What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! Just got one myself last week. With the long runtime on all settings virtually, I can really justify using an RCR in it...it's more than efficient on primaries...just slap a ring on it (from a C2/Z2, etc.), and get a little combat-grip action going. Awesome light! Congrats! (The YG setting is addictive...and the IR setting IS NOT "Off"...LOL!)

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last two have been Malkoff M61hcri's. Why? Cause they ROCK! Also bought a ZL SC51c and H51Fw within the same timeframe.

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened
Congrats! Just got one myself last week. With the long runtime on all settings virtually, I can really justify using an RCR in it...it's more than efficient on primaries...just slap a ring on it (from a C2/Z2, etc.), and get a little combat-grip action going. Awesome light! Congrats! (The YG setting is addictive...and the IR setting IS NOT "Off"...LOL!)

I'm pretty excited about it, I had to sell my entire collection to afford the Milspec, but I'd rather have one light that does what I need, then a bunch of lights that "kinda" do what I need.

How pocketable is the Kroma-A21?

donnieol

Newly Enlightened
The last one I ordered was a Ray S-20 for EDC.
The next will be a P6 to start modifying.

DL

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
How pocketable is the Kroma-A21?

Not really...too short. I tried it...it looks unique, and is fun to mess around with for a few minutes, but I much more prefer it in stock form. Even having the combat grip on it doesn't really help. Putting a rubber ring right under where the clip attaches is about the best thing you can do for it...it's robust enough to let you use the Milspec cigar style with a pistol, etc.. Another thing I like about the milspec, as opposed to the regular Kroma, is when you have it in the low modes, it will not go into high white...so there's no chance of accidentally "exposing" yourself, or blasting your night vision, or waking up some-one.

shomie911

Enlightened
Not really...too short. I tried it...it looks unique, and is fun to mess around with for a few minutes, but I much more prefer it in stock form. Even having the combat grip on it doesn't really help. Putting a rubber ring right under where the clip attaches is about the best thing you can do for it...it's robust enough to let you use the Milspec cigar style with a pistol, etc.. Another thing I like about the milspec, as opposed to the regular Kroma, is when you have it in the low modes, it will not go into high white...so there's no chance of accidentally "exposing" yourself, or blasting your night vision, or waking up some-one.

I liked that as well, if I'm using one of the color modes in low light the last thing I want is to wash out my vision with high-output white.

I'm going to try the Kroma-A21 combo out, I tend to like short, stubby flashlights so it might be a better match for me.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most recently scored a RA Clicky 120T. Will be nice to have a Clicky back in the collection again. I'm thinking about finding someone to swap out the led for something more updated and neutral in tint. Anyone still do those mods around here?

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
I think it was the Surefire E1L (new one 45 lumen high) but its been a while.
I somehow got it on Fleabay for something like $80something. shipped (New In Package):naughty:
Sometimes Fleabay just works out.
I really like the light. Even at 45 lumens its bright enough for most tasks.

The 85 lumen E1B went in a pistol box. I don't really miss it much and it was needed there.

Its not for pocket carry with the exposed click button or CCW use coming on with the low first.
I'm looking at a EDC 120 or 170 clicky next.

shomie911

Enlightened
An SW02 might make it more doable though...I'll try that when I get home and post a pic...

I'm interested to see how well they work together. You'd lose the low-white mode, but the colored LED modes could always work when lower output is needed.

Socue521

Newly Enlightened
The last one i bought was the Energizer swivel head, the military version. Its like the normal ''angled light'', but you can turn the head 180degrees, so it can also be used as a normal light :) Why did i buy it? Becuase im getting tired of walking into water pools at night, cause i cant see anything(when im walking the dog) + im tired of my flashlights breaking :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q27-X3xVYqM, a little vid of the flashlight, he explain its features well :)

PS: this is my first post =D Great place here ::twothumbs:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a couple light-related items in today's post... a SupaSizeFries SST50 drop-in and a Solarforce L2 with an older XRE R2 5-mode drop-in.

Got the SST because it was warm white and it's my first nice warm white module or LED and got the L2 because it was cheap and now I have one of each of the finishes of the L2/L2Ps.

Last edited:

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
Fenix E01(s), wanted one to play with, and passed 2 out to family members to finally retire the 4-6 year old Mag Solitaires that have ruled keychains for so long.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered two Sparks from SBflashlights today: an SL-740NW and an ST-460NW.

I am SO looking forward to getting the SL!!!

EDIT: since I'm hitting the CC again for this purchase, I can't help myself, and am also going to pick up a new SC51c as well!!! God have pity on me... this is a SICKNESS!!!

Last edited:

mggm

Newly Enlightened
I got a Fenix E10 for its simplicity, nice color rendition and robust construction.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shiningbeam S-Mini with XPG R4 neutral white.

I'd previously purchased a Yezl Z1x. I was impressed with the Yezl's wall-o-light output, but was not impressed with its rather cheap feeling construction, heavy weight, and weak knurling. I purchased an S-mini thinking to upgrade the driver to 2.8 amps and the emitter to XML.

The S-Mini arrived yesterday and WOW! This light is great. It's much lighter than the Yezl, but has grippy knurling that feels great in the hand. The beam is also very nice. It's not a wall of light like the Yezl, but the beam is nicely focused and has a beautiful tint. I'm thinking I'll keep this as-is rather than switching out the emitter or driver.

This was my first neutral white flashlight since I purchased my LF2XT last year. I see why everyone likes neutral so much now.

Xacto

Enlightened
After a hard battle (and finally a phone call to the dealer) I ordered a Surefire 9P with a Thrunite XM-L dropin (currently on offer at that dealer). The battle I fought was between the aforementioned 9P / Thrunite XM-L offer and a Surefire L1 (would have been my third one - one for the shelf, one for the nightstand with red filter, this one would and will be included in the EDC rotation). Surefire L1 will be on next month (if I can wait that long).

Cheers
Thorsten

Bierkameel

Newly Enlightened
Muyshondt Nautilus because my RA Clicky is broken after dropping from my pocket.
The Nautilis has a better size and great runtime, a really nice light.