which convoy c8

chetc

Newly Enlightened
i want to get a led flashlight, thinking of the Convoy C8, i know there are a few different configurations, i want to get the 4 mode model, but if someone can tell me which bulb and reflector i need for the best flood type light, i want to get something for my wife when in the middle of the night the dogs have to go. she wants to make sure the pen is clear of skunks ect. she has a convoy S2 plus. it os ok but it is too much spot beam.

thanks
chet

chetc

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the prompt replies, she does have the s2 plus with an orange peel reflector, that's as far as i know about these flashlights one mentioned the large die XML2 i have never done this kind of stuff before, are these drop in parts, and where do i get this large die XML2, is there a link anywhere possibly on youtube that shows this procedure

ps is it possible to purchase this complete light with that XML2
chet

Poppy

Flashaholic
I misspoke, there is not a large die XML2 vs a small die XML2. The XML2 sits on a 4mm die. Some LEDs are smaller and sit on 2mm dies. The XML2 and the SST40 sit on 4mm dies, whereas the SST20 sits on a 2mm die. The larger LED will give a more floody beam.

The Convoy S2+ is so inexpensive, I'd just buy the whole light. In fact when I just started, I bought them in different flavors, just to try out different LEDs, instead of building my own drop-ins.

chetc

Newly Enlightened
I misspoke, there is not a large die XML2 vs a small die XML2. The XML2 sits on a 4mm die. Some LEDs are smaller and sit on 2mm dies. The XML2 and the SST40 sit on 4mm dies, whereas the SST20 sits on a 2mm die. The larger LED will give a more floody beam.

The Convoy S2+ is so inexpensive, I'd just buy the whole light. In fact when I just started, I bought them in different flavors, just to try out different LEDs, instead of building my own drop-ins.
are these convoys available stateside