where to get wool blankets cheap?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
just payed 50 bucks a pop for some .. used to get them for like 3 bucks .anyone know where to get them cheap i like 100 percent wool

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
it takes some one real smart to read my garbage of post lol. but ill explain it to you or another smart person can lol. im sorry my post are so bad im trying to improve them slowly. my question is where can i buy cheap wool blankets . a wool blanket is alike a normal blanket but its made out of wool. wool comes from sheep which is a mammal that can also fly

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i was the same thing we have fort benning near me. my last wool blankets was from like 1945 or something. so warm i miss them dumb me thru them away

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woollen blankets will only increase in value as demand takes off, rolling power outages during winter are likely to become a looming reality (thanks to the pursuit of 100% green energy) 😉

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second that on military surplus outlets. Also, I think it was SPORTSMAN'S GUIDE used to sell all kinds of military surplus from all over the world. Search military surplus on your computer and you should find a good source.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
just payed 50 bucks a pop for some .. used to get them for like 3 bucks .anyone know where to get them cheap i like 100 percent wool

If your use for such wool blankets is for minor-to-moderate cold, then any of the old army surplus stuff might suit.

For my quarter, though, for any serious cold, I look around at estate sales and classifieds/auction sites for items similar to the top-end Hudson's Bay 6-point type "trapper" blankets. As heavy, dense and well-made as possible. In the older, well-used examples, they usually come with pilling, minor-to-serious "bites" out of them from moths, need for repairs (whipping, edges, some of the "bites"). But, just occasionally, they can be found at a decent price.

IMO, though, $3 will get schlock. Probably every time. (Unless you get amazingly lucky finding somebody willing to offload high-grade stuff for pennies on the dollar.) At least for "serious" use, durability and withstanding of cold, I can't ever see these types of blankets worthwhile.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

About 30 years ago I got a down comforter as a gift, have to say it's one of my most prized possessions.
simply fantastic on how it keeps you warm, but not getting hot.

If you're spending that much on a smallish wool blanket, very much consider getting a true down* comforter,
very comfortable
:)

* down, not feather,, big difference

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Folks, keep in mind where he lives. I doubt he is going to need Minnesota Winter warm blankets or down comforters in his area.
They are preferred, of course, but if you are just going to use them for a dog, maybe a bit overkill. Just my opinion, I have a lower standard for dog furnishings than others.

Of course, it does get cold when you have a severe thunderstorm drop cold, cold rain and hail on you, and I imagine they have a few of those in his area.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

raggie didn't say it was for a dog.

If you have your thermostat at 68F, that's one thing.
If you have it in the mid 50s' like me in winter, that's another thing.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

raggie didn't say it was for a dog.

If you have your thermostat at 68F, that's one thing.
If you have it in the mid 50s' like me in winter, that's another thing.
I know, but he posted it around the time of the dog thread, I think.

You are in WI, according to your profile thing. Raggie lives in the South--Atlanta, GA area.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm sorry but if you used to pay $3.oo for genuine, 100% wool blankets; you were buying stolen goods off of the most desperate for a fix junkie thief on the face of this planet! Maybe it was a typo and you meant $30.oo each? Still a sweet bargain if that's the case.

If you just paid $50.oo for one that is 100% wool, that's a bit of a bargain price; today. You want genuine 100%, try The Hudson Bay Company. (Not joking! They're literally still around today! But almost everything they offered for sale back during the early days of America's founding, have been removed from their inventory. Whether to buy for yourself, or as Trade items with the Indians. Ironically their 100% wool blankets are still available. Get ready for sticker shock!)

Best I can do is 90% wool. Which, I think is good enough. Just under $45.oo retail though. So not worth mentioning where I got one since you have a source for just $5.oo more at 100%.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the ones i got was in rough shape lol..the recent ones are twin bed blankets had no idea till i saw them lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
the ones i got was in rough shape lol..the recent ones are twin bed blankets had no idea till i saw them lol
Sorry to hear that. That does explain how you got 100% wool blankets for so cheap. Okay, here's where I bought my 90% wool brand new blanket. They also have a 100% wool Queen sized blanket on that site on sale for just under $209.oo (and yes, that's the sale price.)

Won't lie, I'm good with 90% at under $45.oo
But that's just me. Sorry Raggie, but the 100% variety are insanely popular, and have been for awhile now. Don't see that changing any time soon. If you can live with 90%, just look through the site in the link.

Link:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like wool there simple. down blankets are ok but the features always settle to one end or the other