Wolf Eyes M-300 Preproduction Group Buy Feeler.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike, very nice tailcap design. How does using the batt carriage aid in charging, unless you've got a non-WE li-ion charger that could be set for 3 cells?

Is WE using the same 13V lamp with a larger reflector? Has this been confirmed? Also, can you confirm we can buy the light without batts/charger? That'd be a showstopper for me.

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Mike@PTS said:
Hi Guys,
Someone asked for a place to attach a lanyard and I know someone will want the light to stand up on its tail – Right? So here is what Wolf Eyes came up with.
Please tell us what you think so they can make what you want.
I really like the new tail cap design. :naughty:
Mike,

I like it...looks like W-E is an organization willing to listen and respond to users' needs. Things like that inspire brand loyalty :thumbsup:.

The button won't be too recessed within the tail cap will it? Might pose an issue to some if they want to click it on with their thumb and they really have to get it in there to activate the clickie (assuming it's a clickie).

Last edited:

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys
Wolf Eyes plans on using the same bulb as the M9013V but is open to suggestions. I personally would like to see a bulb that has more output with a minimum runtime of 60min.
They are also planning too use the Boxer reflector as well which will give the M300 a beam divergence of 6 – 16 degrees (adjustable beam)
Originally posted by depusm12
Have you been able to find out if the tail cap is gonna be the standard WE clicky/momentary? You might want to see if they are willing to make a Lux V module to replace the regular lamp assembly. I would defiantly buy one if that were an option. Also the new tailcap design is perfect.
The button switch appears to be built into the battery magazine with no option for momentary for now but it clicks easily. An LED option would be nice considering the recent advances, but probably at least 6mo down the road

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike@PTS said:
Hi Guys
Wolf Eyes plans on using the same bulb as the M9013V but is open to suggestions. I personally would like to see a bulb that has more output with a minimum runtime of 60min.
Agreed. At 300 lumens, it will rob sales from the M90-13V. At 400 lumens, it can canibalize sales from TigerLight and SureFire HOLAs (at least, where durability is secondary) and could become another "gotta have" for Wolf Eyes fans. I don't see incan lovers demanding more than 60 minutes per cycle... though the LEOs who use their light throughout a shift might disagree!

Mike@PTS said:
They are also planning too use the Boxer reflector as well which will give the M300 a beam divergence of 6 – 16 degrees (adjustable beam)
Mike, can you point us to information about this reflector? I'm not familiar with it. Many of us will want to study beam shots before risking the donut holes and other artifacts commonly associated with an adjustable reflector. Underwater Kinetics has a new optic that keeps he beam in focus as you change the beam width. Is that how the Wolf Eyes Boxer works (even though its a reflector)?

Last edited:

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
Mike, can you point us to information about this reflector? I'm not familiar with it. Many of us will want to study beam shots before risking the donut holes and other artifacts commonly associated with an adjustable reflector. Underwater Kinetics has a new optic that keeps he beam in focus as you change the beam width. Is that how the Wolf Eyes Boxer works (even though its a reflector)?
Hi Paul,
The Boxer reflector is new and will have a mild stipple to improve beam quality and minimize artifacts while still maintaining lots of throw. Our order of Boxers should arrive next week so I can give you more information then.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike@PTS said:
The button switch appears to be built into the battery magazine with no option for momentary for now but it clicks easily. An LED option would be nice considering the recent advances, but probably at least 6mo down the road

So there is going to be no momentary option on the clicky? As a LEO I find that the momentary/clicky switch is more user friendly for LEO's IMHO. The lack of a momentary switch will probably be a deal killer for me at this point. Is there any chance this could be changed by WE ?

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
I am very interested in buying one. But I think I would like to wait for the final specs before purchasing it since now I'm holding off on buying the M90-13V. If a different bulb was used to produce around 400 lumens, I'm assuming that would bring the runtime into the 60-70 minute range?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my first WE product-a 9DX Raider. It is nicer than I had originally thought it would be. I also love my FM 700L form factor so, at first glance the M-300 looks like a winner. This may end up on my short list.

nickz

Enlightened
I am interested in one. Is there any preliminary date set for a finished production run? I agree a bit more output and a 60 minute run time would be a killer light. Say 350-400 lumen range for 60 minutes?

Johan

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in one with the charger/batteries. The only change I would suggest is maybe a little higher than 300 lumens. Perhaps 400+ to get a runtime of about 60 minutes. Also momentary button is nice to have. Other than that looks great.

sink156

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking and reading around here for quite awhile. I am a LEO (on nights) looking for a new light that is bright, rechargable, has a tail cap switch and preferably a place for a lanyard. I have a Maglite rechargable in the car but I want to relagate it to secondary use. (To big)

So I had narrowed my choices down to the Wolf-eyes 9 series or the Pila G3 or G4.

And now this comes along. Jesus, it gets harder and harder to make a decesion.

Any update as to price and production time-frame??? I think this might be the one.

nickz

Enlightened
From what I have read, this light will be out around mid December.... Just in time for X-mas presents for us flashaholics :rock: .

Henry

Newly Enlightened
I am very interested in this light, hopefully it will be ready before the discount on the WE Boxer goes away. As a LEO this would be my main carry light and the Boxer for the search light. A momentary switch would be great, and if the tail cap had cut outs for easier access to the switch I think that would work out perfect. There really isn't a need for a full 360 degrees around the switch. And another vote for 400 lumens vs 300 lumens. Heck since we're making suggestions how about a hi/lo, 400/125 lumens?

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike@PTS said:
Hi Guys,
Someone asked for a place to attach a lanyard and I know someone will want the light to stand up on its tail – Right? So here is what Wolf Eyes came up with.
Please tell us what you think so they can make what you want.
I really like the new tail cap design. :naughty:
m300 lanyard.jpg

If there were 2 holes near each other the lanyard could thread through both rather than over the top and still allow tail standing.

-LT

Henry

Newly Enlightened
I'm definately in for one of these, hopefully it will use the same battery pack as the Wolf Eyes Boxer 24W. If it does take the same battery pack I will be in for two of them and a Boxer. It's been tough waiting for word especially since the board has been down.