Win a Gatlight V3 - Photo & Photo(shop) contest

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
the best I could do with paint:

280px-Ac_hephaestus2.jpg

hivoltage

Enlightened
I am confused....why do I have to use imageshack when this forum allows direct attachment of photo's. Is this post where I am suppose to post my picture?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am confused....why do I have to use imageshack when this forum allows direct attachment of photo's. Is this post where I am suppose to post my picture?
VB is technically able to allow users to post attachments, including images, but CPF does not allow it. You'll have to use imageshack. It's really not so bad, actually.

knot

Banned
This is just a rough five minute draft to show concept. I will improve it, hopefully, with a better rocket image and time (if I can make time). (or some spacewalk holding the Gatlight or something)

roughig7.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good one :). You should also change the phrase into something like "one small light for man, one giant... " :D

knot

Banned
Good one :). You should also change the phrase into something like "one small light for man, one giant... " :D

Hehe, yeah that's good!

Gatlight: One small light for man, one great beam for mankind?

Got Gat? Will travel.

Gatlight - illuminating the future of LED

my.php
[/URL][/img]

Last edited:

knot

Banned
Meanwhile, back at the Lumencraft laboratory, Prometheus, upon returning from SSC, creates and gives mankind the torch.

prometheustq8.jpg

Prometheus was the son of a Titan, one of the giant Elder Gods of Greek mythology. Prometheus was a friend to mortal men; his best-known act was sneaking into the heavens and stealing fire from the gods, which he then delivered to humans on Earth.

Last edited:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow I am seriously impressed here by the creativity and imagination... here that will be one tough competition also I think we'll have to do this for our next product as well... and some of the text/slogans are awesome...

ja10

Enlightened
Nothing too fancy here - just switched out the old school torch that Lady Liberty uses and brought her into the new millennium.

*The file links to a larger file, but for whatever reason the site seems to limit the file to 1024 pixels high. I have much larger files if required.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
From this photo of the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa:
Pisa.jpg

I made this mock-up:
Pisa3.jpg

I was struck by the similarity of the proportions of the Tower and the Gatlight – they are almost exactly the same.

ja10

Enlightened
Dinan,

What did you do to stylize the GATLIGHT text in two of your photos ("Let There Be Gatlight" and just "Gatlight" in blue)? Both of those look great.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few questions about uploading the images.
The maximum allowed size is 1.5 MB, what is the best resizing result that I should use from my original 2 MB picture (Windows XP large size resize will result in about 100K but other software will be much bigger)? Let's say that I resize it down to around 0.5 MB and when I upload, which choice (from Image Shack) should I check for resizing among several size monitors or just choose optimize without resizing?
Thanks,
Tanasit

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they limit the file size rather than the resolution because several images posted earlier are up to 800 x ???

Most forum I belong allow up to 150 mb.

I thought the maximum image posting size is 640px so I reduced the size of some of my images