Whats the best edc for $100 or less?

knifenut

Newly Enlightened
Wow guys!! Alot here to digest! Thanks for all the welcome's. Looks like a lot a great folks here! Thanks and feel free to PM me with any info. :D

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Two is one and One is none.

And I leave the house with at least Three lights on me.

Based on what I know about Fenix... my P1 and LOP SE tell me they are pretty darn good lights!

Based on what I've seen from some cheap DealExtreme lights I should think a Fenix L1D CE would be about as good as it gets!

wali

Newly Enlightened
Greetings ALL!!!
I just ordered a Fenix P1D CE Q5. Thanks for the suggestions and the link and discount info Powernoodle! I got it from the Fenix Store.
Thanks Guys,
Bryan aka Wali

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
easiest to carry in pocket
LODQ4
on steroids
(10440=steriods :naughty:)

But if you want primary batteries (non rechargable) then +1 for P1D-CEQ5

Crenshaw

marc123

Newly Enlightened
Hey Crenshaw,
the P1D-CEQ5 will still run on R123's wont it? You just loose everything but high right?

tkoden

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased the L1D Q5 and its amazing. For around $50 buy two that way you can always have one in your car and one on you. I personally think I that the CR123 batteries are a PITA. I love being able to buy batteries at any gas station or store if I ever run out.

cal..45

Enlightened
for me the fenix P2D is the best EDC. I don't like the UI of the P1D and the P3D is to long for my taste. but I would highly recommend the P2D/L1D combo pack, so you have always the choice between a CR123 and AA light (which might come in handy) and the L1D - while longer than the P2D - is still small enough for comfortable every day carry IMO.

regards, holger

Last edited:

Wicho

Enlightened
P2D (Q5, of course!) or 120P if wearing khakis or jeans.

P1D (Q5) if wearing slacks.

Now, if only Surefire were to come out with a single cell version of the A2...and no, I don't mean an L1!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

In order of preference:
Novatac 85P lighthound.com
Nitecore Defender Infinity tadgear.com
Olight T10 Q5 batteryjunction.com
Fenix P2D Q5 fenix-store.com

Note some of our favorite CPF dealers give discounts for CPF members - there's a list around here that is a 'Sticky' maintained by GreenLED I believe.

Last edited:

Mike89

Enlightened
This question has so many answers, depending on what you want in a light. The P1D CE is small and powerful. But, it's a twisty, first twist, second brightest, then twist again to get brightest (and three other modes on top of that). Of all my lights, the P1D CE was the one I liked the least. I ended up giving it away. When I turn a flightlight on, I want the brightest first, I don't want to have to twist twice each time. It just wasn't that functional of a light for me (I just don't like twisties). Others will have other views and neither really mean much. It comes down to what you want, not what others tell you is the best. What's best for some won't be for others. Personally my favorite light is my T1. Some may say it's too big for an edc light. Well I don't carry flashlights everyday in my pocket or key chain anyway and if I want to carry a light, the T1 is very manageable in size (for me). About the only time I would use a different light is if I was working on something really up close (like the inside of my computer where I wouldn't need such brightness), then I would pull out my little L2T (using the single battery tube). Outside, it's T1 all the way and none of my other lights can better it.

If this is your first light and you are already on this forum, be prepared for the flashlight bite dude.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Crenshaw,
the P1D-CEQ5 will still run on R123's wont it? You just loose everything but high right?
Im not sure, i dont actually have rechargables yet, getting some with my LOD next month...

you could get 3.0 unprotected rechargables....but i think the P1d is efficent enough you dont really need to spend huge amounts on primaries..

Crenshaw

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of the 4 EDC size lights I have

P1DCE
Orb Raw NS
L0DCE
Nitecore

I have the Raw NS on my keychain because it is so small and looks beautiful! Two stage gives good run-times. The only possible problem I see with it is that once the juice runs on that tiny battery. I have NO possible way of getting a spare locally.

I previously had a P1DCE which was still pocketable and durable. Looked brand new after months of pocket carry. CR123 are relatively easy to find.
The LODCE I gave to my gf because she said OMG its so cute! I don't think she knows it has more than 1 mode :)

Nitecore is just too big to put on my keychain and if it won't fit there I won't be carrying it in my pocket. Performance wise, it kills the rest of the lights.

Because all I want to fit in my jeans (I wear more fitted jeans) are my cellphone, wallet, and keychain. I would like to add a mini multitool but none I've found are small enough to justify me carrying it around.

My search continues for the perfect EDC (basically a CR123 Ti/Nickel Silver/Aluminum Titan)

Last edited:

resistance1

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore defender infinity, by far one of the brightest and whitests lights on the list.
Has an incredbile throw for the size, with the OP reflector.
Runs on 1AA battery, and if you throw a 14500 lithium in there, man watch out. (thats what i use, and its great)