Where do I actually find real batteries?!

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
So true. Mind blown! :stupid:

Seriously though - what would you recommend (for me though) in terms of batteries? I'm partial to 18650s, usually I go for Panasonics from a local importer here. Any trustworthy brands and sources to share? :twak:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on amp of the test. I believe allot rating test are done at .2 amps...

Put mine in charger last night... Low ohm cell
12:55 (Twelve hour - fifty five min test)
Set to Manual 1 amp
IMG_8324.JPG

Mooch Test (ecig high amp draws)
at 5 amps drops to 3600 + mah
at 10 amps drops to 3500 mah

Vapcell N40 - 10A 4000mAh 18650 CC Tests - June 2023.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just going to chime in and say the Vapecell S4 is an excellent charger.
Got proprietary cells with a ring of plastic surrounding the nipple of the battery? The Vapecell can charge those up. Other chargers, usually not.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When I was vaping my brother gave me some efest stuff but I used my nitecore d4 mostly.

Some of those cloud makers he used were like 60 watts at 0.5 ohms. I think he vaped as much as 100 watts with some juices. I used low watt low power devices to get a cigarette like drag so I didn't need all that POWAH. But that's when I learned to read mooch articles because he was trying to save those cloud makers from blowing themselves up with garbage batteries. It's how I learned my "so-called" 35amp capable 18650's for my Maglite ROP were actually 25 amp max rewraps, not the genuine thing. See at the time there were no 35 amp capable batteries even being made.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Thank you safety police, you saved my life. Do you have any other confused tips? Perhaps how to drive a car?
This is not a helpful comment. There is danger. Criticizing someone for caring about somebody's well-being is short sighted. There are some people that need to be warned. You may not be one, Karen.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Recently ended up with several lights using 18650 and 21700. Want some extra cells. I know everything at places like Amazon/ebay is fake, and do not hold the labeled capacity.

Edit: see below - branding and badging covered.
I tried to buy "Samsung" 5ah 21700s from IMR Batteries and they could not be more fake. 4.5ah. No branding. The fake capacity is just a sticker out of a label printer. Samsung had nothing to do with these...

Who can I actually trust to buy these batteries from? Is it even possible to get a real 3.5ah 18650 or 5ah 21700?
You can find used 26650 A123, and a Chinese factory that knocks them off, now that A123 is no more. 50 cents each. 2.5 ah 3.2 v. Charger for said lipo is $10. Fits in C cell lights, with a spring stretch. 2cell lights can be replaced by one cell. 3 cell lights 2 cells for 6.4v. In D cell lights one for one with spring reduction. Double your voltage. Can't nick these cells. I ruined one by shorting the case with a sharp spring.
Please stay on topic. The topic is single 18650 and 21700 batteries, nothing else.

Thank you
Thanks

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Depends on amp of the test. I believe allot rating test are done at .2 amps...

Put mine in charger last night... Low ohm cell
12:55 (Twelve hour - fifty five min test)
Set to Manual 1 amp
View attachment 53910

Mooch Test (ecig high amp draws)
at 5 amps drops to 3600 + mah
at 10 amps drops to 3500 mah

View attachment 53911

I need to get out my WMR-Battery Analyzer