What's your favorite Luxeon-based flashlight?

o0o

Enlightened
Favorites:
Surefire U2, L2, L5, L4

Runners up:
HDS Basic, Pelican M6 LED Lux III HA

Valolammas

Enlightened
Petzl Tikka XP, hands down!

If headlamps can't apply, then Fenix L1T and UK 4AA eLed.

I still use all of these, especially the Tikka XP. I don't actually even have a Cree-based light yet. I know, I'm a bad flashaholic.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
ORBRAW RED/ORANGE LUX III...2-stage: utility and '#@*&%$~£'

If 'WOW!' was fattening, I'd be a right gutbucket now!

Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

...Me like...:D

Be lucky...

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't pick just one. In no particular order...

U2
27LT
Cub

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Another vote for the HDS EDC 60 Ultimate. I just sold one, but I'm keeping the second one.

As for less-costly lights, I'd go with my Luxogen LR12W CR2 light - lots of white light for such a tiny thing, and good quality for the $30 I paid. I also like my JetBeam I Mark I (stealth version) that I also got at a discount. That's a keeper, also.

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keychain FireFlyIII Great beam, tint and programmable output to suit my changing needs--a great light! (Until a Cree R bin and a cut-down Fraen FRC reflector mod that is! :D )

Peak Mediterranean 2AA Always works, nice tint/beam quality, takes a beating and decent runtime on 2AA NiMH.

WX1S LuxV nFlex 8AA Mag mod Because the LuxV is part of history... gotta have at least one LuxV.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I don't have any 'elite' lights, and with the Crees and Seouls out on the market now, I'm glad I didn't dump a lot of $$$ into Luxeons a year or more ago.

I have a 'Vika' which (I think) is a Luxeon III driven by a 18650 Li-Ion cell. Not a bad light ... but very much a spot light while I prefer floody lights.

BUT, I have the same light (same chassis) with a SSC P4 in it that blows the Luxeon away! So what's the point of the Vika anymore?

One light I still like a great deal for usable amount of light, form factor and (most of all) warm-ish tint is my lowly Task Force 1-watt, 3AAA I got on sale almost a year ago. When walking in the woods and other scenarios that don't require seeing 100+ yards, this has GOT to be one of my favorite lights ... period.

Last edited:

atm

Enlightened
Fire~Fly III for me as well. It's still one of my most carried and used lights. It's extremely versatile, a real pocket rocket, and a pleasure to use and behold despite the growing collection of "character" marks.