What was your first digital camera?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started late... I wanted to wait for the prices to fall and the quality to improve. I eventually bought a canon A610 which was a great camera. I gave it to my brother and upgraded to the canon A620. Now I want something that is pocketable.

bigfoot

Enlightened
My first was a Olympus D-360L at 1.3mp. Pretty basic, but it took nice photographs. I think this was back in early 2001.

Since moved on to Nikon Coolpix 5600. Then Nikon D50 SLR. Then sold my old 35mm Nikon body as used.

I'm still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles on my D50, and Nikon has released 2-3 new digital SLRs in the meantime!

Ohhhh nooooo where does it end??! :laughing:

Vbeez

Enlightened
Started with Canon S 20
A year ago Lumix TZ 1
Just now Coolpix 5000 (yes, a 4yr old camera) good macro at good price
Near future Canon DSLR.......

BF Hammer

Enlightened
chevrofreak said:
This

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005B13M/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I paid $80 for it at Walmart. The pictures were absolutely terrible and almost never focussed right. It did somewhat decently outdoors, though, due to the vastly higher light levels.

That crappy Polarioid Flash was my first digicam also. All internal memory with no external expansion, 640x480 maximum resolution, and serial cable to transfer pics via a TWAIN driver that was never updated to windows 2000 or XP. That was the one and only time in my life I shopped the day after Thanksgiving for a deal. I only used it as a carry-around camera for quick snapshots. Kind of how people use camera-phones these days.

I researched some and bought a Nikon Coolpix 995 after that, which I still have and use regularly. It became the replacement for my 35mm Minolta XD-11. A couple of years later I bought a Nikon Coolpix 2200 as a compact carrry-around snapshot taker. I use both cameras, the 2200 being the one that travels most places with me, and the 995 when I know I will be doing some more serious photography. I might replace the 995 in a couple of years with a DSLR, likely whatever high-rated Nikon or Canon model is out there then.

Last edited:

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
A few years ago a Sony 3.1 Mp (DSC P32) and now a Fuji S5600 with 5,1MP

316919.jpg

316920.jpg