What's Your Collection's Net Worth?

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thinking a lot of members here have spent much more on flashlights than they think. I've got over $(removed for the sake of domestic tranquility) on Oveready alone.
I have to laugh. When I first came here, I wanted a recommendation for a wooded area search and rescue light. I was going to be a BIG spender and figured I'd spend maybe $50.

Within a month, I spent about $800 on four lights, two for me, and two for my son, plus batteries and charger.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I doubt anyone with a sizable collection is going to chime in.This question is a little like asking how much money you make a year. IMO.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Wow! What did you buy and did they work?
We decided to NOT join the SAR team because the Director was an obnoxious, arrogant, bully of a guy. Neither of us were going to volunteer to work for him, for free.

I bought a Thrunite TN30, Fenix TK35, TN11, and a Convoy C8.
I bought 14 EagleTac protected 3400 ma 18650's @ $18 each. That's back in the day when 3400ma 18650's were a new thing.

The TN11, and C8 were backup throwers. LOL, not equivalent to the available throwers of today.

The TN11 used to look differently than it does today. Why they kept the same Name/designation, but completely changed the light, IDK. But it used to be much more of a thrower, similar to the Catapult. It could take one or two 18650's in series with the body extension that came with the light.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ya I doubt anyone with a sizable collection is going to chime in.This question is a little like asking how much money you make a year. IMO.
2C17ADA7-398F-4308-9198-19E0F25D99F8.jpeg

The dupilcates....

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
I have to laugh. When I first came here, I wanted a recommendation for a wooded area search and rescue light. I was going to be a BIG spender and figured I'd spend maybe $50.

Within a month, I spent about $800 on four lights, two for me, and two for my son, plus batteries and charger.
Dad made a mistake when he helped me find my first "quality" light for $60. 😂

Rinspeed

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea how many I have but I do know I have at least six or seven I've never opened. Probably between $2k and 2,500. Just got another P12 in the mail today that will go in the safe.

fredx

Newly Enlightened
I never understood what the big deal is about keeping your income a secret-- not saying anyone should brag about how much or be ashamed of how little they make but it just makes no sense to me.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Omg my children think the same way. maybe I'm old school I don't know but what you make per year is one question you never ask anybody.