worlds first triple MCE MR16 Maglite bike light

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
:hitit:
:thumbsup: Great job trout 5 STARS on both lights. Forgive me, I will read the thread in it's fullest soon, I have just scanned it and I'm amazed. :)

Any plans to run production of these? Floody awesomeness! :devil:
What would it cost including your time and labor to make one?

Goldigger

Enlightened
Hi Piesoup
Yes it was a 2 D cell maglite before intensive tortureing on my old lathe.

another good thing is after you have used the head and tail
you can make an MR11 sized light from what is left over :thumbsup:

NEWMR16PROJECT091.jpg

Hi troutie,
How did you fix the optic into the barrel without it falling out of the front?
How did you close the rear up?
I was going to atempt something simular with a 60mm ali tube 5mm wall thickness, but cant think of a nice tidy way to hold a reflector in place and keep the water out.
I have one of those 52mm DX P7 reflectors and a HIPCC driver doing nothing plus 3 P7's..

trout

Enlightened
Hi troutie,
How did you fix the optic into the barrel without it falling out of the front?
How did you close the rear up?
I was going to atempt something simular with a 60mm ali tube 5mm wall thickness, but cant think of a nice tidy way to hold a reflector in place and keep the water out.
I have one of those 52mm DX P7 reflectors and a HIPCC driver doing nothing plus 3 P7's..

It is simply held in place with some silicon .

first up a slug of aluminium was turned to be an interference fit and pressed in with some thermal epoxy then the led board glued to that and the optic hole was machined out half a mm larger than the optic .

next the messy bit put some tape on the optic and neatly cut round it put the optic in and then squidge in some clear silicon round the edge clean it up and when it is set remove the tape and you have a waterproof seal not too strong an adhesive if you need to remove it later

and the back was a piece of delrin plastic again glued in with silicon.
you cant see it here but it also had the switch and connector in the back .

DonDany21

Newly Enlightened
Do you still sell this flashlight?
If you do please e-mail me the price here:

Last edited:

carl27

Newly Enlightened
Hi Trout amazing light, so amazing im interested in putting one together, is there a shopping list for the parts required? The cut down mag i already have from a mr16 build last winter, but it's now time to turn ledlovecpf

Thanks in advance...............

Trout I still cant get over the great looks and power of your light, im still thinking of a Mr16 build, the cut down mag is still on my work bench waiting to be used, should I attempt it? The skill to build i have, the tools i have, its the know how I need:thinking: then the North of England will be lit up, well maybe just a few hundred yards in front of my bike:thumbsup: