wow!

crazee horse

Banned
well its here! recieved in under 24hrs from glow gadgets, very impressed. initially a very handsome purposeful looking thing
not really had a chance to see how bright it is yet as its very light outside and indoors, shocked at the size of it, very small but again not a bad thing as its small enough to be in your pocket on most dog walks etc. will give it a thorough test tonight!
my only dissapointment is the batteries are very low mah! 600! (WAMA RCR123A 3V 600mAH) or have i got this wrong? is low mah good? or bad? i thought the higher meant for longer running.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Higher mAh(capacity) means more runtime. Most people here would recommend AW's RCR123s and IIRC, they are 800 mAh which is oretty good(CR123s are 1300-1500 mAh at 3v).

crazee horse

Banned
initially like i said previously, it wasnt very bright round the house in the day you know the usual stuff trying to find darkness lol under the stairs (cupboard) and other places the garage an stuff, but come the evening, 10pm when it was proper dark, i was well impressed. very long throw, and very bright. its feels well built too. cant quite understand the big chunky collar thing? is this a gun mount type of thing? my only minor niggle was when i replaced the chunky collar with the gold item in the tool kit, it doesnt screw right up tight when you put the end cap on. it needs to be a hairs width wider. nothing that some thread lock wont sort out though.
no doubt this is my start of a "male" addiction. im gadget mad as it is. could probably do with another smaller torch, and a mental full on super torch............................just in case!

mdocod

Flashaholic
OH YEA! You're going to be a flashaholic, no doubt! WELCOME TO THE END OF YOUR LIFE AS YOU KNOW IT AND WELCOME TO A LIFE OF FLASHLIGHTS! mUhAhAhA..MUAHAHHAH

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring it along to a 'Meet'. We had one in the South recently and are taking about aranging another. Think your Fenix is bright, you should see what some people have. Where abouts are you ?

unique

Enlightened
I just took my TK10 out for a test around my area. I forgot how bright this thing was. It blew me away like the first day I got it! It really is worth spending the money on these. They are very very bright, and so fun to show off when someone else pulls out a cheap torch :nana:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
As a response to you other thread, the Ultrafire C1 is available on Dealextreme. Here's the link. Many eBay lights with the current gen LEDs can be found on DX for a lower price.

DX is a good place to find budget lights and there are many good ones on there. But there are also bad ones so I'd suggest checking for reviews of a certain light. Shipping from there is also slow.