• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Would you 'settle' for an unfinished BOSS?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Idk mannnnn the patina is so beautiful and unique I'd never change if (if I had one). Black has the signature satin feel so I'm hesitant to change that but I'd be more inclined.

Patina? That's some sacred ground to be messing with

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reality is that if you carry the patina every day, it will change. The patina on the outer surfaces of mine had basically worn away, but the patina in the grooves remained. The Wenol simply cleaned and removed the oxidization. It's gorgeous. Patina is my favorite and the character each light develops over time adds to the allure of the finish!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks, Daniel! I might just try that. Do you ever carry it? The beautiful polished look would probably become a bit scratched up with carry, yes?

I may polish it. Just for grins. :D

UPDATE - well I got after it with some Wenol polish and a lint free cloth. 2 or 3 minutes max. Here's the result:

It looks pretty similar to mine now Dan. :thumbsup: I also have some tiny pitting as a result of the original stonewash (as part of the patina process) but it doesn't bother me at all.

I carry mine all the time albeit in a pouch to protect it when its in my pocket. Its hardly affected the finish at all.

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that turned-out really nice. :) :thumbsup: Does it feel as "good" in the hand, or is it a little more toward the slippery side, now?

~ Chance

Good question. Any light that I've ever polished with Wenol, although most have been titanium, "feels" good to the hand afterwards. No sir, not slippery at all. And as Daniel described, there are minute little pits that give it a small feeling of texture. Man, I do like this light.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
How's this?:

bosstest.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Perhaps a side by side comparison picture. :poke:

Oops, I was going for texture. Photo above re-edited for brightness.

The finish above is lighter than Patina. I'll get a family shot after insider 64!

Oh my, is that Ti?
Looks really great. Al?
Above is 7075. No ti has or will exist until we complete our thermal review

I'd buy one in 219c 4500. :)
We only carry Nichia for CRI. 219c does not yet exist in 90+ at 4500
We are also starting to change priorities over to 4000k. All 219c options these rounds will be 4000k.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The finish above is lighter than Patina. I'll get a family shot after insider 64!

I thought that it was Al. One can tell by the color of the metal. Its a "whiter" silver than Ti. The finish achieved in the photo is very nice indeed. :)

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

We only carry Nichia for CRI. 219c does not yet exist in 90+ at 4500
We are also starting to change priorities over to 4000k. All 219c options these rounds will be 4000k.

Acceptable! :thumbsup:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
It looks like the tube is made in three parts (bezel, LE fitting, battery tube) .... Might you consider Ti / Cu / Ti ?

Perhaps it could help with heat management, and it would look cool too :cool:
Super practical design, titanium for durability, and hidden within its protection, unparalleled heat transfer of copper.