What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

El Camino

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Solarforce L2P with tail-standing forward-click switch, and a single-mode 350lumen XP-G drop in. I also got another forward-click tailcap that is more comfortable. I like having the option. It's very bright and had a clean flood with a good hotspot. I have a couple of Surefire CR123's powering it, but I have a bunch of 18650 cells that came from some laptop battery packs that I might try. I got this because I wanted a light that I could upgrade and customize. This is my first CR123 type light, and thus far I'm very pleased with it.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an Egaletac D25A in case my Tank OO7 Cree light quits. It is getting intermittent. And I bought a Streamlight weapon light/laser. It is the first weapon light I have purchased.

akhyar

Enlightened
Hi guys,

My first post here though I have been lurking around since 2005/6.
Just bought a Sunwayman M11R as my EDC light.
This is the first 1 cell CR123 that I own coz previously I tend to collect 2x CR123 or 1x 18650 flash light.
Need something smaller and the choice was either this or Quantum DD.
Finally settled on M11R as easily operated single-handedly.

ccleveland

Newly Enlightened
I've always owned exactly the same number of flashlights: one fewer than I need. In order to keep the universe in balance, I bought a Surefire Aviator A2 LED with blue secondary LED's. I wouldn't have bought blue, but I'm a tinkerer and the price was right. I'm now working on getting the head open to replace those LED's. Will post pics if I'm successful.

Tete

Newly Enlightened
I had decided not to get new lights for a while, but I just had to get the Sunwayman Mirage...:mecry:
There is just something about it that I like... I already have the regular V11R, so at least there is the U3 emitter besides the limited run...
So, this will be my second limited edition light... and now I will put getting new ones on hold...
...although I'd like to get one with the XML2-emitter...:help:

bwm

Newly Enlightened
An L3 Illumination L10 with Nichia 219. It has a Nichia emitter, most of my other lights look blue now to me since I got my first Nichia light. it is a very small AA form factor light I can comfortably fit in my Jeans watch pocket. It starts on low and has a sub 1 lumen output for the 4-mode version. And lastly, it was only $25 - right now we don't have much in disposable funds so that was a factor too.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
Preon P0 for the keychain, bec it's tiny and only $20.

Fenix e01, bec high runtime and cheap, to use as bedside light.

Lights on my wishlist?
Klarus MiX5
Quantum DD or D2
MBI HF and Torpedo
Peak Eiger 10180/10280
(All of the above)

and 1x18650 either:
ET D25LC2
Zebra SC600 MKII, or
Fenix PD32 UE
But I am going to wait for XM-L2 updates on these.

I've learned a lot in a month... Thanks undiagnosed ocd

Last edited:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Mailman just delivered two Olight i3s, one for me, one for my GF. Theyre awesome and tiny. Seem very well made. Twisty head Med, Hi, Low in that sequence. Very high quality easily removable keychain and a real handy reversable pocket clip, perfect for attaching to a baseball style hat bill.
Really nice little KC lights. I can see this will be more useful than it appears.
Girlfriend loves the red anodized one with the chrome chain and clip.
I got the black one, but I have to admit the red one is prettier by far.
Slick presentation packaging with a Duracell AAA, 2 spare o-rings in a nice branded plastic spring-loaded lid box.
Great gift light but make sure you buy one for yourself too.
I'm impressed. The Hi is quite bright, and the first-on Medim mode is a nice feature.
Strobe mode is there for a toy after running through 2 complete cycles within three seconds which takes some deliberate doing. You wont activate the strobe unintentionally for sure. Easy 1 hand operation. Threads are silky smooth and appear to be pre-lubed.
XPG2 emitter on this makes it a hell of a nice mini/KC powerhouse. Tint appears to be a nice, semi-neutral creamy white.
Lens appears to be a nice optical-grade glass using the tooth-tap test.
Can tailstand even with the keychain attached.

I do not feel cheated at $24 skins.

AA EneloopXX and 4 cell PowerPax AA holder shown for size ref.

Yes, I'm catching the disease you all have.

I give the i3s two thumbs up. :thumbup::thumbup:

jyjujyjy.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight Night Master V2 Ez900
Will be ordering the XSearcher in the next week or 2 as well

david57strat

Enlightened
My most recent two light purchases were:

this Thrunite TN30 - a beast of a light. I love it!

and...

this Olight S35 Baton (pictured next to the TN30)

I picked both of these up on CPF Marketplace, for a very reasonable price. Both, very nice lights.

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
TN31 can be added as well. Might as well build a throwing arsenal since I have no floods lights yet. Might need to get a TN30 next to fix that problem :thumbsup:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
ArmyTec Predator Pro v2.5 XP-G2 (cool white) to see if I can get a bit more distance (which I'm sure it will) then my XP-G2 Surefire Fury. Which will be handy for checking gates if me and Anonymous Jr. are back on a large site similar to the one we just left!

This extry distance should save us some on fuel costs. However, the BIG catch with the light is. I'm hoping the holster will work well while driving in the Jeep (ArmyTek didn't have a smooth bezel available for the Predator, and the aggressive bezel makes it a no go in regards to carrying it in a jacket pocket. So if it don't work, and I can't find a solid / stiff holster, I may be back to the drawing board again). Using the Fury with a G-5 4/7's holster is great, makes it easy to pull out, and holster the Fury. Doesn't bind or get in the way with the dang seat belt buckle!

The M3X in the Jeep dose well only when there isn't any impurities in the air. However the XM-L's wide beam profile is great for general purpose use, is why I keep it in the Jeep.

Last edited:

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I scored a new Petzl Tikka plus 2 with the Core battery pack for 29,95 EUR.I have been using it for extra light when tiling the floor of my sauna because there is very dim fixed lighting :)