What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That's a great idea.
When I work at night my report is due by 10am. At 7am my butt is thinking of sleep, not some stupid report. So I do them before leaving work. Headlamp does ok but shadows are an issue.
Those COB lights seem to be able to light around corners so we'll see.

Thing is I type better without looking at the keys... yet not see-ing them at 3am causes a sense of needing to see them for whatever reason.

I just bought a Maglite ML50LX matte black 3 cell.

Having been around the the block since joining here, I find that for me, the size, weight, and all around form factor of the C sized 3 cell light just cannot be beat. Yeah, I wish Maglite used a Nichia 219b LED in it, and no, it cannot diappear in my dress pants front pocket, but it's bright, uses easily found batteries that don't require special chargers, and - Flying Spaghetti Monster forbid - it can easily be used as a defensive weapon if need be.

Plus, I like the newer grip Maglite is using on these lights. :)

Good score!!

marcalbar

Newly Enlightened
ReyLight Brass Pineapple
Lumintop IYP365
Zebralight SC600w Mk3 HI

For some added variation in my light rotation.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think so. I found it on Amazon as a warehouse deal and got it for $31 shipped. "Used - Like new in original packaging, blah, blah, blah." We'll see. Besides, perception is reality and if you feel like you got a good deal...

I've bought several "warehouse deals" and found them to be just fine. Conditions vary and are usually well described if it isn't mint.

My last G2x Pro came in a ziplock bag with batteries inside the light. But it was in perfect condition. One light I ordered was scuffed but they had stated that in the description. (I was buying that one as a parts light anyway)

ven

Flashaholic
3 Lumintop TOOL's, 2x ti and a cu flavour , all housing the very nice 219bt. The 1st ti( still await the other) has been on work key duty , other than a couple of accidental activation's, its been great. Like the start in M for this application as low was worse than useless(heck 20lm is not enough, think artificial light and looking in machinery).

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Convoy L6; my wife wanted something bigger than a SC62w as a night stand light to wack an intruder when I'm not home. And I wanted to try a 26650 light out.

Steve

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a couple.

One Nextorch Dr. ... whatever. That little medical penlight with the Hi CRI led. For my wife, she's a nurse.

Got myself a Klarus XT2C. Wanted an XT1C, but Klarus went all stupid with the electronic switch and ditched the forward clicky on that one. Dumb. I have an XT1A which does about 500 lumens on a 14500. So I figure the XT2C with the same UI and 1000 lumens on an 18650...well more power..arrrghhh. :) (Tim Talyor voice-over, please.)

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting on a new Maglite. Running on 2×26650 pulling 21 amps. Triple xhp50.02 with a triple reflector. 10000 lumens. I believe it's a first of its kind. Will be here next week and I will posts pics with beamshots.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "used" ML50XL finally arrived today from Amazon...

90AE9284-678C-4655-B46F-F13F4A038C8A.jpg

A3D18389-0108-4ADD-B009-375EB654BEB8.jpg

I am more than happy with the light and the packaging in which it arrived.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A lightknot custom XM-L Ven. I don't know the history but it seems as though it is a prototype of an either small run or one he didn't end up doing.
He did 6 XPL's for the Pentagon x3 a couple of months ago as well.

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Two just now:

1. Gerber Cortex. Even though it runs on either 2 x AAs or 3 x CR123As, I want to try 2 x 14500s. It'll be my first Gerber, made in USA, and the form-factor looks nice.

2. Crelant 7G3CS warm tint. Form factor looks nice and tailstand-able. Plus I have too many Orbtronic 18650s laying around.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes vad, looks to share the same shell and plastic ring polarity protection......................that i have been known to snip off for flat top happiness:sssh:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This one doesn't fit in a SureFire. It has a wider shoulder than their P60 drop in. Perfect for Pelicans and not bad in a Pentagon, yet the gap did not allow heat sync quite as good as a Pelican without wrapping it. And it heats up quickly.

Also made Rayovacs and Battery Stations heat up quick. SureFire cells run way cooler.

Last edited:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Got one of the new Surefire Aviators and love it so much that I'm EDCing it and I just got a second one to put in the flight bag or Bug Out Bag!