Will this stand up to 13 amps? [PICS]

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
I am doing something like Sylathnie's Sublimator. I want to know if ya'll think this switch and socket setup will take the heat. I am planning on using the brass slug that FM offers with his 6.35 sockets, only I found a different socket to put in it. I got the socket from LightBulbsDirect.com. It is supposed to handle 750 watts and 250 volts. The positive will run through an automotive rocker switch that I got from RadioShack. It is supposed to handle 16 amps and 125 volts. I got this idea from another member here, though I can't remember who it was. The negative will run through the body of the light and make contact with the brass slug. I am going to sand the finish off of the throat of the light so that the circuit will make. I want to get feedback if this will work before I go sanding on my Elephant II...
Anyway, here's the pics:
light5.jpg

light4.jpg

light3.jpg

light2.jpg

light1.jpg

b7691a4b.jpg

Last edited:

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened
Then how does everyone else do it? The socket that I have has larger gauge leads than what I got from Kiu or FM. Also, I don't quite understand your math. I don't necessarily think that the rating for the socket was 750 watts AT 250 volts.

EMC2

Newly Enlightened
Not exactly sure where you would find sockets with 16G wire or if there is a good way to attach it.

Larger bulb sizes are also difficult since they do not seem to work very well with most reflectors.

bstrickler

Enlightened
Not exactly sure where you would find sockets with 16G wire or if there is a good way to attach it.

Larger bulb sizes are also difficult since they do not seem to work very well with most reflectors.

I think there were a few people who had tried, but failed at using a heavier gauge wire in these sockets.