What's your ideal watch?

stockae92

Enlightened
14060M.JPG

Learnin

Newly Enlightened
Breitling Aerospace for me. Titanium, analog and digital displays, all functions controlled with the crown. Simple, light, and darn near indestructible.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thought I had posted pics of my Citizen BM7080-03E model. Sorry about that. Here's a stock pic of the watch I received from my immediate family as a combined gift for Christmas of 2010, and which so far has become my ideal watch.

Edit: I hate Imageshack. Here's a recent pic taken with my new smartphone. (Hosted on Photobucket). Enjoy.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Can you get a decent titanium watch that looks nice enough to go with a suit and is tough enough for a camping trip in the $250 range? Analog display, trits or backlight (lume is weak), good water resistance. Other features are a bonus, I have simple needs.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Can you get a decent titanium watch that looks nice enough to go with a suit and is tough enough for a camping trip in the $250 range? Analog display, trits or backlight (lume is weak), good water resistance. Other features are a bonus, I have simple needs.

Other than a lack of trits and lack of back-lighting, you described my Citizen BM7080-03E perfectly.

You should be able to easily get the same model at 15% off MSRP. With tax in most places in America, that should come to right around $250. (Give or take a couple of dollars.)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've got a couple of titanium Seiko's which are both very suit-worthy, especially the SND419 (7T92-0ED0 movement) chronograph model, and I believe it cost me somewhere around $180, but is now available for less.

No trits or back-light, but I just press the bezel of my flashlight against it for a moment and it reads very well! During the winter when I'm riding the snowmobiles and it's too dark to read, I just reach my left arm over the headlight and the watch comes back very bright! Due to the titanium construction the watch is surprisingly light and it's one of my absolute favorites.

Last edited:

Terrell Skies

Newly Enlightened
I love my Tag Heuer Monaco. It might not be the lightest timepiece in the world, but if it was good enough for Steve McQueen.... (although mine has a black face and black band).

John Pombrio

Newly Enlightened
I bought an IsoBrite ISO100 series which uses the new T100 tritium tubes in in. The watch is amazingly bright in comparison to other tritium based watches. Its thicker than I would like it to be. the crystal is damn near bulletproof, with no scratches after several months of hard use. I replaced the band with a twist-o'flex . It has excellent waterproofing and I have been down snorkeling with it over 10 foot (even though the crown does not screw in). Battery easy to replace. Date is a little small. But dang the watch is bright! readable under ANY lighting conditions as it gets darker out, the tritium glows before the numbers and hands fade out. I love it!
images

images

Now if I could only find a LCD watch with a tritium backlight like I had back in the 70's

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found my ideal watch, and my wife bought it for me !

Citizen "Ecozilla" in Titanium.
its big (18mm thick, front glass is 6mm thick) but its light, and doesn't feel anywhere near as big as it actually is.
easy to read with the big white and orange hands on a black dial, big hour markers and excellent Lume (i charge it with a flashlight before bed, and it's still easy to read in the morning)
300m waterproof (it's a proper dive watch after all, rated for saturation diving - not that I need that)
Its also pretty accurate (reliably +3 seconds a month, the whole time I have had it) and I don't have to worry about winding it or changing battery as its an EcoDrive movement, powered by the sun (I know I will have to have the battery replaced eventually, but not for 10yrs+)
null_zpsac1ee72a.jpg

lefteye219

Enlightened
Currently Wearing Marathon GSAR but my ideal watch would be Omega Planet Ocean Professional 600M Ti Bracelet model:twothumbs

MrJino

Enlightened
I only have 1 watch, but got because I liked the simplicity of it. Plus it has a cool glass back to see the gears and jewels inside!

Very good dial glow too, easily lasts til morning if I charge it with my ready made for a few minutes in the evening.

The name of it is laco, unsure of the model.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wearing a Seiko auto chronograph longer than some folks have been around! I bought it in 1968 in SEA and I've had it serviced once about 10 years ago.