• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What's new on the McGizmo horizon?

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
There are plenty of women who feel uncomfortable using "men's tools" unless they are pink, that's for sure. Case in point: how do you know if a razor is for a man or a woman? The woman's razor is pink. Kind of like how there are plenty of men who feel uncomfortable hugging each other, even with just one arm, unless they're slapping each other hard on the back. I guess it all depends on how much you define yourself by the things you own.

My mom likes my Gizmos because they remind her of the metal machining her father used to do, back in "The Olde Country".

Each to their own, a woman can certainly use and carry mens tools etc. I'd hug a friend I haven't seen in a long time, but I won't carry a pink light! That said, reason for my idea is that I haven't seen many custom flashlight builders make anything girly/woman dedicated in the "usual" fashion.

Girl colors, etc. First guy to cover a Ti light in diamonds will get a sale from Russia once the light is found. I'd go for swarovsky crystals instead. :p Gave my gf a pen like that once you would believe the squeal I got from her. Girls love glitter. :)

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
The women in my life seem to prefer the Sapphire. With the exception of my girlfriend who prefers a SF A2 and M4. Gotta love her. :thumbsup:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want Don to keep doing what he's doing. It's fun and the lights are no BS. I never though I could afford a McGizmo and sometimes wondered why anyone would spend so much. I also never thought I'd actually carry one if I did buy. It's probably been a year now that I got my Haiku and it has not left my pocket since. Not one single day! Your approach is refreshing and interesting Don. Keep doing what you do for a long time is all I ask because IMO no other flashlight maker compares.

fyrstormer

Banned
My personal favorite right now is the Sapphire 25. Regulated output, an indestructible titanium case, and a user-serviceable pill make it the best keychain nightlight ever.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
What I would love to see is a Lunasol 20/27 PD hybridized with a Sunawayman control ring. You use the PD to switch between the two modes, beam or flood and the control ring to adjust the brightness of each. The PD could also be swapped with a clicky for those who prefer it.

:popcorn:

fyrstormer

Banned
Interesting idea. With the PD switch, you'd have to be good at pre-setting the control ring, because you wouldn't be able to adjust it one-handed while applying continuous pressure to the switch. With the Clicky switch, you'd have two things to rotate -- the ring for brightness and the rest of the head for mode-selection, and I could see that getting confusing in the dark.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
It's probably been a year now that I got my Haiku and it has not left my pocket since. Not one single day!

It's nary been a week and mine's been at my side and usually in my hand while I'm idling. There's just something about the feel. Maybe it's the slab of Ti or how solid it feels or perhaps it's because it was a few hundred bucks... but I do know my 10 month old has chosen the Haiku 5/5 times when presented with the TCR1, V10R Ti and the Haiku to play with heh.

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
^^ The new McGizmo for kids, 0.2 tp 1 lumen in "child safety mode" :)

Take the batteries out, don't want a kid looking into a bright beam accidentally!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
BTW, I keep hearing that Don has discontinued the Makai heads. but i see in the postings as "out of stock". Big difference there. So which is correct?

I was uncertain whether I should commit to carrying inventory of another run of the Makai heads because they are expensive parts and based on the previous run, pretty slow to sell through. However I have ordered another run of them and they will become available again once the machined heads are back on hand.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was uncertain whether I should commit to carrying inventory of another run of the Makai heads because they are expensive parts and based on the previous run, pretty slow to sell through. However I have ordered another run of them and they will become available again once the machined heads are back on hand.

:eek:

Latest posts