• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: P60 Drop in Light Engine

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 COMBINED XP-E2, XM-L2, XP-G2, SBT, SST, Color LEDS, Nichia 2

If you already have a XML-T6 Neutral in your light then a XM-L2 T6 Neutral should increase lumen by about 20%. This is not a BIG margin. I would keep it as is to save money. But I am cheap. :)

so sticking with the T6 with higher output better right?
i was going to change my LED to a XM-L2 neutral white.
shipping off to the US to switch.

good idea?.

thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 COMBINED XP-E2, XM-L2, XP-G2, SBT, SST, Color LEDS, Nichia 2

I do not have the XML-T6 Neutral in the PD32UE to compare to my XM-L2 5000K neutral. As far as neutral goes I absolutely love the XP-G2 4000K and XM-L2 5000K. Yes even more than the Nichia 219.

thanks, so what is the difference with the XML-T6 i have in my PD32UE and an XM-L2 in terms of the neutral colour ?.
any pictures to compare ?.
thanks so much...appreciated loads, loads.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

New Option:

+$2 For Thermal adhesive fill for impact resistance

Discounted P60

Hello all! I have some older LEDs left in stock which I can make into P60 at a reduced price. XML will all get Copper PCB. Pills will be solder filled. Modes and current program applies as in post 1.

$22 XPG R4 4000K or R5 6500K

$25 XML-T5 5000K or T6 6500K

$30 XML-U2 6500K

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

In the Spirit of CHRISTmas I am offering 1 FREE P60 Single LED Drop In of your choice!

Rules:
1) Must made a transaction with me before this post. This includes Buy, Sell, or Trade.
2) First to express INTEREST on December 25 at or after 7PM Seattle Time wins.
3) Offer ends December 26

If something is unclear let me know!

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, I got my Nichia 219 Drop-in today and love it! Don't know if you've seen a Brinkmann Legend LX before, but that's what I shoehorned it into! Not exactly made for a P60 drop-in (ok, so it just wasnt) but I put my Dremel tool to work and in the end it fits nicely! Using an AW 17650 Li-ion with it as the light was originally for 2 CR123 cells. The main problem was that the oversized head is cut inside just like a parabolic reflector, so no squared sides to match up to the body of the drop-in with aluminum foil. So, I found a piece of High Grade Power lead from Rockford Fosgate left over from a stero install in my truck and placed a coil of this very fine stranded pure copper inside (about 7" long, 8 gauge copper power lead), then pressed the drop-in with a small vise to push the copper into whatever crevice needed filling! Voila! A perfect fit!

I was looking for Lo-Med-Hi and got that plus fast strobe and SOS, would have preferred those last 2 modes be gone but still, with memory mode I can live with it. So far, from what I can see in relatively dark rooms the tint is just what everyone says it is, an absence of tint. Gonna love this one, will probably be my go-to light for quite some time!

Thank you very much for the good work, but not so much all the tape holding the package together :crackup:

Will definately be looking for a host to use for another of your mods, Thanks Again, very nice first experience!

Merry Christmas!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Your drop in has a 5 mode? This must be a mistake. PM for clarification and correct. Merry Christmas!

Vinh, I got my Nichia 219 Drop-in today and love it! Don't know if you've seen a Brinkmann Legend LX before, but that's what I shoehorned it into! Not exactly made for a P60 drop-in (ok, so it just wasnt) but I put my Dremel tool to work and in the end it fits nicely! Using an AW 17650 Li-ion with it as the light was originally for 2 CR123 cells. The main problem was that the oversized head is cut inside just like a parabolic reflector, so no squared sides to match up to the body of the drop-in with aluminum foil. So, I found a piece of High Grade Power lead from Rockford Fosgate left over from a stero install in my truck and placed a coil of this very fine stranded pure copper inside (about 7" long, 8 gauge copper power lead), then pressed the drop-in with a small vise to push the copper into whatever crevice needed filling! Voila! A perfect fit!

I was looking for Lo-Med-Hi and got that plus fast strobe and SOS, would have preferred those last 2 modes be gone but still, with memory mode I can live with it. So far, from what I can see in relatively dark rooms the tint is just what everyone says it is, an absence of tint. Gonna love this one, will probably be my go-to light for quite some time!

Thank you very much for the good work, but not so much all the tape holding the package together :crackup:

Will definately be looking for a host to use for another of your mods, Thanks Again, very nice first experience!

Merry Christmas!

LAB

Newly Enlightened

New Option:

+$2 For Thermal adhesive fill for impact resistance

Discounted P60

Hello all! I have some older LEDs left in stock which I can make into P60 at a reduced price. XML will all get Copper PCB. Pills will be solder filled. Modes and current program applies as in post 1.

$22 XPG R4 4000K or R5 6500K

$25 XML-T5 5000K or T6 6500K

$30 XML-U2 6500K

I will take a XML-T5 5000K -$25
Driven at 4940 mA-----------$5.00
orange peel reflector
Hi Med Low
Last mode memory
Pay Pal sent

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

adding these...

1x XM-L T5 5000K -- 6v, 3A, H/M/LL, memory, OP reflector
1x XM-L T5 5000K -- 6v, 4.53A, H/M/Blink memory, OP reflector
1x XM-L T6 6500K -- 12v, 3A, H/M/Blink, memory, OP reflector
1x XP-G R4 4000K -- 12v, 2.8A, H/M/LL, memory, OP reflector

jaycyu

Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 Dropn Ins (FREE CHRISTMAS DROP IN - See Post 109)

1) Would the thermal adhesive fill take up some of the space of the solder fill?
2) How many 5000k XML2 do you have left?
3) Does the DD use the shallow reflector + deep pill?
4) Does the DD throw better due its shallow reflector?

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

thank you.

If you already have a XML-T6 Neutral in your light then a XM-L2 T6 Neutral should increase lumen by about 20%. This is not a BIG margin. I would keep it as is to save money. But I am cheap. :)

x2o

Newly Enlightened

Hey Vinh, :paypal: for an XM-L2 neutral white dropin! :D I can't wait, this will be my first 'custom' light!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

1) Would the thermal adhesive fill take up some of the space of the solder fill?
2) How many 5000k XML2 do you have left?
3) Does the DD use the shallow reflector + deep pill?
4) Does the DD throw better due its shallow reflector?

1) No. Thermal adhesive fills up whatever is left to hold everything together. I am also considering applying thermal adhesive on the LED wires in the PCB.
2) May be 5
3) NO. Those gone forever as I know it.
4) N/A

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

7PM Seattle Time :). Remember to express interest in your post otherwise we might think it's an accident and the post not count. :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

ive got my alarm set lol...

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like to find out more about this challenge you've got, hitting 7 on the head is a bit tricky is it not? And from my first purchase experience, I'd like another, this one in a powerhouse!! Can you put one together host included? Pm with those possibilities please! I'd like to know more about that XM-L2 in 5000K trim!

And Merry Christmas!!

Dale

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just a note to add, I will probably be looking for a new drop-in from you for myself, as my wife keeps absconding with the one you just sent! Of all the flashlights I have, and some put into play just for her use, she goes for this one! So I think you're a hit over here Vinh, nice job! :)

Dale