Who likes triples?

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I knew I should not have opened this thread because I was not into triples, now I want one. I wonder who or when someone will bust out with a triple MT-G2.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned a few P60 Triples. And although they look really cool, there just isn't enough throw for me. On the other hand, they are awesome when used in the bigger reflector triples. I love the throw and huge spot size (for a thrower)

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a EDC+ Nichia 219 triple. It's too floody for my taste. A single XM-L2 Drop-In with TIR Lens is much better.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a Mac's 3300L. He stopped making them when Maglite decided to be a bunch of phalli and told him to stop turning their stone-age lights into modern masterpieces.

Mine has a stainless crenelated bezel and a Mag-sized SW01 mock tail cap. And 9 white trits in optics drilled out by Thatspec.
dang, i didn't think Mag would do that. SF doesn't do that do they? geez louise

edit: what cells does it use, LEDs, etc?

Last edited:

ronac

Enlightened
I love triples!!

20130522233415-DSC_3670.jpg

Slewflash

Newly Enlightened
I love the brightness of triples, but the floodiness generally is a turn off for me. As bright as they are they just don't have enough throw. More of a WOW! thing than practical.

I agree, but when walking at night flood is your friend! You need to illuminate your peripheral, because it is more receptive to light and therefore can 'sense' movement better.
But some triples, like the Shocker with 130kcd are pretty nice too... They've been modded to have 180kcd+ as well, just with XML2s and driven harder.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, but when walking at night flood is your friend! You need to illuminate your peripheral, because it is more receptive to light and therefore can 'sense' movement better.
But some triples, like the Shocker with 130kcd are pretty nice too... They've been modded to have 180kcd+ as well, just with XML2s and driven harder.

I agree with much of what you say. For outdoors I like lights that are a good combo of both throw and flood. I assumed though that this thread was talking more about the current wave of small scale triples with the Carlco lenses. These are very floody lights. If you start looking at custom Mag mods with three reflectors or something like a Jetbeam RRT-3 XM-L I think you have transcended to a different class of light. These are triple with true reflectors that all have impressive throw.

I suppose the context of this thread is a bit subjective so I will concede my point to the monster triples.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll play...

Only two with me now, my EDC and one ready to be shipped... but...
Give me few days, I'll accumulate more for group shot with different bodies/hosts... :devil:

Dan and Tom should jump in here with some pics of like 100's of triples like they sometimes do in other threads with other stuff... :)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey think2x, that's really sweet. Are you using the original NovaTac driver?

Yes, original driver on this one but I have another with a dead driver I'll have to put something different in. Thinking of picking up a triple board from Lux-RC on that one.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I hate em... at least in p60 format.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2