What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Danielight

Enlightened
Just got a Shining Beam I-mini XP-Q R4 NW. Runs on one cr123, but also includes an extra tube which allows usage with one AA battery. Another feature is "Digital infinite brightness adjustment" allowing settings from 7 to 245 lumens. All-in-all, an impressive light. :thumbsup:
UPDATE: I sold the I-Mini to a friend, and just purchased an EagleTac D25LC2 Mini (R4/Neutral) ... coming in the mail today. This will be my first light that can use an 18650 (I ordered an EagleTac Panasonic 3100 to go with the light). BTW, if my wife has her way, this really will be my last light! :sigh:

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
Klarus Mi10, said to be the worlds brightest and smallest (running single AAA). Also had some "military grade"-mumbo jumbo written in the specs on the website. Returned it a few days later because I didn't like the fit and finish of it. Battery rattle and you had to unscrew the head way to far to turn it off.

Sure it was bright and all, but I didn't feel satisfied with it for it's price. More happy with my Leatherman Monarch 200 which cost less than half the price.

Eciton

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Peak Eiger QTC -- both to try out the QTC material and because I'm currently obsessed with brass!

Before that it was an EagTac D25CM in Ti, which I bought because it was Ti and limited edition, but I'm not so keen on the squeal it makes on low mode, nor the grittiness of Ti threads :(

And before that it was a Preon 0, which I got because it is the smallest AAA light you can buy.

Which takes my flashlight count up to about 10... I'm a developing flashaholic :)

Shadowww

Banned
Just purchased a Spark ST6-460NW. It'll be a birthday present to my dad (it's in late March), I bet he'll love it as he's a car mechanic and needs headlamp very often, currently he uses $5 3xAAA headlamp from "Walmart".

kwak

Enlightened
Klarus M1X6

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

Dereelight DBS V3 with Aspherical lens and 2S extension tube

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

1x 18650

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

2 x 18650 Comparison pic

IMG_0875.jpg

2 x 18650 Comparison pic

IMG_0878.jpg

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
4sevens Black/Ti "black edition" Hi CRI Preon2:
1) I'm no friend of the twisty, but (since I have plenty of other lights) gifted my blue Preon2 clicker to a friend to go with his blue Preon1;
2) I much prefer neutral and Hi CRI to cool;
3) Since my HDS Hi CRI is due shortly, I may as well make my EDC Rotation Hi CRI (I'll save the Neutrals for my P60-size lights, and Cools for throwers and backups-to-the-backups);
4) The blue Preon2 is a little plain - hoping Ti head and tail will help it man-up, and match my Para2 and Edge a little better;
Picture it:
PM2-Closed.jpg

5) I just discovered Zodiac's Ti Preon clicky mod, and think it'll solve the niggling issues which enabled me to give my original Preon2 clicker away (no tailstand, and accidental activation);
6) Need something between cheap incans and super-bright fancy stuff to loan when my wife goes out walking with friends. They won't mind a cool, black & blue, twisty Preon2.
7) Who among us doesn't need just one more light?

Last edited:

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice knife, that blue looks awesome, I have a Tenacious for now but plan on getting a Para2 eventually (and then I am going to try to stop with knifes and stick to lights). Back on topic... last light I got was a Zebralight SC600w. I got it because of the side switch, warm tint, awesome runtimes, and the UI. It is one of my favorites.

Dieselbeast

Newly Enlightened
My last purchased a Fenix PD-31 for every day cary. I am a newb here but I think I made a good choice. I like the 18650 battery platform and I already had a few of them. I wear the PD-31 on my belt, mostly for work. I work all over and I do not know what the lighting conditions would be ahead of time. The PD-31 is very nice compaired to the lights my co-workers use. I am quite happy with this light for EDC.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
My last purchased a Fenix PD-31 for every day cary. I am a newb here but I think I made a good choice. I like the 18650 battery platform and I already had a few of them. I wear the PD-31 on my belt, mostly for work. I work all over and I do not know what the lighting conditions would be ahead of time. The PD-31 is very nice compaired to the lights my co-workers use. I am quite happy with this light for EDC.
Sounds like a perfect choice. :welcome:

Erik Mejia

Newly Enlightened
The last flashlight I purchased was a Fenix TK35. I thought it would make a good search light. Very bright and well priced. Before that purchase I got a Novatac SpecialOps.

HB021

Newly Enlightened
Latest flashlights I bought are:

FenixTK21 U2 + AR102 remote pressure pad:
59a04f3c-3874-3609.jpg

Balder SE-1 XM-L(to the right):
59a04f3c-38a3-e6d2.jpg

502B, Yezl T9, DRY all using XM-L:
59a04f3c-3911-8d24.jpg

CL01

Newly Enlightened
A rechargeable light by Voodoo Tactical, mainly because of the price. It's the Thresher model, however, I'm sure it's a rebadged light, but I don't know by whom. It uses a single 18650 lithium battery & has 5 modes (High, med, low, strobe, & SOS). High's rated at 235 lumens (With great throw, BTW) for 3 hrs, med. is rated at 180 for 4 hrs, & low is rated at 80 for 20 hrs. It's not the smallest light at 6 3/4" (The head's 1 1/2" wide), but it's not bad & rechargeable W/O taking the battery out (Came with the battery & charger).

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hmmm, Just got a RRT-3 today.....waiting for dark as usual to go play.

:D

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC600. I like the 18650 size/weight/power. It is an excellent light. Very low low, yard-filling high, useful medium. Unique UI.