What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Matt7337

Enlightened
Just bought another Nitecore EX10, this time one with a tritium piston. I still class the D10 and EX10 as two of the best pocket sized (single cell) flashlights money can buy, and I've had multiple D10s for a while but only one EX10 until now. I keep one D10 diffused and one undiffused, and my only EX10 is diffused as well so the new one will remain undiffused.

I also bought a Malkoff powered Surefire G2 - It's got a Hi-CRI M61 and a SS tritium bezel installed which will make it the first HCRI flashlight that I've owned.

And finally I bought a new setup for my Dereelight DBS V3 - an aspheric head with an XR-E EZ900 R2 pill and an 18650 extension tube to drive it at 1.5 Amps.

None of the above have made it this far yet, but I'm itching to get my hands on them! :D

Last edited:

al93535

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC31W. I've read alot of good things about them. They seem to be tough, have an innovative UI and it has a neutral tint! I have a quark mini high cri and it's great, but no clip to edc. It also uses 16340's which I prefer.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also an SC31w. I already had one, but cherish it so much I had to get another for a back-up. What an amazing little light.

weklund

Enlightened
Vin's Warm XML drop (Moonlight, Medium, High) installed in an FM 3P Clone body tube, SF Z44 w/ Oveready Brass bezel ring and Z41 cap w/ Zero Resistance Shorty Twisty Z41 Upgrade. Running on 1x18650 Redilast 3000 mAh.
I bought all the parts and put them together because this sort of light can not be purchased complete over the counter.

BSFB1.jpg

BSFB2.jpg

BSFB3.jpg

I also recently picked up a Sunwayman V10R XML because it is the best stock EDC out there IMHO. Outstanding UI only bested by the honorable Nitecore D10.

SWMXML.jpg

Last edited:

Matt7337

Enlightened
Really nice looking little 3P you've put together there Weklund! Would you mind linking me to where you bought the body tube and module? I might 'need' to get myself one of those in the future ;)

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC-600.

I actually read a member's brief description of the light, to another member, along with its reputation and that was enough for me to seek one out and buy it a couple of hours later. I like it a lot.

Hey...I'm easy at times, what can I say?

Chris

Danielight

Enlightened
Sunwayman V10A ... runs on either AA or 14500, Low mode is very low, and High mode on 14500s is very high (over 400 lumens?).

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam RRT-01 - small. Looks nice, infinitely variable, Bright, compact.

Before that it was a Spark SL5-190W - side switch, cool body styling, neutral tint.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Just received the "96 lumen upgraded" ITP A3 light. With an alkaline AAA battery, the brightness is pretty much exactly the same as my LD01 on the high setting. The only main difference is that the LD01 has a more concentrated hot spot, and the A3 has more spill. The LD01 is also more cool white looking and the A3 is more natural white looking (the E05 next to all of those is really blue looking). Waiting for some new 10440 batteries to show up in the mail later this week, so I can test them out in the upgraded A3 and LD01 :).

Really, the only 2 things I don't like about the A3 are the threads on the cap (turning the head to turn on the light takes very little effort, whereas the Fenix lights are more stiff... I like that better), and that the hole for keyring is too small to put anything larger through it. I'm afraid that if I drill it larger, I might make it too weak or cut right through it.

I also have Sunwayman V10R is in the mail right now with a RCR123 waiting to go into it :D

palmettoinspect

Newly Enlightened
The first light I bought was a Olight m21x. I love it. I use it everyday for home inspections and it works great. I just ordered a zebralight sc600 after reading all the reviews on here and I like the position of the switch and the fact you have so many level options. I will be mounting the M21 on my mossberg tactical 22 rail once the zebralight comes in. I really need to get off this site my wife is starting to think I have a problem.

weklund

Enlightened
Really nice looking little 3P you've put together there Weklund! Would you mind linking me to where you bought the body tube and module? I might 'need' to get myself one of those in the future ;)

Drop-in is from Vinh who has many flavors to chose from. I preferred a warm XML for this EDC. You can contact Wayne Here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Sale-Thread-NEW-PILL-AND-REFLECTOR-AVAILABLE

Body can be had from WonderLite here:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...s-in-6-Sizes-**Part-2**&p=2671085#post2671085

Bezel and switch can be purchased from Oveready.com or possibly picked up at CPF Marketplace.

I really like this set up. Very reliable, versitile and utilitarian. Good Luck with your quest.

BSFB2.jpg

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
Different selection here in Japan. I've been hesitant to buy lights at our local stores, but I don't have any AAA lights. I decided to start with these since they were only 980yen each. The one on the left has momentary on and forward click. The one on the right is a twist. Both only have 1 mode. Sorry, I don't read Japanese, so I don't know the details.

IMG_1609-vi.jpg

The one on the right also came with documentation that had this url on it: www.saint-gentleman.co.jp

Just thought it might be of some interest.

Ishango

Enlightened
I'm on a shopping spree this month :) I'm going on a bushcraft course later this month and bought full new gear as a gift to myself (including sleeping bag [mine was old], sleeping mat, daypack, buff, et cetera).

I also bought a Petzl Tikka 2 Plus (70 lumen version) yesterday. My first headlamp. I already ordered the ZL H51Fw, but the track & trace doesn't work and I hope it still gets here in time. In the meantime I wanted a backup headlamp for the H51Fw, or a temp replacement if it doesn't get here in time. I've been looking into Petzl products for a while, so I decided to get this one.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just purchased a HDS Hi-CRI clicky. I settled on waiting until the end of the year to be able to get a HDS light. I hear and read many great reviews about it. A member posted that a dealer had them in stock. I rushed to get one. They're out of stock as of this morning.

lionflyer

Newly Enlightened
Some 3 pack at costco. CREE emitter powered by 3aa cells. Machined and anodized with Hi and low plus strobe settings. All for 20 bucks. I also have 2 surefire p6s and a 365nm ultrafire for scorpion hunting.

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
I cant wait for my hds hi cri clickey to arrive. So to hold me over I just placed my order for a peak el capitan aluminum neutral narrow optic pocket body. I want to have a backup that takes AA and I'm really curious about peak lights. Bob from rmsk was really helpful, and says he going to test the 14500s and charger in the light. Hows that for service.

lphomiej

Newly Enlightened
Some 3 pack at costco. CREE emitter powered by 3aa cells. Machined and anodized with Hi and low plus strobe settings. All for 20 bucks. I also have 2 surefire p6s and a 365nm ultrafire for scorpion hunting.

How do you like your 365nm Ultrafire? Which one is it? I've only seen a couple on dealextreme @ 380 and 395nm. I'm looking to find a nice, high power 365nm light.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam RRT-01.

Nice EDC light. Smaller and brighter than a Sunwayman V10R. Better interface than a V10R and holds a larger IMR battery than a V10R.