Words to Live By.

southernson

Newly Enlightened
"Intelligence and wisdom are two very different things. Choose carefully which one you seek after most."

southernson

Newly Enlightened
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation" Herbert Spencer

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something done right, do it yourself.*
*Exceptions include surgery, dentistry, practicing law, test piloting jets and rockets, crocodile hunting, handling explosives, and jugling chainsaws.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something done right, do it yourself.*
*Exceptions include surgery, dentistry, practicing law, test piloting jets and rockets, crocodile hunting, handling explosives, and jugling chainsaws.

Most people might want to include plumbing and electrical work too...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm an electrical apprentice, my dad's an electrical contractor, and we did our own plumbing working on our house. My family and I are not most people.

So... are you arguing with my statement because it intrinsically specifies it has nothing to do with you and your family, or are you just bragging you and your family are not "most people"??? (I am saying this in a joking, yet curious tone...)

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
:rolleyes: Thanks for the laugh.

~ C.G.

Funny that the English language can sometimes sound so wrong.

I once had a fortune cookie tell me something that I still don't understand, but I chuckle whenever I think of it:
"Confucius say, he who laughs last laughs latest"

I don't think it's a real quote......

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of those "fortunes" are not even Chinese or anywhere in Asia. First off.... fortune cookies are an American invention:

"Like chop suey, fortune cookies are an American invention. They originated in California, but who the actual inventor was, and which city in California is the true home of the fortune cookie, has continued to be a matter of debate. Unequivocally not Chinese, the fortune cookie may in fact not even be Chinese American.

Read more: The History of the Fortune Cookie | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/fortunecookies.html#ixzz3AmeNqjJp"

The are -apparently- based on a Japanese recipe, however...

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

fire_and_ice_ying_yang_by_absol290-d31qk1x.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
"Technology has altered the way music sounds, how it's composed, and how we experience it. It has also flooded the world with music. The world is awash with (mostly) recorded sounds. We used to have to pay for music or make it ourselves; playing, hearing, and experiencing it was exceptional, a rare and special experience. Now hearing it is ubiquitous, and silence is the rarity that we pay for and savor." - David Byrne, How Music Works

Latest posts