What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

TechnoBill

Newly Enlightened
Oh, and I turned out all the lights in my place last night and put my Fenix E01 in my ear.

But yeah, ear-lights, I'm trademarking it and making a new line of them XD
Naturally after they catch on, and you sell a zillion you'll release the XD-M series with a bunch of cool new, not quite backward compatible, parts yah?

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
I have never considered myself a flashaholic however I have always been facsinated by small, powerful handheld flashlights. I have owned several sized Maglites from the 6 D-cell to the little tiny, almost useless Solitare and one day saw an ad on the internet for an "ASP Triad". Everything I read about it told me I just have to have one of these lights, so I ordered one and used it for my EDC for several years. That is until I found out about LED lights and the Olight M2 Warrior Premium. After doing a lot of research and comparing it to other lights in its class I ordered one of them and it is now my EDC. Now as to where this is all heading, I'm not quite sure as my girlfriend is beginning to give me some questionable looks when she sees me perusing the flashlight sections at some of the various stores we visit. She thinks I have definitely become a flashaholic but I still stick to my story that I am not. Hmm, been thinking about that 35W Tactical HID and the Polarion lights are looking "less expensive" every time I visit their site and then there's the...............

Light me up Scotty...........Terry (I am not a flashaholic......No-No-No!!!)

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the pics

P7251927.jpg

P7251928.jpg

P7251931.jpg

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore D20, from 4 Sevens because of the piston drive and its sheer beauty Q5 on sale! QUARK AA, CR123 because 4 Sevens' name is on the light with a warm LED. Their service is excellent. It's been nice watching them grow and add staff and products!

Before that it was a LUMMI Neutral white drop in LE for my RAW Ns! Why? look at it!, dealing with Rob at Lummi is also a pleasure. I have even called and spoken to him on the phone. He sounds like one of the Beatles :)

I recently picked up a bunch of those coin cell LED lights from BatteryJunction WHY? great service and outstanding selection.

Before that it was something from Lighthound same reason great service and great selection.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
Last light I purchased was a Quark AA warm. I was on the fence for a while, debating whether I NEED another "premium" 1AA light, as I am still more than satisfied with my D10 R2 as an EDC... but I pulled the trigger last night, after going through the whole 3-part Quark thread, and burning the midnight oil. :D The warm emitter sold me, as I love the tint on my Zebralight H60w, and the lego-ability will definitely come in handy in the future (once my VISA cools down a little. :eek:)

I'm also waiting on a T100C2 MkII. Hoping that will fulfill my needs for an 18650 thrower with good runtime.

Last light I actually received? Hmm, that'd have to be the H60w. Well impressed with its brightness, tint, and comfort on the head. I was a little wary about going with the H60 over the H501, worried that the size and weight might be a little overwhelming, but so far I haven't found that to be an issue. It's come in VERY handy working on my car. Never again will I have to deal with a fluorescent worklamp getting in the way, or holding a flashlight in my teeth! :thumbsup: As an added bonus, with a strip of paper towel stuffed under the headband, it doubles as a sweat band. :cool:

recDNA

Flashaholic
MG PLI. Small, inexpensive, MC-E emitter. I like a bright, floody emitter so the MC-E is perfect for me. I se no reason to carry around a giant M30 when I can throw the MG PLI in my pocket or used the included holster.

I would have preferred the WE sniper because I like strobe in the event of a car breakdown but it is SO much more expensive I can't justify it.

I'm trying to hold off buying anything else until the Eagletac T20C and the Quark MC-E come out because I'm sure I'm going to have to have one of them. I'm going nuts waiting though.

Last edited:

Gary123

Enlightened
Just bought 2:

1) A Milkey custom - Aleph 3 head, MC-E emitter on a Leef 18650 body with RPM tail, all bare AL. Its designed to run on two imr 123 cells. I bought the light because I want a high output single MC-E light of high quality. So many of the high output MC-E or P7 lights out now are large lights and I wanted to create one that would equal or exceed their output in a significantly smaller form factor.

2) Another custom I put together: an Aleph 1 head (actually an Erin Ti copy) with a NEXGEN 750 SSC USVOH LE, Balrog 17500 body with 2 stage twisty. A basic light, very compact, quite bright, convenient with the two outputs. I got it to further explore the Aleph line, and because the little is compact and attractive.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and I turned out all the lights in my place last night and put my Fenix E01 in my ear.

I really hope you mean ON your ear and not IN:sick2:

I ordered a Quark AA Neutral Tactical Saturday. Why? Physical design; the knurling, the clip, especially the retaining system and swapping the head and tail to reverse the clip and square threads. The UI, I love the simple 2 mode head twist, the Quark allows me to program the 2 modes. The beam and emitter, the small hotspot and large spill seems to be the most well rounded beam for my uses and well the neutral tint speaks for itself.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last purchase was a SureFire E1B Backup. I bought it as a backup to my duty light.

One before that as a Single-Mode E2DL. It is my duty light. It's also a baton with teeth :)

Bengy

Newly Enlightened
The last light I bought would be the Fenix TK40. The reason was solely because I just wanted to own a bright light lol and a plus is that it ran on AA batteries which is very convenient since I already have rechargeable AA batteries.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last LED was the new multi-mode AA Mags. I got tired of the IQ switches on my older one's, and wanted to see what they were about. Good for what it is, but nothing to scream about...

Before that was my FIRST malkoff (an M60). Threw that in my G2 w/ AN14...and screamed!

Schwartz

Newly Enlightened
The last light I purchased was a Malkoff MD4. I got it because I really like my MD2. I try to limit myself to lights that are fairly unique when compared to what I already have. I don't have a light with 4 high power LEDs so I got the MD4. Had he made it a 3 LED light I dunno what I would have done because I have a EagleTac M2X. :) I always find myself saying oh I could use that for this or that. It is tough keeping the urge to buy under control but I know from seeing the pictures other people post that I am doing pretty good at controlling it. :sssh:

I got hooked on LEDs back when I purchased my ARC LS1 and AA extender tube. I would say that was my first serious LED light and I still have and use it.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

... It was like turning night to day :) Getting anxious about getting a real light and see what it's like. But yeah, ear-lights, I'm trademarking it and making a new line of them XD

Ear lights, if it looks anything like this, then thats going to be an infringment on my patent.
25072009120.jpg

Nah, its not even my idea. Its just a cheap $2 pair of over the ear head phones and Fenix L0P strapped on to it.

I actually wanted to strap my new LiteFlux LF2XT to it but the buzzing gets a little annoying when its on max. That wasn't the reason why I got the LF2XT though. It was all the glowing reports from people on this forum that sold me and I'm not one bit disappointed.

Last edited:

Boy SureFire

Enlightened
My one and only LED SF E1L, because my 6P looked sad:( being alone on my belt, ohh yah and :bow:lovecpf:rock:

HighLumens

Enlightened
Ear lights, if it looks anything like this, then thats going to be an infringment on my patent.
25072009120.jpg

Nah, its not even my idea. Its just a cheap $2 pair of over the ear head phones and Fenix L0P strapped on to it.

I actually wanted to strap my new LiteFlux LF2XT to it but the buzzing gets a little annoying when its on max. That wasn't the reason why I got the LF2XT though. It was all the glowing reports from people on this forum that sold me and I'm not one bit disappointed.
Nice idea! I'll try to find a way to attach my LF2XT to my face too.

P.S.: yesterday I found a piece of plastic that could work as a diffuser but it was 0.5mm smaller (diameter) than needed. I forced a bit to make it fit and it worked great, but when I removed it, I noticed a very little sign on the anodizing :faint:. Perhaps I forced too much? More likely it already was there!