Where did all the oldtimers go.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Re: Any oldschool katz still around?

Hi from France !!

Just waves to all oldtimers :wave:

Since I have a sale flashight business, I have no time to visit CPF every day but I am lurking here and there sometimes :nana:

I will try to post once a year here to have news about my old CPF friends.

Merry Christmas to everyone :santa:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still here after 11years. Will be here for many more. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

Last edited:

lightsandknives

Enlightened
I've had an account for over a decade now, but was a lurker long before that. I've taken some long breaks in between and had to bring myself up to date recently. In the past month, I've purchased:

Prometheus beta QR Nichia 219 electroless nickel
Lunintop copper worm Nichia 219
Lunintop tool titanium
Olight s mini brushed titanium
Olight s mini black copper
Olight i3e (5 for gifts)
Olight s1 baton (gift)
Nitecore P30
Nitecore HC30 headlamp
Zebralight H300w mk iii headlamp
Maha MH-C401FS charger
Lots of batteries.......

The problem is I'm still looking at other lights! Obviously this place is a bad influence on me....

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and reminded him about the time I bought my first 2x123 Surefire and showed it to him in the front yard. It was approximately 100 lumens and we compared it to his 2D maglight. I showed him the silver Olight i3e and it's now a 120 lumens! Its amazing the difference a decade makes. I bought my son an Arc AAA years ago and he still carries it on his keychain. I had mine modded (can't remember who) to a two stage and still have it in the collection but it now has a flicker sometimes. Sold my McGizmo Haiku a few years ago since it was just a safe queen. A few early Malkoffs still are around the house in different locations and I was looking at his 1x123 earlier today. So many cool lights and so little darkness. Guess I need to sleep less......

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Still checking in 11 years later - like many others I lurked for a while before joining as well. My purchases are very few and far between - especially compared to my earlier days. Still love the UI of the LionHeart and U2 which are couple of my all time favorites (haven't updated my list of lights in my signature in a long time). It is incredible how far the technology of LEDs has come since the early days - wonder where it will be 10 - 12 years out???

Anyways - Happy Holidays to all and keep those lumens burning!

Cheers,
Tim

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

@ 10 years

..remember this little fella that basically started the whole revolution

XRE_med.jpg

Kestrel

Flashaholic
@ 10 years ..remember this little fella that basically started the whole revolution [...]
Lol, I still have one of those XR-E's here in my pocket; the pre-XPG ?LD01? on my 2xAAA Stylus pro.
In some ways they were better than the later generation, as they'd do ~double the wattage when used with the second cell. And still working great, after all these years. :)

Edit: But, still not an old-timer lol. ;)

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I keep going back to this post every few weeks to laugh again, CROAKED :crackup:

John.
Some of us did, indeed, croak, but only because we caught a cold, and had a frog in our throats.:lolsign:

Hi, Larry! :wave: I still remember when you brought your TANK LIGHT to Phoenix to Brlux's place for a GT. Wow, that was something!:rock::clap:

gunga

Flashaholic
Wow, yeah. Imagine your avatar as a Nichia 319a or something. Would be up to date.

This is more "classic". Besides, it won't make you any brighter!

Just kidding of course!

;)

I'm here 11 years too!