Why no P60 talk anymore?

CLBME

Enlightened
I carry a light in a holster every day for work and I have for years. My preferred light size for work is a 6P or Malkoff MD2. While I carry smaller lights when not working, the larger size 6P and variants allow for easier manipulation with gloves on, which I often wear. The size also allows a hold in an armpit, and I find them easier to wedge/stick/jam them into a spot to light up an area. My work lights also take a lot of mashing, dropping, dirt, and grease. Easy replacement of all parts and light engines allow for quick repair as needed. I also change light engines as needed with the time of the year and purpose. I just recently purchased a new drop-in from PFlexPro, which will afford more output for use in daylight, where the ambient light is hard to overcome. This was my first dealing with Randy and his customer service was admirable, and his product appears to be the same. The bottom line is that the P60 module, 18650 rechargeable batteries and hosts provide a level of flexibility in a size package that suits my needs well. I don't foresee changing things soon.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Once upon a time a man invented a target laser. He sold the idea to a large county's military.
Later he used light in glass and changed the tele-communications world.

Then he took SLR camera flash batteries, alluminum tubing, a light bulb and some other stuff and created the SureFire6 by Laser Products. Soon after he hired some folks to expand on the idea.

Thank you Dr. John Matthews.

That's where laser products name came from???? I'll be darned never knew that. Thank you sir.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The first one was called "the Sure Fire by Laser Products".

Sales were slower than hoped. Folks did not think a company called laser products would be a flashlight maker in the days of Maglite and Streamlight being the big players.

PK told me folks would call and ask "where can we buy a Sure Fire?"... so the name Laser Products was replaced. Early SureFire lights had a laser target between the words. Later PK designed the circle meant to mean 'sunshine at night'.

IMG_20180310_133448.jpg

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just chanced upon an OR TIR P60 as I was takinga peek at their site.
1000 lumen XPL with what appears to be a 26mm optic, the driver programmable with 3 tiny switches.

Really interesting but out of stock. :(