What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Ishango

Enlightened
I just ordered a 47's Preon 2, Satin Titanium "Black Edition" (R5), because I like the titanium look and have been looking into the Preon 2 several times, because I love my Preon 1. I haven't got any pen sized lights yet and this should fit well in my suit jacket during work hours, where I cannot carry another light, because most of them are bulgy.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I just got my V10R T6 yesterday. Ordered on 11/17, from Hong Kong to NY then to Fort Lauderdale, FL in 9 days. :)
I have to work at night sometimes and the UI is much easier to use with the V10R than my work EDC EX11.2, not that I don't like the EX, I like it fine but when I turn the V10R on or off, it's on or off, unlike the EX where it's a guessing game and for my use, the T6 has a more usefull floody light compared to the R5.
This new light will serve me well as my new work EDC. So the EX goes into the 2500 ash tray with a fresh Panasonic CR 123. :thumbsup:
:shakehead Geesh, which light next?

b1gbleu

Newly Enlightened
I last actual 3 I bought were Fenix E21's. One for me, my son loved it so I got him 1, then I lost mine so I got another

Xacto

Enlightened
I finally gave in and bought my first Surefire X-Series light - a G2X Tactical in black. It will become the resident light in my Hazard4 Tonto. It was on sale for 54 Euro, so I gave it a try after retesting the light output with the Z2X I accidentially got from the same store (and got to keep it for a good price). Honestly I would have prefered either a G2L with a P60L or the KX4 head, but the latter retails for around 80 Euro, so I made the choice I made. I have a G2L with a P60L (I got cheap) already as a resident light in my Maxpedition Larkspur and just wanted another light for the Tonto. The resident lights are kept in the bags in case I manage to forget my EDC light (a rotation of different 6P lights). Although I prefer the 6P/Z2 line of lights, I decided for the Nitrolon versions for two reasons - weight and less abrasive to the nylon used in the bags they are intended to live in.

IMG_8980.jpg

Cheers
Thorsten

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
Well I just got a sunwayman V10r because it was on black Friday special, and I have wanted one for a few months

siginu

Newly Enlightened
Don't have it yet, but picked up a Fenix TK20 in the marketplace. I'm one of the inflicted masses here on CPF being converted to neutral and warm tinted lights. I think of the TK20 as one of the first production runs with us in mind, so I just decided I needed to have one for "posterity".

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Blue Maglite 2D LED from Lowe's about 45 min ago. It was still on Black Friday special plus I had a 10% coupon. So it was $13.47. Not too shabby. I got it to complement my 2D LED Dark Gray and Black Maglites; so now I have a trilogy of them.

HB021

Newly Enlightened
20x XML T6 Ultrafire 502B(1x18650) flashlights for guys at work hehe, a solarforce L2 XML U2(2x18650) for me and 16x XML T6 for my car! Man I'm addicted to LED!! ;-)
024077cc-c0ff-31e9.jpg

Last edited:

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
A local dollar store had a wicker tabletop basket full of various LED flashlights for $1 each.
I snagged these 4 Colemans...they are the "what"...the "why" is because they were a buck each!!!
Handles taped for cold weather use, but they are Colemans.

And also...I have been back from Lowe's for 10 minutes, where I treated myself to a new 3 D cell LED Mag-lite.

I have not found where here I can rave about it, but the throw from this thing is absolutely amazing. The "why" for this one because I won some cash on the Jets game today.

colemans.jpg

litimag

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore TM11 Tiny Monster for me, reason? I am on a buying spree atm, and this thing is beautiful. Solid, hardened and super bright :)

A bit expensive here in the UK, but heyho. Oh, and it feels sooo good in-hand, nice and heavy with a quality UI clicky thing.

Ishango

Enlightened
I've been pretty busy today. After buying my Preon 2 earlier (see my earlier post of today) I just ordered the Quark 123 R5, because of the good offer from 47's. I have an S2 edition of the QMini 123 and wanted another Quark to add to my collection. After seeing the offer I read about the differences between the QMini 123 and the Quark 123 R5 and after reading the advice of my fellow CPF'ers desided to go for the latter. I'm very curious as to what this light will be like.

rockhong01

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase Led torch is my EDC now, HDS SYSTEMS Rotary.
I'm very sure it's won't be my last one but it's really enjoyable to feel its toughness on my palm. I now carried it everyday and found its weakest light is really useful on many occasions, such as using it to read a book on my car while waiting for my wife on her way of shopping...

edpmis02

Enlightened
Ordered but not delivered..

Olight M20-S (R5) for $49.. to replace my Ray-o-Vac "3 watt" light that I keep in my jacket or belt when I go out during the winter..
Zebralight SC600W to look at and play with.. at home.. My new shelf queen.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last purchase Led torch is my EDC now, HDS SYSTEMS Rotary.
I'm very sure it's won't be my last one but it's really enjoyable to feel its toughness on my palm. I now carried it everyday and found its weakest light is really useful on many occasions, such as using it to read a book on my car while waiting for my wife on her way of shopping...
Excellent choice, the rotary is my EDC as well. Welcome to CPF!

retiredguns

Newly Enlightened
Lumapower Incendio V3U - natural. Besides my Surefire on the AR15 I did not own a decent EDC light and the cheesy Maglite AA LED conversion wasn't cutting it anymore. I needed something small, light and the 1 battery solution seemed nice. Now I sit and wait for delivery...

HIDblue

Enlightened
A Zebralight H600, Jetbeam RRT-0 XM-L and a Preon 2 Satin Titanium Black Edition. I don't really need any of these, but I couldn't pass up the Black Friday deals.

Lopezepol75

Newly Enlightened
i just bought two blue preon ones. why? cause they were twenty five bucks!!!! even though i wasnt planning on making any black friday purchases i just couldnt resist.....

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark high CRI Mini AA. It's my first high CRI light and my first 4Sevens light. Tint is nice, but light skip modes like crazy. Still I like it.

HooNz

Enlightened
A cheap thrower , it even has regulation?, but i have not tested anything out as yet (only got it today) , 2.05 amp at the tail cap with the 2 D cells supplied .
What a throw it should be tonight, a bit bluish with the XR-E which i think it is in it , but at a distance of 5m the spot is just on 200mm wide , "round" and centered with low spill and of course a few feint rings , it is daylight still here .
But what a modder to be , and at 35 batterys worth (dollar each) how can go wrong? .
It's a Lion brand , on special at the moment at a local hardware ...

I dismantled it to check it out as i really thought it was going to be direct drive of sorts , what a suprise .
The spring is in the wrong spot in pic.. and just a simple On and Off switch , clear plastic lens and inner chromed reflector ...
Cheers....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: