What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Kasé Zomé

Newly Enlightened
Received 2 Olight i1 180s today (one for the wifey) as my new EDC light and also placed my order for the soon to be released M20S-X.

I think my next light might have to be a HDS flush button rotary...

salejel

Newly Enlightened
Ah, it's funny question, I din't have any idea abou my last LED light. Soon I will get my new Led light from online.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Bought a Keygos KE5 XML as my thrower light in a hiking trip(already have several throwers but want something new) and a Fenix HL21 as my backup headlamp for my Zebralight H51.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Tiablo A9 R2 with the collimator head, it throws and throws. I love it. I got it from Kit-Tronics, Greer is a very nice guy and takes the time to explain all my questions. I think I will get the A10G R2 next.

DaveT

Enlightened
I stumbled across this light in my local grocery store (Acme):
Eveready LED Economy 1D Size Flashlight with Battery (2 Pack)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PZPB2I/?tag=cpf0b6-20

The price for the 2-pack was $5.98. They had singles for about $3.50. They're a very thin, cheaply made light that looks like your typical 2D incandescent cheapo flashlight. Interestingly (to me), they run on 1D cell - they have a freakishly long spring in them, and I don't think you could force two D cells into it unless you cut the spring shorter. Also, the positive terminal of the D cell is covered by a sticker that says "remove before using" - so it won't accidentally go on. They have a medium/weak beam, with a fairly tiny hotspot and thin spill. The output reminds me of the MJLED PR2 LED bulbs, although perhaps a bit narrower beam.

They won't win any kind of beauty contest or "top flashlight" contest, but what I think makes these lights a real winner is as an emergency light for those who couldn't care less about flashlights, or as a super cheap loaner light...It claims a 40-hour battery life. Running on a single D-cell battery, you don't have to worry about having a pair of batteries. You could loan these out to the unprepared with no real concerns about if it's ever returned to you - you could supply them with extra batteries at half the rate you'd need to do for an incandescent 2xD-cell flashlight, and if you really needed to, you could use a D-sized battery spacer for a AA rechargeable like an Eneloop. Really versatile and practical.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix E01. Had to get something small for free shipping on Amazon... you can't have too many of those tough little guys.

geomun

Newly Enlightened
The StreamLight 88033 (2 aa led 120 lumen light) arrived today. Batteries rattle a little when you shake it. Made the mistake of looking at it dead on had the joy of seeing spots for several minutes. I pass by the goinggear retail store on the way home every day. Going to check out the sunwayman models and say Hi to Marshall. Will look at something a little brighter and one that has less than the low 14 lumens the streamfire does. For my first "higher" end light, I am well pleased. Now on to bigger and better. This site will certainly lighten the wallet as many have stated.

Last edited:

Acid87

Enlightened
I have bought a couple of lights recently. Firstly I have bought a Surefire E1E off the MP quality little EDC light and I still miss my E1L although I used photos and Sherlock Holmes type skill to work out where I lost it. Secondly I bought a Tomahawk NV angle light of an Internet auction site. I'm not military but it looks like a good light something unique but useful.

Cogitria

Newly Enlightened
Took delivery of a HDS EDC R1S 200 Rotary w/flush button this afternoon.

I've always wanted a Ra or HDS after reading so much hype, but I bought a Novatac 120P a few years ago because they were cheaper. I waited for the new HDS to come out before finally buying this year because the 120P covers my low light needs quite well so I wanted something better, in this case higher total output and variable selector.

How much does it costs? where to buy cheap LED light bulbs?

Last edited:

Acid87

Enlightened
Cogitria said:
How much does it costs? where to buy?

Depends where you live. Price is 199$ or so last time I looked.
http://www.hdslights.com
A word of advice I know your new here some CPF members prefer people to do research prior to asking questions. As in a simply google search may have answered your question. But I'm happy to help.

These lights are defiantly worth it. Tanks.

dmkatz76

Newly Enlightened
ET D25C2 yesterday afternoon. Size, price and performance - or maybe performance, price, size.

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The Streamfire 88033 (2 aa led 120 lumen light) arrived today. Batteries rattle a little when you shake it. Made the mistake of looking at it dead on had the joy of seeing spots for several minutes. I pass by the goinggear retail store on the way home every day. Going to check out the sunwayman models and say Hi to Marshall. Will look at something a little brighter and one that has less than the low 14 lumens the streamfire does. For my first "higher" end light, I am well pleased. Now on to bigger and better. This site will certainly lighten the wallet as many have stated.

Battery rattle can be cured a few ways. A rolled up piece of paper or two, a strip of tape around each end of battery etc.

knoth

Newly Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago I bought a Serengeti fl708 160 lm 3AAA.

Please, before you tell me your Fenix, Zebralight, Trustfire or whatever superior flashlight you have is superior to this inexpensive Serengeti...you will get no argument from me....you are right ..and congratulations.

My reason for purchasing the Serengeti is much different from why most people buy flashlights.

I didn't buy it to see.

i bought it to be seen.

I am a cyclist riding year round almost everyday of the week for an hour and a half in early morning darkness.

I ride in a large city and find the streetlights to be adequate for illuminating the routes I ride (for fitness) so my main purpose for this flashlight purchase was to mount it on my helmet and use it mostly in strobe mode because I want to be seen by motorists more than I want the light to illuminate my path.

So far I have been pleased that the strobe mode is brighter than anticipated with good peripheral exposure as well....contributing to better visibility to approaching and intersecting drivers.

I have no idea if this light is 160lm as advertised. Probably not but this is of little concern as I feel it is doing what I want it to do and it may not last as long as the big name brands ..but then maybe it will and for $13 I will not be holding my breath to find out.

ms1496

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam PA40... I like the great output for the size, price, innovative carbon composite handle and the fact it can run it on AA cells. :grin2:
Been a while since I bought an AA only light... Glad I picked this up

Xacto

Enlightened
Second Fenix E05 so I can start carrying my first one on my car keys. Will surely be used every wednesday when I return home from my parents and have to unload the bag with the fresh laundry and food from the passenger side of my smart car. Since I already have the car key in one hand, that solution is easier then unholstering my SF6P.

Cheers
Thorsten

Spypro

Enlightened
I got my Fenix TK35 in the mailbox today ! I bought it to have another flashlight in my collection. I will use it for general use at home, to check for trespassers in the vines behind my house and for hiking / camping.

Latest posts