• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: TK75vn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: TK75vn 4400L

Almost all of my lights are dedomed too. If I'm upgrading, I want every option available, or I will always think, "what if"

But if dome on suits your needs, that would be all the available options for your purposes

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dome on will allow for more spill in the intermediate range -say 100-300 feet at the expense of some long range throw. Depends on light too.... And I like xml 2 5000k :)

But yes I agree I usually max out all upgrades hehe

ven

Flashaholic

jmpaul320,i did exactly as your thoughts,i had the dome left on.

Reasons,this is tough tbh for me as no real specific.On the higher output lights as in 2-3000lm+ i prefer a cooler as imo "imo" it is better for me,for longer distance.

I prefer my tm15 cool,the tk75vn cool
Other reason i have a de-dome x3vn,not massively different with 3 leds,just a baby version and love that,so on the tk75vn i wanted dome

No science involved.........goes without saying as i am posting :laughing:

Variety too,i know vinhs fav is the killer throw edition(de-dome) but for my dedicated thrower i am happy as a separate light tk61vn.

That is my honest reasons........

Too add it still is very adequate throw,4400lm of kick a55 with excellent flood,so the extra throw was not that significant for me on a light that imo is not a dedicated thrower.The tk75 to me is an all rounder,not best at anything but dam good:thumbsup:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Variety too,i know vinhs fav is the killer throw edition(de-dome) but for my dedicated thrower i am happy as a separate light tk61vn.

That is my honest reasons........

Too add it still is very adequate throw,4400lm of kick a55 with excellent flood,so the extra throw was not that significant for me on a light that imo is not a dedicated thrower.The tk75 to me is an all rounder,not best at anything but dam good:thumbsup:

I agree - I prefer to have dedicated 1 emitter de-dome lights for throw. i think of tk75 as an all arounder as well.

i got x60vn pdt de-dome though ...well.. thats a special light lol.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can only imagine jmpaul320.............its a BEAST to start with,thats before vinh waves his wand :cool:

its like ordering a ferrari and then having someone turbocharge and supercharge it lol.

ven

Flashaholic

:laughing:

awesome i presume then

I may be tempted but tk61vn 1st,all in good time for me,besides i would not know what to do with a load of awesome lights at once:duh2:

Pssymon

Newly Enlightened

My TK75VN Killer Throw arrived yesterday morning :)
I took it with me last night, sadly I forgot to ask my friend to bring his camera so I had to use my phone.
I'll probably do this again with his camera and tripod soon.

This is what you get:

ld70.jpg

ajqk.jpg

0jne.jpg

x7t4.jpg

Engraved:
qpg0.jpg

Next to my Sky Ray King:
x06r.jpg

Carrier mod (springs):
kr33.jpg

As I didn't have the camera + tripod with me I just took some photos so you can get an idea what this light is like.
(Beam distance seemed to be limited due to there being a lot of moisture in the air, secondly I tried to get the photos close to what I saw in person but they are darker (especially on low. My phone couldn't take good photos at greater distance so I couldn't show the true distance this light can reach yet.)

Low: (Tree at approx. 50m)
66yq.jpg

Medium:
ou42.jpg

High:
t075.jpg

Turbo:
1uiq.jpg

Transmission tower at about 100m, I could reach the next one with ease but the camera couldn't capture that.

Low:
ln7g.jpg

Medium:
nwap.jpg

High:
d8cx.jpg

Turbo:
iaez.jpg

Tree from before lit up from about 70m:
cai4.jpg

As you can probably tell this light has a pretty big hotspot even when the leds are dedomed.
Throw is really good (though I think I have yet to see what it can really do when the air is dry) and 4400 lumen is no joke.
The light is sturdy and heavy, but I had it in my hand for about 2 hours walking around and the weight didn't bother me. I'd say it's practical. It heats up quickly at turbo, but I rarely use the higher modes for longer than 10-20 seconds. Medium is already a ridiculous ammount of light, low is good if you just need a bit of light to see where you're going.

I'd definitely recommend this light and while it's probably good no matter if you get option A, B, or C, I see no downside to the Killer Throw version so if you're in doubt, I'd recommend that one.

Hope this was useful and I will probably get better shots to give a good idea of the throw it has soon :)

bc5000

Newly Enlightened

Dang, I came home from out of town and my new TK75 was waiting for me along with a fresh set of Keeppower 3400's.

Opened the flashlight and no battery carrier.

ven

Flashaholic

pssymon-fantastic pics to me,awesome stuff,vinhs favourite version the KT and from pics it kicks a55 for sure:cool:

I was surprised at how light the .....well light is.Very light for size,nice size to hold,feels adequate but not clumsy,just right imho in every way:thumbsup:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn I should have got "kt" on mine too. Mine just says "v54" but it's a killerthrow version. .....
Damn lol. Oh well. The performance is what matters right!

stona

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the pics pssymon. I'm a bit surprised at how nice the tint is on your killerthrow version. Making me almost wish i went for that option instead of the 5000k dome-on version lol. Really nice beam profiles.

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened

Hey all, I'v been beating this around for awhile now and still cant make up my mind
I saw on another forum the different night shots between the the TK 75 and the TK61 .
Nither one of them were modded and out of the 2 of them I liked the TK75 better (had more flood).
with a vn modded TK61 will it have the flood of a stock TK75?
Would a vn killer throw TK75 still have the same flood as the stock TK75 .

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

The killerthrow will have plenty of flood. After all the modding it is still a triple emitter light, and because of that it will have substantial flood no matter what. The difference here us the modding makes it throw equally well. If your going to have one high power light around, the TK75vn killerthrow is the way to go for sure

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey man were not all like jmpaul who goes swimming is his flashlight pool every night
:p

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do the same thing with lasers. It helps, but you either sell to cheap or end up missing them

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

KI
teramu3a.jpg

Mx25l3vn above 100 yards

udehydad.jpg

TK75vn killerthrow 100 yards

a2emu9yz.jpg

Mx25l3vn 50yards

pe4epeva.jpg

TK75vn killerthrow 50 yards

apyhy5uj.jpg

Mx25l3vn 20 yards

hy8anu5a.jpg

TK75vn killerthrow 20 yards.

Just wanted to give a comparison of the killerthrow to a 3000lm mtg2 which is more floody as you can see. The Mx25l3vn is a single emitter and still can't compete but for close range lights up much more.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

Hey all, I'v been beating this around for awhile now and still cant make up my mind
I saw on another forum the different night shots between the the TK 75 and the TK61 .
Nither one of them were modded and out of the 2 of them I liked the TK75 better (had more flood).
with a vn modded TK61 will it have the flood of a stock TK75?
Would a vn killer throw TK75 still have the same flood as the stock TK75 .

As said you should get both as different lights,tk75 is good throw and flood,tk61 is very very good throw.So different uses/purpose lights.......
If you had to choose,and require flood as a useful part of the light then tk75vnKT (killer throw)would offer a better mix of both,very good throw +flood

But still get both:twothumbs and make them tk75vn +tk61vn and you wont look back............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts