will mobile phone flashlight apps stop the need to edc a flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

braddy

Enlightened
Your slide show article says that the smart phone made the flashlight obsolete, I doubt that you would be on CPF, if you believed what you posted for us to read.

mzil

Enlightened
"My" slide show article? How is it "my" slide show article? I didn't write it and I've gone on record in this thread stating that I carry an EDC flashlight(s) [so obviously I hardly consider them "obsolete"] in addition to my phone. Please instead refer to it as "the article you thought some here might find interesting, even though many of us might not agree with all of it" or simply "the article you linked to".

It is an article clearly written specifically to invoke discussion, thought, and public commentary, as far as I'm concerned, since it has no researched data backing any of the listed entries' actual sales or usage figures. Did you catch this part, which comprises nearly a third of the entire written text?:

"Do you agree or disagree with the items on this list? Cast your votes, and tell us in the comments if you still use any of these gadgets, as well as if you think there are other devices smartphones are putting out of business."

Last edited:

mzil

Enlightened
Sorry Jash, but I really don't see the cellphone disappearing any time soon because of your weird, concocted device which I assure you will never be. Why would people want one battery operated device to lug around when they could have two, taking up more space and weight in their pockets, both offering only half the functionality of your strange, "Frankenstein" device?

I don't have time to explain it in further detail because my pager just went off so I have to go find a pay phone.

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what would be cool? A flashlight that has a phone built into it!
YOu know, someone at Nokia thought that because they do have many phones with a flashlight function. The 1661 is probably one of my favourites, and isn't your standard 5mm LED like some other Nokias with flashlights. I almost think that the 1661 is flashlight first and phone later

braddy

Enlightened
mzil-Please instead refer to it as "the article you thought some here might find interesting, even though many of us might not agree with all of it" or simply "the article you linked to".

Gee, I did that, I said "Your slide show article says that the smart phone made the flashlight obsolete", you really need to lighten up and quit taking yourself so seriously.

Enlightened
The funny thing about today's smartphones? They're really just tablet computers that happen to have a phone capabilities built in and a surprisingly large number of them don't do the phone part well.

Etsu

Enlightened
"My" slide show article? How is it "my" slide show article? I didn't write it and I've gone on record in this thread stating that I carry an EDC flashlight(s) [so obviously I hardly consider them "obsolete"] in addition to my phone. Please instead refer to it as "the article you thought some here might find interesting, even though many of us might not agree with all of it" or simply "the article you linked to".

Okay, I can't resist biting at your trolls.... You seem to spend a lot of time pushing smartphone flashlight apps and sandwich bags as a great flashlight combo that will replace real flashlights, but then when criticized you run back to a safe spot and claim you EDC a real flashlight, blah, blah.

So, which is it? Is a real flashlight going to stick around, or is a tablet + sandwich bags going to replace it and used by night guards everywhere? You sure seem to be pushing the latter.

mzil

Enlightened
The funny thing about today's smartphones? They're really just tablet computers that happen to have a phone capabilities built in and a surprisingly large number of them don't do the phone part well.

Stop making astute observations and posting intelligently, as if an adult. Don't you realize smartphones and keychain flashlights (the type the OP clarified this thread was addressing, in post #12 the very first day), fundamentally can't coexist, so you must choose a side by childishly trashing/belittling others' view as not being manly?

Last edited:

mzil

Enlightened
Okay, I can't resist biting at your trolls....
So, which is it? Is a real flashlight going to stick around, or is a tablet + sandwich bags going to replace it and used by night guards everywhere? You sure seem to be pushing the latter.

If you have an interest in discussing night guards, everywhere, using tablets + sandwich bags, start a new thread on it. It's off topic to this one.

mzil

Enlightened
We have a pot calling the kettle black, by way of off topic red herrings and misdirection.

"In internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages..."

-Wikipedia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.