Why no single AA Surefire?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire AA :shakehead What we need is a stock Surefire 1x18650.

Like the P1R Peacekeeper?

Thanks! I dont' follow lights like I use to and was not really aware of this light, just heard the Peacekeeper name a few times.

Unfortunately I looked at the light and it's not my style, something like the latest E1D with 18650 has some style and the SF look and build I like, the P1R frankly looks ugly and more like a civilian light; like some of their recent slipery beasts. Still it's great to see them finally experimenting with a good rechargeable power source that is not a proprietary pack.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefire does have a minimus AA i think. doesnt seem to be very popular though.

i would love to see a single AA surefire light, something like a E1L using a single AA. it would be my first choice for single AA lights, as i find the E1L near perfect.
i think surefire doesnt release one is because of brand reputation. whats to stop the masses from using an alkaline and then being sorely disappointed with its output and run time. from there, bad reviews from casual users and such, negatively affecting their brand that surefire has built over the decades. it a risk i think they rather not take.

other brands such as malkoff, McG, and most the higher quality "made in china" brands are aimed more towards the enthusist market. who are usually more knowledgeable about the power supply that is used in heir lights.

i like both single AA and CR123. i feel CR123 is superior to single AA, and the only advantage that AA has is its widespread usage around the whole. which is a big factor.
but because CR123 is not difficult to get for me, and im not currently living in a zombie apocalypse. so i dont have a problem with cr123 primaries, and feel its advantages out weight its disadvantages. but i can certainly understand the limitations of cr123 in other parts of the world.

i dont use 14500 or 16340 because its capacity is about half that of a primary. a 14500 doesnt work with all applications either. likewise with CR-AA, and CR-AA are also made in china which is not to my liking. so i dont see them as a good investment.
i just started using eneloops a couple months ago, i like it, but lithium AA primaries still offer much better runtimes. and are the better choice for me in certain applications, such as back up lights, vehicle lights, general purpose lights sitting in drawers and such.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of us would like to see an E1L-A AA, I think. People use alkies in their E2L-AA, so I'm keeping fingers crossed Surefire comes out with a 1-AA model.

Top Bottom