What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought some days ago a Yezl S7 Stainless Steel CREE XP-G R5 3-Mode 1xAAA and a Spark SD5 NW, I buy the AAA light because I think that I need a small light with my keys, and the Spark because I love flood lights, this is one had a max of 500 lumens...

Wrecked

Enlightened
Just bought an HDS Executive 120 from Thor because I "needed" an HDS light for my collection. I can't believe I'm actually calling it a collection now......

mrlysle

Enlightened
Pulled the trigger on a LensLight Mini. Wanted one for a long time, and really wanted the Ti version, but since it was so much, I decided to get the aluminum version to see if I like them first. If it's as nice as I think it will be, I'll save my pennies and get that Mini Ti! I think they are really nice lights and seem to be well built. Can't wait till it gets here. Supposed to be this week!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Still looking for the narrowest beamed AAA light...

Honestly . . . That would be the M@glite Solitare with the head twisted for the narrowest beam. It's not LED. But it does meet the other requirements.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
For me it's the HDS Rotary Tactical. I bought it because of all the recommendation of it on these forums and to compare it to my current favorite brand of Surefire. I also wanted a light I could use for a long distance runner for CR123A's when the power goes out.

Rommul

Enlightened
Fenix LD40.

I am starting to standardise my lights around rechatgeable AA cells.

I love this light it is a perfect combination between brightness and practicality. I think 4AA is the perfect cell config. The batteries are easily sourced and the runtime is awesome because of the bucking nature of the driver.

Tenebrae

Newly Enlightened
I went with the JetBeam RRT-21. LOTS of reasons why.

First off, I wanted the lumen output an XM-L provides. Also wanted versatility. The RRT-21 provides that in spades in the form of the almost infinitely adjustable ring control.

A beam that features a lot of spill was also important and finally I wanted relative consistency from the corona outwards. Again, this flashlight delivered the goods.

Very pleased with the purchase.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an Olight SR51. I like the 2 X 18650 format and the side switch. The UI is easy, but I'd like a lower low. Not a problem, just a wish.

Ishango

Enlightened
I ordered yet another Fenix light a few days ago. This time it's the E11. I like compact single AA lights and I like the lights Fenix has on the market. I was intested in this budget series light and after reading some reviews I decided to go for yet another Fenix light.

kwk1

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a TK-21 for a gift to my brother-in-law. If it's good, I think I'll get one for myself too.

Jekyll & Hyde

Newly Enlightened
Gave iNova X1 another chance.

J: An iNova X1 (single AA).

H: I had an older model X1, but it was useless.

J: The new one is rated at 55 lumens, and is much brighter (pretty useful indoors actually).

H: And it was only 5 bucks at T@rget.

J&H

Last edited:

Gravediggaz

Newly Enlightened
Re: Gave iNova X1 another chance.

just got the ITP A3 R5....great keychain flashlight

also got sunwayman M10R.....one of my favorites!

also on the way I have fenix tk35 and quark 123x2 turbo x

can't wait!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: Gave iNova X1 another chance.

A used Peak Eiger (Rebel emitter).

Stainless Steel with checkering, single-AAA body, keychain post.

Level 4. Narrow beam w/ reflector. About four hours of runtime. 13 lumens on one alkie. Able to take a variety of different chemistries in the AAA format. Tough as nails. Since it's S.S., it'll look good as new in a few years of constant carry next to my keys.

Been in the market for both an N-cell, as well as a single-AAA cell Peak light with keychain attachment. When this particular Peak came up, it was a good deal; so I grabbed it. Output is not as impressive as my iTP A3 EOS on high-mode. But for keychain duty, I think I'd prefer a more durable light. (iTP A3 EOS' only weakness.)

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been one of the many that are still waiting for the EO1 Killer (or the AA version of the EO1) from 4Sevens. Once I saw that Nitecore came out with a light similar to the awesome EO1. I had to have it.

But 4Sevens... if you are reading this... we are stil waiting... ;)

The Gerber Infinity Ultra is an AA light pretty simular to the E01.

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
Just got the SC600 and I am really glad i did

Why: because of the reviews and the thread on it . I have been waiting on a small 18650 light for a while now. Its my go to light right now. Been EDC'ing it for 2 days and really loving this light.