• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: TK75vn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Issue

Enlightened
Re: WTS: TK75vn 4400L

Got it! Just got the batteries charged up and tried it out in my room. Just awesome. The tint is very easy on the eyes and colours look nicer. Really glad I went with the 5000k xm-l2s.

I was comparing the output levels to my PD35 and the corresponding lower levels seem brighter than the PD35. Do the lower levels get bumped up when Vinh works his magic or just the highest level?

Grats on an awesome light. :) Yes, all levels get affected.

ven

Flashaholic

Little comparison,tm15......no slouch at 2450lm please allow for poor rendition on auto setting

fenik tk75vn dome on 4400lm

Simply awesome:rock::rock:

stona

Newly Enlightened

Took the light out on my early morning walk today. It was snowing so I couldn't really see how far it could throw, but as a general use light, it's great. One handed operation while wearing two pairs of gloves (it was cold) was a snap. The nice spill beam keeps you from getting tunnel vision. Even the lowest mode after Vinh's work is fairly bright. Ended up mostly using the 2nd level.

Was so happy with it I took the sucker in to work to show off to co-workers :D They loved it of course. Just the reflected light from the cubicle wall at close range was painful lol.

Overall, my only gripe with it so far is the cheap lanyard Fenix provided. Going to have to make a proper one out of paracord at some point.

Thanks Vinh!

stona

Newly Enlightened

So I had the afternoon off, and decided to do a little bit of testing. Used a set of fully charged fenix 2600mah protected cells. Ran the light on max and tailstanding on my desk - no cooling. The light started at 24C all over.

Body: center of body tube
Buttons: between the power and mode buttons
Low sink: center of the smaller set of heatsink fins
High sink: center of the larger set of heatsink fins...pretty much in line with the "hot" symbol

time (min)012345
Body (°C)242831363943
Buttons (°C)243440475154
Low sink (°C)243440475257
High sink (°C)243238434751

After five minutes I wasn't comfortable to keep running it as I didn't want to burn anything up inside. It was rather hot to the touch at that point....nearly 60C. Still seems to work okay....hope I haven't wrecked anything lol.

I then set up a fan next to the light and cumulatively got a little under 30min of runtime, after which point the light would come on at high instead of turbo. I didn't let the light exceed 45C at the fins so had to shut it off every now and then.

ven

Flashaholic

Well thank you for results,being surprised too as expected it not to be as efficient even though quite a large head/body and tail standing which is probably the worst conditions(unless your in an oven).My tm15 at 2450 gets very warm although it takes longer than 5 mins it is 2000lm less........

Fenix built a very efficient light imho considering the 4400lm its kicking out,even the big beasts step down after 3 mins...........
If held by hand so dissipates heat better(along with maybe cooler ambient temp outside),run times would be excellent without worry.

I go of warmth,once it feels very warm as in cant hold light without swapping hand(prob 50-60oC)then its step down or off...........

stona

Newly Enlightened

The batteries weren't really getting all that warm when I took them out to check after the first 5 min, so I wasn't too concerned about them. After the full run they were definitely warm, but not hot or anything. I just didn't want to cook the LEDS or driver haha.

But yes, this is pretty much a worst case temp test (worse would be a hotter ambient temp). When I'm out in the mornings walking and its sub zero, I leave it running on max for much longer and don't have any problems. The light heats up and spreads the heat quickly so the thermal path is good.

ven

Flashaholic

Following off the run up to rivi on the tk61vn thread i took some tk75vn pics
area

Not best as said before as misty again,climate changes even though maybe 500yds higher

So i tried,failed but its the thought that counts:D
Again editing issues with bucket,took me 15 minutes and still 1 pic not done,just a little over size,hope should be ok as not large pics
Truck light up

tk75vn
zooooooomed in

A quick tk61vn pic OR 2 to show difference

Will get a night...........one night :laughing: when clear.................I WONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

blerkoid

Newly Enlightened

Just mailed my tk75 off for the KT mod.

I will send the paypal through once I hear back on the final price with shipping/tk61 etc...
This whole waiting part is going to suck haha.

Thanks

ven

Flashaholic

Just mailed my tk75 off for the KT mod.

