What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
i got a solarforce L2T to use as a host! its a good thing we can update these older lights with the new LED tec. last month i got a fenix PD-35 vary good torch.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
The last flashlight I purchased was the Nitecore EC4. The reason I bought it was because..................

(1) Nitecore is a respectable company with an excellent track record.

(2) The EC4 was rated as a high quality light with many modes.

(3) I required at least 1000 lumens, the EC4 has it in turbo.

(4) I wanted a light that used a popular battery platform that was compatible with other lights.

(5) I wanted a light that was less then 100 dollars.

(6) Because the Ultrafire wasn't doing it for me.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix FD40 to replace an old aspheric noname light which, with its declared 1800lm (oh, yes :)), happened to be nearly twice dimmer than TN12. And because it is way cheaper than LED Lensers using the same or even better technology.

Last edited:

Wolf359

Enlightened
Sunwayman V20C and a eagtac p200lc2 both used but in mint condition, they where cheap and i thought why not :)

Just hope the missus does not find out :whistle:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
A SkyRay King 7 x XML. Only $19 shipped. Wanted to try out the "shorty/fatty" or "soda-can" form-factor w/out spending too much money; see if I like it before I invest more $ in a Tiny Monster, EagleTac, JetBeam, etc...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another Mag Lite.
This one was the ML25LT, which is a downsized 2C light is reportedly only slightly longer than a aa mini mag, doubles as a table lamp, gives plenty of runtime on a pair of alkaleaks and in my minds eye evokes an updated version of many long since gone lights of my youth.
Should arrive in a few days.

They also have an IT version for the incan crowd.

jdboy

Enlightened
Last light purchased: NiteCore TM16GT
Why: At the "Group Buy" price it couldn't be passed up!

napkun

Newly Enlightened
Recently purchased an Olight s30r II to replace my Nitecore MH12. Decided to keep the MH12 in my car and use it for work while the s30r will be kept around the house and also as an EDC

The Hawk

Enlightened
Just bought a Fenix EO5. Based on the reviews here, it sounded like a good EDC light. Plus I like the fact that it runs on 1 AAA battery.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered an Olight S2 Baton from GoingGear.

Because I have been procrastinating in getting a compact single 18650 light, and I finally got around to it.

I was going to order the Nitecore MH20, but GG had 0 quantity on hand.

fyrstormer

Banned
Most recently, a Jetbeam RRT-0 XM-L, because it was the last one with an orange peel reflector that I could find in all the land.

Before that, an Oveready-modded Surefire E2E Triple 219.

Before that, a Tain Ottavino Ti and a couple spares.

Before that, it's been too long to remember.

Pegaso

Newly Enlightened
Bought an Olight S10R about a week or two ago. Wanted a new edc with a little more output. Previous edc is a noname that's been dangling on my car keys, and it broke some time ago.

POB10

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK09 (2016) XP-L HI with remote switch. Simple and perfect. Great throw for its size.

fsrkewd

Newly Enlightened
bought my first flashlight mh20 couple months ago. I was looking for something compact, and with usb port since i don't own any battery charger. I am satisfied with its performance

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
Bought both the Sky Lumen 2 and the TN36UTvn a month or so ago, after I found out here on CPF there were such things as modified/custom flashlights.

I just wanted max lumens in compact easy to carry form, so the SL2 became my new EDC light, while the TN36UTvn became an additional light for night use.

Last edited: