Why are surefire prices down so much?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
You need to understand that when you buy a Surefire you are buying reliability and warranty. Sure there are many good lights out there at a fraction of the price with many more features, but there aren't too many I'm willing to trust my life with when I have the choice to choose Surefire.

Seals and Special Forces use these lights. There's a reason they aren't carrying Solarforce, Nitecor, Fenix, Zebra, insert any other Chinese brand here, lights.

LOL - Don't be silly, 99% use Extremebeam.

:nana:

schurtjl

Newly Enlightened
I learned along time ago, you buy quality and reliability once, or cheap many times, and in the end cheap will still cost you as much as if you had bought quality/reliability in the first place. And you're still stuck with crap that you may or may not be able to rely on. That's why I've made the personal choice to only use Surefire lights. There are times my life or someone elses life depends on them working.

diggumsmack2

Newly Enlightened
Re: Why are surefire prices down so much? Are they really? hmmmmm

really? Their prices have gone down? Thats a surprise, I have not noticed. :ironic:

I second that! I hadn't noticed either, seemed the same to me on Friday the 23rd at my local gun store.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Funny how there seems to be the Surefire fanboys, haters and then what should be the main component of a forum like CPF, those who can choose based on individual merits for the users purposes.

Surefire prices dropping is nothing more than what happens when competition exists in the open market.

thedukeoftank

Newly Enlightened
For me, the Fury is the first SF light that I have even considered purchasing. SF has been outclassed in technology for many years and now they are finally starting to compete. Looks like competition has worked its magic and brought us better products & better pricing. Now I no longer have to embarrass my SF toting buddies with my 2x brighter, 3x longer running, single 123 Nitecore at ⅓ the price! (Rock solid reliable using daily for over a year now)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Choosing a light by maximum output alone is a very useless manner for me personally, and although it may be the most important aspect for you, it would make you very unwelcome in many of the situations that I find myself in almost daily.

All my lights are bright enough, but not enough of them can be turned down to the levels I need which leaves me mostly using my Calipsoii equipped A2, hCRI Clicky, V10R Ti or LF2XT.

Surefire is not better/worse than other lights based on output levels but on user ergonomics, construction and personal requirements. Just because they're not the best light for you doesn't make them any less appropriate for others and to bring it down to nothing more than lumens and price is an indication of tunnel vision.

Howecollc

Enlightened
Am I the only one who thinks that these newly lowered prices are just temporary, like the G2X / 6PX introductory prices were?

bkumanski

Enlightened
Maybe the smaller more common lights are les, but their high end weapon lights, foregrips, suppressors, and AR magazines are just as expensive as ever. Maybe they are trying to unload the lower end stuff for the new, or maybe they are just opening up to a new market with the real professional stuff remaining at a premium price point.

tacticaltony

Newly Enlightened
Some of the g2x models are polymer instead of aluminum which cost less. Also the fury is 500 but has more of a flood and less throw, which may not be too desired. But I have not seen a price drop...why don't they at least give you a free holster when you buy a light since your paying so much

Last edited:

jimbo@stn23

Newly Enlightened
Am I the only one who thinks that these newly lowered prices are just temporary, like the G2X / 6PX introductory prices were?

You may have a good point. The price increase will likely be more subtle when and if they do slide back up. Or it could be with their new construction they have found some efficiencies in assembly or from the design to delivery process and still return the same profit. I'll be watching to see.