Wishlist for new Ra Lights

Krotchitty

Newly Enlightened
I like the light so much that it has replaced all others for daily carry.

I'd like a clip more like the ARC or the Ti custom clip someone here makes. Then I might use it, and might not. It sets fine next to my wallet in front.

I'd like the light itself to be smaller in overall length, not much, say about three eighths, a half inch max.

I'd like the option to use 2 or even 3 cells, not for greater lumens but to extend runtime even more.

I'd like a lanyard hole, or to be able to attach a split ring.

I'd like a clicky (switch) that is more robust ... and as discussed on the phone today... it's coming ... thanks.:D

I really like the UI, but would like a battery voltage report, and the ability to program the momentary at a set level instead of mirroring the primary setting only, and I'd like four levels instead of three. While I'm at it, I think that the UI on the Liteflux LFx3t is easier to use sometimes, particularly when setting the levels of light... well it's faster at least and gives options other than set levels of lumens (variable and gradual increases/decreases). The options menu is awesome. Really is the best light out there as is (not the brightest or the most efficient) but the whole package is really a standout product.

I'm sure Henry knows what he's doing as far as generational changes, if it aint broke....

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it's hard to fault the UI. With Force off and simple momenetary On, this is about perfect.

Thanks for dropping in Henry! Good to hear from you and I will have to drop in on the custom page - I have to admit I haven't been there in a while, your site is blocked at work :tinfoil:.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like a clicky (switch) that is more robust ... and as discussed on the phone today... it's coming ... thanks.:D

That's interesting! Though I haven't had problems with mine yet, the switch is for sure the weak part of the Clicky (and of any light). Unfortunately, you can't replace it yourself, can you? :thinking:

Really is the best light out there as is (not the brightest or the most efficient) but the whole package is really a standout product.

I'm sure Henry knows what he's doing as far as generational changes, if it aint broke....
Yep, well said, it's really a standout product for the advanced flashaholic. I wouldn't recommend it to my mother, but to each light freak who's looking for something tough and programmable! :thumbsup:

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
I would like a RA clicky without holes for that ugly clip. No holes no clip and I am on board again, thank you.

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Clicky tailstand minus any wobble. That 2-way clip the Ti model had as standard. Of course brighter if runtime wasn't affected. Longer lasting clickie? Yeah baby, Yeah!

Flyhigh

Newly Enlightened
BlindAsABat,

I can help you with your first two items - more efficient and warmer emitters. We just received a long awaited shipment of high CRI warm white emitters. They are now on the custom built flashlight page. The CRI (color rendering index) of 93 is the highest in the industry.

We are looking at the XP-G, but don't expect too much from the natural white. All warm-white LEDs are less efficient in lumens/watt compared to cool-white LEDs. The reason is fairly obvious if you overlay the spectral curves and then overlay the eye sensitivity curve on top of that. Although the warm-white LEDs are emitting roughly the same number of mW at all frequencies, the warm-white LEDs are emitting a fair bit of that beyond the sensitive part of the curve at the red end of the spectrum. I.e., there is a fair amount of emission in the long wave red and short inferred. Those emissions do not count toward lumens.

As far as the smaller diameter, we are still considering that. The current lights are actually 0.040 smaller than the older lights. But 1 inch is dictated by quite a few factors and it is hard to go smaller without sacrificing quite a few things.

Brian,

We keep looking at the AA market...

Henk_Lu,

We continue to work on the tail standing issue.

Henry.

Thanks for dropping by and keeping us informed Henry. We all know that you care about your products and it is really nice to see a manufacturer dedicated to long term excellence rather than some of the "Hit and run" companies we all wasted money on.

It's also very nice to see all the really good proposals for improving an already excellent light here at Cpf. lovecpf I don't know if Cpf members are a big enough costumer base to survive on (probably not) but on the other hand we do tend to buy more than just one light… :devil: (I'm really, really tempted by the warm white Clicky and I already have two Ra lights)

K

wrencher

Newly Enlightened
A 1AA Ra. Now that would have chance at moving my 170cn
to back pocket. And thow it would be a hartship I would volinteer
to a beta tester. :grin2:

ecallahan

Enlightened
I have two Ra Clicky's, 1 which was modded to high CRI, the other a 100wwcn which is one of my most used lights. I'm waiting for some kind of new Twisty offering. Neither of my Clicky's has a problem with the tailstand issue. I like the size of them, and figure the Twisty will be a bit shorter, if it comes out.....

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a ground up design on a new 2 or 3 D cell light. I like my Malkoff / Mags, but I would love to have an over-engineered big light with insane runtimes and a very respectable output on high.

I would buy a few of those too.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a new Twisty using an XP-G. Say, 2, 20, and 200 lumens, conservatively. Stainless steel in the tail would be a godsend, too.

A Twisty based on the IMR-C would be hilarious fun.

I still want my P7 Twisty-sweeper. The last two ideas would go together nicely...

Diamond-coated sapphire lenses would be a nice touch, so I'll second that. (There's no such thing as overkill, only "open fire!" and "I need to reload!")

What about an all steel option? I understand weight issues, but nothing is stronger on a volume basis. Not even titanium if measured by volume. Start with a limited run, and if demand dictates, make it a regular model or build-to-order option.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much I'd like what a few other people have already stated. Let me sum up my desires:

Twisty

3-levels - user programmable including locater flash

18650 - slim as can be made practical and made tough

Neutral tint as a standard option. Not some special order, not available sometime after the cool white version is released.

Ultra long runtime low (>.5 lumens)

Emitter frying high - current draw is as high as the cell can deliver and still stay in regulation for ~50% of the cell capacity; Cheap cells need not apply

A good clip, not some huge monstrosity

Latest posts