What watch you're wearing?

Yes but of course 😂
View attachment 58962
This one. Was my work watch for many years. I was only wearing it when i was going to abuse anything that would be on my wrist. For some reason i've started wearing this watch 90% of the time?
There're 2 kinds of "beaters. " The kind that can take a beating and the kind that you don't care if they can or not! That's one tough beater.

Buff

Enlightened
It's a shame i beat it up unintentionally of course.
I had this and lost my G-Shock so just started wearing it. The crystal has taken some serious impact retaining some nice scratches but i love it even so.

weklund

Enlightened
Trusty Marathon

1000073622.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There're 2 kinds of "beaters. " The kind that can take a beating and the kind that you don't care if they can or not! That's one tough beater.
IMG_3238.jpeg

The Seiko kinetic is a toughy.
It went through day after day of rough treatment for a few years until....
IMG_3239.jpeg

The Citizen eco drive was volun-told to take over.

IIRC the Kinetic produced electricity via a mini "generator" which used an iron bead sliding over copper wire on a tiny shaft when you moved your hand. Sort of the ancestor to the current "spring drive." (Sort of.) I suspect that the Eco is more efficient, but I love the innovation of Seiko. They even grow their own crystals for their quartz movements.

Hamilton, being known as the "movie watch company," has probably been unknowingly seen by millions who think Daniel Wellington is a great watch. For no reason at all I'm wearing the "Men In Black II" Ventura Chrono. It would go perfectly with my black suit (if I ever wore a suit.)

20240312_190412.jpg

Now! If I can have everyone's attention, please! What you just saw was swamp gas reflecting off the planet Venus! Now just look into this little spot right here and have a wonderful day!

20240312_190448.jpg

Yeah, you either get it, or you don't!:ROFLMAO:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The world's first electric watch.
That watch became famous when Elvis Pressley wore one.

They did one for Dune as well.
Both articles borrowed from bloomin cookie over at watch forum dot com.

IMG_3942.jpeg

The old Elgin automatic is back on my wrist today.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having a difficult time getting a decent image, so scratched. The Caravelle Bulova I installed on a dog collar many years ago. Thinking I was a teenager when these were purchased? Coming on 50 years for the Seiko?

IMG_3218.jpegIMG_3225.jpegIMG_3228.jpegIMG_3224.jpeg

Any info from the experts here is appreciated. Total understanding if nothing of note. These had to be the lower echelon.

Having a difficult time getting a decent image, so scratched. The Caravelle Bulova I installed on a dog collar many years ago. Thinking I was a teenager when these were purchased? Coming on 50 years for the Seiko?

View attachment 59075View attachment 59076View attachment 59077View attachment 59078

Any info from the experts here is appreciated. Total understanding if nothing of note. These had to be the lower echelon.
Those pre-date my hands-on experience, I must confess. (My being but a wee lad of 56.) Is that a trick of the camera or is there a sunburst dial on that Seiko?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Seiko is a Lord Matic. Nice watch. Automatic, right? Shake it to wind it type.
I had one as a teen.

Can't see the Bulova well enough to get an idea which model it is.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Those Caravelles tend to be bizarrely durable for such an inexpensive line of watches.

Not sure what a sunburst dial is, but it is nice?
Sunburst is like the green watch in post 2490 where it looks like fine lines radiating from the center of the dial. It produces a very nice effect when bright light hits it.

Edit: And with just the click of a mouse button, I've been promoted to "Enlightened." Strange, I don't feel any different.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For you, anytime my brutha from anotha mutha.

I bought it because it looked like the LM Kitro showed. I still hope to find another one someday.

An old Gruen automatic arrived today
IMG_3974.jpeg

Post '58 Precision model but seems to be early 60's after the Gruen family sold the busines in '58.
580 SS (sweeping second hand). I've yet to find details about that Swiss movement.

IMG_3975.jpeg

Stock Speidel stretch band almost looks custom.

Keeps time spot on.

Last edited: