What's the latest in magnetic variable ring type flashlights?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
GUFTCIw.jpg

qbEJsjR.png

contact me by PM if interested in a goodwill group buy of stock original rrt-01
(not for profit, just want to help more people have a chance to own a magnetic rotary)

that one is from a prior group buy, a run of triples

life is good!

Interested, please pm or email. Like the tail on that triple

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure if it's worth posting in this thread as there isn't much traffic.

For those intersted in the 2019 RRT01; don't be fooled by the ratings. It will only put out just north of 400lm I got around 420lm which is approx 100lm higher than my original RRT01 w/ 219b 4500k R9080. these chinese lights do not put out anywhere near their claim. I'd say half of what is claimed. Otherwise they are nice little variable output lights.
Beam profiles are similar to an HDS if you are familiar with those.

output control is more aggressive than an HDS. This is good and bad. 2019 version control ring is improved upon the original but i prefer the overall design/look of the original over the 2019 version.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
good info
the High CRI upgrade brings the lumens down 30%

my stock RRT-01 w 6000k XM-L did make 600 lumens,
and it now makes 400 lumens with an sw45

a 25% drop in color temperature, dropped the lumens by 30%, but the CRI went up 29%!
color rendering from these nichias is in another league, so is the rotary UI, imo

my sw30 gives 380 lumens, also plenty and more, than I need. From a warm indoor high CRI light with great sunset tint.
VYPRLAz.jpg

what I especially love about these rotaries is how fluid and intuitive the UI is
total game changer
clickies are so.. limiting.. lol