What's your car flashlight?

AzGB

Enlightened
SureFire M6 in the cupholder built into the door, L2 in the center console, and U2 back behind the doublecab seats with more tools and gear. Also usually at least one box of SF primaries floating around the truck somewhere...

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daily Driver:

Golston 7W in driver's glovebox.
DashLite in the lighter socket
128LED Showerhead with 3 SubC in the passenger glovebox
Big Jim in the boot
el-cheapo 4D rubber in the boot.

Second Car (gets used for long trips only):

Ultrafire C2 in driver's door pocket.
Eveready E250K in passenger glovebox
Eveready Dolphin in boot.

Last edited:
For the truck:

Pelican 2130 Mini Flasher
Gerber Infinity Ultra
Fenix P1 CE CREE LED
Coleman Exponent CR123A Lantern on the way
Lots of batteries

Everyday carry is:

Surefire E1L Cree for work
Nova Tac EDC-120 to show off on the weekend

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
Like everyone whatever is on my keyring and in my pocket or bag usually a draco and a P1DCE Q5 but occasionally just the draco. The car keys each have a photon.

In each car I have an L2DCE (They now have OP reflectosr and either Q2 or Q5 emmiter) in the centre console with an L1D tube if need to pocket it for some reason I also have a Niteize head band so it can be a substitute headlamp. In the boot (trunk) I have a small 4*AA flourescent tube with a magnetic mount together with a 12V combo lamp compressor.

carlosliu

Newly Enlightened
I'm quite worry about the safety of Li-Ion battery because the temperature inside the car could be very high under the summer sunshine. Although I never measured the temperature in my car, I think 60°C(140°F) or higher is common. In past few years, I already saw several disposable lighter exploded in my friends' car. I really don't want to see an exploded CR123A...

How do you think about this issue? Is AA battery safer than Li-Ion in such a condition?