What's the biggest and baddest LED flashlight that you have?

Up All Night

Enlightened
Yes. Not sure when I'll get the chance to upload them. I can use the DSLR and it may take a long time, and show just what things looked like, or use a phone and get it fast. I'm uneager to do mega comparisons. I might shoot a 2D MagLED too.

Lol! It's all good, my bag of popcorn is deep. Unlike my pockets!

tonkem

Enlightened
My brightest is the Lupine Betty TL at 2600 lumens(mostly flood though), 2nd is the Lupine Wilma TL at 1100 lumens, and then the Zebralight SC600 at 750 lumens :)

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Blaster NG from Elektrolumens puts out around 2,000 lumens. I keep it handy and have used it almost every day recently--it has been windy around here recently. It is a powerful, well-built, solid light. :devil:

My word, that thing's a beast.

I've got a Ryobi HID that's similar-but-throwier in output, but my new-model Blaster gets used at least once a week.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
My baddest light is definitely my Varapower Turbo v2 4000K de-domed. This is the "dimmest" version you can get, but it's still very very bright with extreme throw. Guessing the otf lumens is rather difficult, maybe 1600, but I really can't say. It definitely has the best heatsinking of any light you ca buy. I have nothing remotely comparable. I do have a UCLp lens with 97% transmittance on mine which the other VPT V2s don't have.

2012-05-12-418.jpg

I also have a smaller head with a diffusing lens for it. This turns it into a flood monster. Please ignore the tint in this picture.

2012-05-12-413.jpg

I don't really need this light, I mostly use it when walking in the woods and for lighting up buildings out of my window (700m away). Of course it's also good for showing off. Here is a picture of it under UV light. The pcb is also glowing because Kevin etches them with UV light.

sst904000Kdedomed.jpg

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol! It's all good, my bag of popcorn is deep. Unlike my pockets!

I'm not going to tally up what this lighting cost. The phone pictures don't at all show what it looked like in person.

Flickr video

7489434774_3297fdbebd.jpg

In person the whole yard was well lit. But the distant treeline was also quite visible. It's an interesting combination, having a huge flood and a needle of light. The Deft EDC really is a pocket searchlight. My cutie pulled me back inside before someone called the police about shining lights around oddly.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best LED thrower is ma_sha1's FrankenMag Shorty. 127k lux@1m. My brightest overall LED light is my Mac's Customs 3840L (9 x 4500k XP-Gs at 1550ma each) which is a fair amount shorter than a 2D Mag. :cool: This light I do actually use a good bit. It's great to completely light up close to intermediate areas.

notsofast

Enlightened
My best LED thrower is ma_sha1's FrankenMag Shorty. 127k lux@1m. My brightest overall LED light is my Mac's Customs 3840L (9 x 4500k XP-Gs at 1550ma each) which is a fair amount shorter than a 2D Mag. :cool: This light I do actually use a good bit. It's great to completely light up close to intermediate areas.

What is the lumen rating of Mac's light?

firelord777

Enlightened
Xm18- 15,000 lumens. With a fan. A fan...

Tarter sauce! That's it guys, we all lost now...we were finally out-shined...I see the light at the end of the tunnel...this is what the end looks like...

Hehe, no seriously, that's a heck of a light:D

firelord777

Enlightened
Yeah, I can already imagine you burning out people's eyes out...by ceiling bouncing it:D

metalophile

Newly Enlightened
:sigh: OK, I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a noob here, but my brightest is an Aurora P7 C-bin powered by a 18650 Lion cell. It has 5 modes. I bought it from DX more than two years ago. I don't know the exact output. They advertise the LED as being rated at 900 lumens, so I'll estimate maybe mine puts out 500?? More than bright enough for my purposes. I keep it in my "crash box" mostly in case of emergencies, and otherwise only pull it out to demo it. Price was $30 back then. One of my reasons for joining this forum is that I'm in the market to get something more impressive and to get some apparatus to measure the brightness of my flashlight collection.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today it is a Surefire P2X Fury Defender, later this week it will be a Malkoff Hound Dog. Who knows after that. I also ordered 7 18650's.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the lumen rating of Mac's light?

With these particular XP-Gs and at this drive level it is 3840L at the emitters. OTF is somewhere around 3300-3450L I believe. These lights are usually called Mac's Customs 3300Ls because originally they were being offered only at the 1100ma per emitter current (in cool white) which gave a rating of 3300L at the emitters. I requested mine to built with the 1550 boards and in "outdoor white" tint which is a type of neutral.

JudasD

Enlightened
I just snagged a Olight X6. Didn't need it, but you know how the want vs need argument goes. LOL I use it all the time right now because it's new. As the "newness" wears off, probably very little and ill be back to using my EDC the most.

JD