What watch you're wearing?

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically I'm looking for something that looks a little more "vintage" for my work watch. I use the stop watch all the time on my Gshock, so I'm looking for a durable chronograph watch. It could be quartz, but analog and has to be able to measure 12 hours on the chronograph.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I sort of like the looks of the SSC669 around that price point.

No multi-hour totalizer, though, I guess ?
_ _ _ _ _

I have an "Arnie" reissue, but that's overbudget. I think I have a photo of the latter, and will post it in a moment ....

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Aftermarket strap on mine, as pictured ...

eQ156Cb.jpg

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically I'm looking for something that looks a little more "vintage" for my work watch. I use the stop watch all the time on my Gshock, so I'm looking for a durable chronograph watch. It could be quartz, but analog and has to be able to measure 12 hours on the chronograph.
Have a look at Zeppelin watches. Here are my two Zeppelin chronos. The whole line has that vintage feel. Really nice, well built watches. Many are quartz and some mechanicals. They will fit into your budget. Good value for the money, IMO.
dd6fa9cf2c9ea11a49a2611864354d43.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I just love Seiko watches and that Arnie might be speaking to me! Is the chronograph/stopwatch function the first function with those buttons on the left?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Wow, I just love Seiko watches and that Arnie might be speaking to me! Is the chronograph/stopwatch function the first function with those buttons on the left?

I'm trying to remember (since I don't use a chrono complication all that often) but I think you can set any mode for the "top" (active) display.

For me, I usually leave that set to either 24hr or UTC, instead of the chrono.

It is a nice fun watch, one that I wanted for literally decades, and was ridiculously hard-to-find and pricey until this reissue returned.

Here's another photo, this time with the stock band ....

Aquu8Te.jpg

There are a few different colorways available on this reissue, by the way.

EDIT - Looks like black / khaki / OD / "pepsi" are the currently available variants. I think there was a "gold-accented" limited edition available only through Seiko direct upon launch, but I don't see that one any longer.

Cheers !

Last edited:

deKatt

Newly Enlightened
Seiko titanium chronograph, SNA139 (not this one). Very utilitarian, and never pampered.
SNA139.jpg

Last edited:

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Had ye old Helson GMT on today. First day wearing it. Definitely a keeper. Hope everyone had and has a good day!!
5678207777d73cb2c79523d7501ea1e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Thank you very much! Got her october 19th but had to leave out for work. Just now had the opportunity to wear it around yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice guys, congrats John , thats a nice piece. Love the lume

deKatt, got to love some ti , nice seiko.

Started 9300
fxVVvvKl.jpg

For now 5600
Xddgf9kl.jpg