What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

jtm148

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight C2H because it has a lot of battery options and i just dig the way it looks :)

ksu499

Newly Enlightened
As I was recently gifted with a Malkoff M61W by someone who had it and didn't know what to do with it, I waited and waited until the Hi/Lo bezel was available and got one plus the MD2 body. Boy, is this a great light! Oddly, with the more natural light tint, I find it most useful in picking out the proper pair of socks (blue? black? brown?) while I'm getting dressed in the morning without having to turn on the light and wake up anyone.

grahamtdi

Newly Enlightened
My zebralight sc51 arrived today.
I wanted to try the ui and its a good excuse for a new edc.
I think it is very nice and i can see more zebralights coming my way.

Raggasonic

Newly Enlightened
Just caught a NT 120P cause I lost my EDC 120T, and a HDS clicky 170 because I wanted to own one. They'll probably share my EDC time, clipped on my front left pocket.

Napalm

Enlightened
Eagletac P20A2 MKII with XP-G S2 led module. To be kept at all times in the car as an emergency light.

Nap. :candle:

h2000

Newly Enlightened
The new jetbeam jet iii m with the xml... Wanted something brighter to replace my ld20 which will now be placed in my car. The new light ships out in 1-2 weeks so im looking forward to it!

dr.toto

Newly Enlightened
4seven S12 and Fenix TK 35. Small and powerful.

Fenix TK 50 whit 2 Titanium D size Ni-Mh 12,000 mA. 6 hours on Max

squaat

Newly Enlightened
Fenix Tk35, my first foray into cr123a/Li-ion based lights. Wanted a powerful light in a small package... this definitely fits the bill :)
Previous purchase to that was a Zebralight h51w, I wanted a decent headlamp for night skiing (snowboarding), but it arrived after the season had ended :(

ATF628

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight PT-2L

It's a bright light and its tight beam makes it seem brighter than what it actually is. Also, no one's gonna steal the CR123's if the TV remote goes dead.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first joined, I wasn't too out of control... then it grew... it was bad... then I left...

Then I came back to do 'just a little research' and now I fear I'm out of control again.

Most recently light is an 'almost newest version' of the Inova X1. Always liked that form factor. I was at Target today and they had one of the 25 Lumen X1s with the orange peel reflector, so I grabbed one... Just need to get a 2 stage X1 and I'll have at least one of each version.

Also today, I got another P60 drop in, an order from Deal Extreme with two cheapies and some LEDs to slightly update some Lux III lights... as of this moment, I have three more lights on the way, two more P60s, an SST50 on a star and another order from Deal Extreme in bound AND I just received an order from Lighthound yesterday.

Hopeless, I tell ya!

Samy

Enlightened
This week i received a Fenix E01 for mum's keys, another E01 for my keys, a Quark 2xAA Tactical for my dad for him to use at work/home for his EDC, and a 1xAA Quark Tactical for my wife's handbag. Gave the lights out yesterday and went outside to test them out. My mum just wanted something to use when getting from the garage down to the house on dark nights or taking out trash. It's not super bright but it'll always be with her so i'm sure it'll get some use - if it got her anything bigger she might not be so keen to always carry it and then never use it. She loved the E01. This is my dad's first 'proper' light. He was blown away by the little 2xAA Quark's output and small size and he REALLY loved the holster and especially the handgrip that it came with. It's very easy to use and that's all he needs. He's also an emergency service volunteer that flies all over the country during natural disasters so he was real keen to take it with him on his next deployment.

My wife on the other hand thought some jewellery would have a been a better present. LOL ;) I informed her that we live in a rural area with no lighting and she drives to and from work on isolated quiet roads so carrying a small extremely tough torch with her is probably a good idea. I would have gotten the same response if i gave her a $5 supermarket torch LOL ;) Oh well at least i know that when i'm with her at least she's got a decent a light if i need to use one ;)

And i love my little Fenix E01. I was a bit sceptical about it due to the very low price and lumen output but it's pretty darn impressive!

It's now time for something with a bit of punch for my big bush backyard so i have just ordered a Fenix TK41 from goinggear.com. It should arrive in a fortnight or so. I've already ordered 8x eneloops for it ;)

cheers

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman V10R-Ti because I was interested in the variable control ring and the form factor. I love it much better than the Jetbeam TC-R2, the tint is a little green on low but that is about to change.
I also have a P60 drop-in (XPG 1.4A 4000K) coming from Nailbender for a FM 1 x 26500 gold plated host.

takenaway

Newly Enlightened
A 4sevens Preon 2 becasue I heard good things about it and it was a good price. I am just starting to get into flashlights.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't really remember when exactly was my last purchase but it was for my current edc which is a McLux III PD-S bought several years ago from another member. Anyway last Wednesday, I pulled the trigger for a Haiku XP-G with bead blasted version, super cool. Fortunately it was available directly from McGizmo, so I bought one. Todate it is the most expensive light I have ever purchased. Last I looked, its on its way coming here to Malaysia. Hope to be in my hands before the weekend.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Bought a Lumintop worm, Will be using it as my key chain light and also in underwater (in saltwater up to 3 meters).

cbxer55

Enlightened
I'm still enjoying the heck out of the Olight M30 Triton I picked up when they first came out. Have not bought another light since. EDC it every day, and it has yet to let me down. I do not know of another light as bright as this one for its size. My Surefire U2 was retired when I got this light, has remained so to this day, not nearly as bright. Until something comes out that is as bright as this one, and the same size or close to it, I'll not be buying any more lights.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
I purchased another 6P and while I know that this is not an LED., it soon will be. And why? It was on the dreaded fleeBay, it was cheap, it was G/M finish in an attractive blue/gray and looked minty (?); and it will be a wonderful host for an M61W. which I haven't bought yet either and, well...
:devil:...Diabolus me coegit peccare!

DivineStrike

Newly Enlightened
within the past month i've purchased these lights in the following order: Olight M20S S2 (got lucky on the tint lottery and the pwm isn't noticeable to me), Quark MiNi AA Ti, and JayRob's 1000 Lumen 2d Maglite XML build...haven't recieved the latter yet but it is purchased ^_^

yowzer

Enlightened
And i love my little Fenix E01. I was a bit sceptical about it due to the very low price and lumen output but it's pretty darn impressive!

I got my first E01 a few weeks ago. Not too thrilled with the purple tint, but a cheap, simple, rugged, reliable low output, long runtime light has a lot of points in its favor, and I've found it to be surprisingly useful.