Who here EDC's a Taser ??

myk

Enlightened
we bought a cheapo e-bay stungun in college and had our fun with it, eg who can hold it on their leg (with semi dead battery) longest, etc

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Thanks for the thorough reply Raoul !! Guess I won't be ordering one from DealExtreme after all !! :ohgeez:

Here I was, finally settling on EDCing a L0DCE ..... and now you've re-ignited my Big Torch urge !! :D

Is there a Party worth voting for which might change the dipshit UK laws on self defence ?? :rant:

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Not fracking likely, Perfectionist.

As for stun guns (not Tasers) dropping someone... Pffft. I'm about as ******* average as anybody. I've sapped myself with a 100,000 volt unit, with fresh batteries and it just made my muscles contract. Did it hurt? You betcha. Would it have stopped me from shanking my target repeatedly? Not in the slightest.
Keep in mind also that most instruction manuals for stun guns say to keep the stun gun on your assailant for 10-15 seconds or there abouts.
Good luck doing that, while he's ragdolling you all over the place.
Stun guns = useless party favor.

cal..45

Enlightened
I think a 750000 volt stun gun is a really good choice for a SD item. it might not work 100% on some drug/alcohol/adrenaline loaded attackers, but so wouldn't pepper spray, a knife or even a firearm. but no matter what you carry for SD, always remeber that ANYTHING is better than NOTHING.

regards, holger

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
even though they are illegal here, I 'volunteered' once as a test subject ( a bet was involved)... It hurt plenty, but didn't knock me down. Maybe its because of the countless times I zapped myself while trying to fix a flashgun or working on my cars soundsystem (got to love those powercaps)... Anyway, taking a **** on an electric fence (another bet) hurt a hell of a lot more...

PMI

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry my hand held stun gun its 650K volts and its a little bigger than a flip cell phone. I carry just about everywhere I go. When I first bought it the guy I bought it from zapped me with it in the thigh and I dropped to my knees. Then we were at my friends birthday party and I had a friend that was on Loratabs cause he had shoulder surgery. Well he was like "man that taser dont hurt" so I zapped him in the thigh and he dropped to his knees, walked around holding his leg for about 15 minutes and then was like "you gotta zap my other leg to even the pain out". So I popped it maybe like 3 times and his leg just went from underneath him and landed face first in a puddle of mud. It was pretty funny. They hurt pretty bad.