What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Logan QTC 17500/AA configuration with Oveready silver clip. Why? Because bigchelis wrote a glowing review of it and Oveready had only 1 remaining in stock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Sunwayman M40a (XM-L). Got it because I found the tremendous value in a light that takes multiple AA batteries and can be really bright during a protracted power outage as we had a few weeks ago here in CT. My TK-45 was my most used light. A slightly smaller form factor with the same concept seemed appropriate to add to my arsenal. For one week I ran the TK-45 to make my living room bright all evening and then took the mostly depleted Eneloops to work (where there was power) and charged them all in my MC-9000.

purelite

Enlightened
Peak Logan 17500 just like Run4jc. Its a new EDC for me and so far it is awesome. Reasons? I wanted reliability,battery flexibility and the QTC was a cool plus for a simple twisty light. Plus they looked so cool with the clip and 2 tone on Oveready I couldnt resist!!

atbglenn

Newly Enlightened
A Solarforce L2P P60 host with an Ultrafire XML T6 3 mode drop in. Why? because I like the brightness, build quality, compactness, no disco mode, and I'm a big fan of single 18650 powered lights.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Last light I purchases was a RC-N3 neutral from shining beam. Wanted to see how a Neutral white LED looked, and replacing the Minimag shaped hole in my collection. Also have parts coming in for a XML Mag build.

geomun

Newly Enlightened
just ordered the d25a2 from eagletac usa and now their site seems to be offline. Umm, a little strange. Excited to get free shipping and a great price.

Last edited:

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
iTP A3 EOS Upgraded. Great little keychain light. I love how the beam isn't so focused like other LED lights.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just purchased 2 Nitecore T0 flashlights (Black and Blue), because I needed something of a E01 fix, but with a modern feel, and this just hit the spot with the Titanium head. Hopefully the tint wont be as purple as the e01, but if it is, I will love it just the same :D

Second light I purchased was a Fenix E01 in black (surprise surprise). I guess being a Flashaholic for so long, when you are bored and looking for a new light, you can just pick a different color E01, and put it in another bag you have at home or another jacket that doesn't currently have a light in it! lol

Third light I purchased is the Photon Freedom. I bought a couple Photon Micro II's, and my wife and I both loved it (I originally bought her a E01, but she never uses it because she has so much junk on her keychain. I bought the Micro II, and slapped it on her keys and Viola! She uses it!). I thought I'd give the freedom a shot on the keychain and see how it will put up against the Micro II. I like the baseball cap clip and the ability to recharge the unit as well.

Fourth light I purchased is the Fenix E11. I came across it by accident while ordering the above lights, but after reading the specs, I was quite impressed. I was looking for a light with a clicky that ran off a single AA, that can compete with the runtimes of the Quark Mini AA. This light will be quite beneficial during power outages due to its longer runtimes, too bad the clicky protrudes out, and I may not be able to table stand it... :( In the meantime, I may slap a clip on it and EDC it for a little bit, or it may stay in my Maxpedition Fatty along with my other survival kit items.

Last but not least... I get a free keychain light along the lines of a Photon, because my order well exceeded $20! lol I'm pretty sure you guys know where I ordered from from that hint! lol Oh and thanks CPF for the discount! It almost covered the shipping and handling! haha :laughing:

Ian2381

Enlightened
C8 XML for modding and Nitecore T0 Titanium Alloy Bezel as I love the reliability of my E01 which seems to be the same with this.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should never read reviews...after reading this one;
Then this thread;
I thought it was time to try out the Peak light(s). SOOO - just like the one in the bigchelis review, a 17500 HA Logan QTC with momentary switch, a 10180 Stainless Eiger with XPG R5 in keychain version, and a AAA Stainless Eiger with Nichia High CRI 119 emitter, keychain version.

:shakehead :devil: :thumbsup:

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Klarus Mi X6 Stainless, because I wanted to upgrade from my Photon, and I thought the Stainless Klarus would hold up better on my keyring than the aluminum Olight i3.

Ishango

Enlightened
I ordered two Nitecore T0 (blue and green) lights from BatteryJunction. When the topic came up announcing these I was immediately interested. Today I found out they could be ordered and I placed an order for two of them to see if it's worth anything. I like and use my E01's a lot and was looking for a similar light with a different look.

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a Sunwayman V20C. Reason is to replace my Fenix TK12 R5, which was my EDC light. The TK12 is being replaced because it's strike bezel has ruined a few to many pants/shorts. Once upon a time "tactical" lights were pocket friendly lights and could be carried in a cargo pocket. With the advent of the strike bezel, tactical lights are now like fixed blade knives...carry in a protective sheath is required. I hate strike bezels.

Captain Paul

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a sunwayman v10r ti. I don't know WHAT the heck has gotten into me these last few months, but flashlights have taken a nasty beating on my bank account. For some reason I love everything they do.

My first titanium light, checking the mailbox twice a day now :D

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been one of the many that are still waiting for the EO1 Killer (or the AA version of the EO1) from 4Sevens. Once I saw that Nitecore came out with a light similar to the awesome EO1. I had to have it.

But 4Sevens... if you are reading this... we are stil waiting... ;)

Latest posts