I will send the paypal through once I hear back on the final price with shipping/tk61 etc...
This whole waiting part is going to suck haha.

Thanks

Congrats on a superb decision,one will be exceptionally happy................:D

Its certainly worth the wait:popcorn:

Not sure where your shipping from /too,if in US then would imagine within 2-3 days each way,i am UK:fail: BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vinh somehow gets it to me within around 8 days,simply astonishing.Its the USPS that will be the time...........

Oh and get used to the wait...........it wont be the last:D no other light in future will be enough without the the magic vn at the end:thumbsup:

Pics and impressions when you get them please:D

Capolini

Banned
Re: WTS: TK75vn KillerThrow Version (XM-L2 Dedome Burn In)

Well,I just sent my Original TK75 to Vinh to get modded! PDT/DEDOMED/BURN IN/KT!!

It was a hard decision!! Has nothing to do w/ Vinh's qualifications,just that this was the FIRST well balanced search light with awesome combo of flood/throw that I got! My sentimental favorite!

I was able to use this on CONSTANT TURBO[Minus step downs] regardless of the time of year for the duration of the battery charge!

No doubt it will have more output and I am hoping my V3 driver can be driven close to the V4,,,,,,,,,

Vinh,I know you can do it,,,make CAPOLINI'S TORCH AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE!!!:twothumbs:popcorn:;):D

ven

Flashaholic

Congrats roberto:twothumbs :wow:

I have the 4400lm dome on and its amazing...........so my prediction is your going to be blown away and your fav light will be an even more special/fav light

Look forward to your feedback..............and more importantly capos;)

Capolini

Banned

Congrats roberto:twothumbs :wow:

I have the 4400lm dome on and its amazing...........so my prediction is your going to be blown away and your fav light will be an even more special/fav light

Look forward to your feedback..............and more importantly capos;)

Thanks Ven,,,Capo says Hi,,,,,,:popcorn::D I love my new roommate!! I have a 3 bedroom condo. and I am renting a room,,she is killing me,,,,,10 years younger than me and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can't say it on here!!!:devil:

Now to the meat of the matter!!,,,,,,,,,,,

Did you send yours to Vinh like me or get it from him? I am trying to get a comparison w/ TK75 on Turbo VS. TK75vn KT on High? My guess is KT on high will have more overall output?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll say it.....
She's got a beautiful set of..... Eyes. .... Huge eyes are good right?

Haha just kidding.

He obviously meant she's a respectable young lady with a great sense of style, and class.

Capolini

Banned

I'll say it.....
She's got a beautiful set of..... Eyes. .... Huge eyes are good right?

Haha just kidding.

He obviously meant she's a respectable young lady with a great sense of style, and class.

lol!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::poke::shakehead:):devil:

I see you paid more attention to the roommate with LARGE BLUE EYES!!!

ven

Flashaholic

I can't give a comparison tbh,I can tell you Roberto the 2nd maybe close to 2600 and high around or past turbo on standard....don't know exact,but from high to turbo it is noticeable but not as much as lower modes.Still it's is out of this work for imo a small light compared to many.It will amaze you.....simple as that.Its around 2000 lm higher give/take 200 .Admittedly it doesn't quite work as twice as bright but it is over sufficient and in need your new room mate to take a pic(or girlfriend ) of your face the first time you put the tk75vn KT on turbo :laughing: I can see the grim from here:D

You have an awesome collection of lights,pretty much the best or certainly up there as a collection regarding overall uses,value,brand and IMHO again modded by my fav young man in some cases.I know you were highly impressed with the tk61vn.....it's pretty much impossible not to be ,but with flood too......well I will await your impressions as much as you await the soon to be awesomeness !!!!

Top stuff Roberto :twothumbs

Say any hi to capo back;) Who even at night walks in day:D

blerkoid

Newly Enlightened

I just had a paranoid thought... How would I know if I didn't get the KT mod by accident?:drool:

Capolini

Banned

I just had a paranoid thought... How would I know if I didn't get the KT mod by accident?:drool:

You can tell the difference by the beam shots on page 1 here. You should have NO problem in person!! KT is a tighter more intense and piercing hot spot w/ less flood.Mine should be hear Wed. or Thurs. :twothumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.