Enlightened
i was looking for a desent light and it came down to a pelican 2360 and a led lenser m1 lol i stood there for like 30 min looking and the differnces in both and ended up with the pelican :shakehead should of gone with the german m1 everytime the pelican gets shaken it gose from high to low idk why but im giving to my wife :devil: and im getting the led lenser M7R i wwent with the pelican cuz i was told it made great lights but i was sorely dissapointed my icon rouge 2 is all around better lets see how the M7R works out

buds224

Enlightened
Received my Jetbeam RRT-0 with infinite ramping tonight. Wanted a light with a good...ahem!, low......well I am very impressed to say the least. Goes so low it's border line unusable.

Sounds impressive. A good low is just as important. In a strange way, when my kids want me to read them a story with the lights out, we use a flashlight and some of mine are still too bright. I got by on my TA21 but lost it. Now I use my LD20, but the RRT-0 sounds pretty nice for such a situation.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Sounds impressive. A good low is just as important. In a strange way, when my kids want me to read them a story with the lights out, we use a flashlight and some of mine are still too bright. I got by on my TA21 but lost it. Now I use my LD20, but the RRT-0 sounds pretty nice for such a situation.

I was very surprised at how low it went. I ordered it from a reputable company, on their page it said the low was .003 lumens. Weather that's true or not I don't know. I do know that outside of about four foot (unless you know where your going) the light is pretty much useless. Would be perfect for reading at night,

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Craigslist score!!!

I just got a near mint Surefire A2 Aviator (xenon, with blue led's) for $60!

I bought it because it was a steal! The guy was asking $120 for it but I guess he just wanted it gone...

Maybe the guy just didn't know what he had. Ironically, I've seen it happen before with other SureFire lights. I sure as Hell wouldn't part with my A2 for $60. Especially since after-market bulbs are still out there for the A2 model.

Steve Cebu

Newly Enlightened
My last LED light was a Nitecore D10. Do they even make that light any more? It's a good EDC light using a sanyo eneloop.
Now I need a light for the house and want either a Fenix TK50 or a Fenix TK41 same basic size but I kind of like havng the availablity to use D cells but then again I have a lot od AA's for the TK41 as well. :confused: