• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

X65vn100 100,000 Lumen Light

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: X65vn2870 100,000 Lumen Light

Sorry guys had to set this fun project aside and get back to cranking out orders for a couple days. I ordered new wires anyways so when they come I will redo and give more technical specifics. Also need to figure out the packaging details of the driver copper HS.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even with plug-in lighting, 40,000 lumens is okay, but not exciting. At least not an eye squinting 10,000 lumens.

At 100,000 lumens is somewhere near the tipping point where the gut kicks in. Excitement, because, "this is the first light ever, that needs no helper lights", mixed with the uneasy feeling that once this level of light is attainable for everyone, lighting becomes idiot proof, and needs no more expertise or knowledge.

What lumens per watt can you get, vinh?

Lol. 40000 lumen Sounds not exciting to you?? Have you actually try one in rc40vn size??? We are talking about 40000 lumen coming from the rc40vn40. I will test the runtime today.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

Plug-in lighting is a whole different branch of lighting tho. You sacrifice mobility for damn near unlimited power. 100k lumens would be a snap with AC or even 3-phase... Just need to worry about heat.

Let's just concentrate on battery powered lights for now. It wouldn't be a "flashlight" or "torch" if it required a backpack mounted generator.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Plug-in lighting is a whole different branch of lighting tho. You sacrifice mobility for damn near unlimited power. 100k lumens would be a snap with AC or even 3-phase... Just need to worry about heat.

Let's just concentrate on battery powered lights for now. It wouldn't be a "flashlight" or "torch" if it required a backpack mounted generator.

Correct, I was talking plugin. And is is a whole different set of parameters from flashlights, where I personally rely on columnation and stapling the darn things to my head so it lights up where ever I look, and nailing one to my wrist, when I need it.

Correct, with cords, you are tethered, and this created frustrating limits! For example, i would never pull out a light that it will take 10 minutes or more to get out, assemble, string out cords, then another 10 to wind up etc--unless I knew for sure I would need the light over an hour. Thus, a luggable lantern this powerful, would fill a niche, without compromising the amount of light. Also, because it is so powerful, if made correctly (as in, proper heatsink and charge while using), it could supplant the 1000watt MH entirely. Not quite the output, but if the form factor was good, close enough!

I don't think I am being silly thinking of this light in a practical manner. Today, the limits of cost, battery storage (safety), makes it a toy. But in 10 years, it will be something sold for $300 in today's money, with battery pack that can run 4 hours/charge while running, pull only 600 watts. At least true, if Vinh doesn't get married & have a ton of kids, and politics don't intervene. We will need to kick in an extra $300 for each of his kids, and another $1000 for the wife.

Last edited:

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened

This light is insane! I visited with Vinh and he showed me this miniature Sun. Vinh turned it on and the intense ceiling bounce of light made me squint as he says "moonlight level"!!! He hits turbo and it gives new meaning to wash out, everything in the place was white, colored items looked white, I slowly peeked around the front and then saw dots for a few minutes... FYI don't look into the light ;) Incredible light. Big accomplishment!
BTW... The Cerakote looks great!

LT

hahoo

Enlightened

This light is insane! I visited with Vinh and he showed me this miniature Sun. Vinh turned it on and the intense ceiling bounce of light made me squint as he says "moonlight level"!!! He hits turbo and it gives new meaning to wash out, everything in the place was white, colored items looked white, I slowly peeked around the front and then saw dots for a few minutes... FYI don't look into the light ;) Incredible light. Big accomplishment!

LT

do you look like moses now ? :eek:

star_c_star

Enlightened

Did you leave Vinh's home "blinded by the light" with gray hair, and with 10 commandments?
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's flashlight? etc.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast

LT

I set up my house with two 300 watt halogens per room and 2 26 watt florescents per room, in late 90s and early 2000s. Getting up one or two hours before sunrise. I would nearly stare into them trying to get my adeniline running. Then, I would step outside into the early sun, and it was like night and day/finally a deluge, where inside was a drip. . So make no mistake, the sun is way brighter. What you are seeing is the first halfway accurate approximation of the outside daytime level of lux and enough lumen levels for the eye to wake up. . Still, far weaker than a noon sun, so the eye will adjust. Still 70 cri, I am guessing.

HIDSGT

Enlightened

that was my hang-up with the RC40vn40 I was afraid something much better and more powerful would come out as soon as I bought it cause I know Vin is now figuring out how to make crazy lumens and the new LED's available make that possible these days and considering 100k lumen is now available or at least it will be soon my suspicions were confirmed. I mean its not like it went from 40k lumens to 45k lumens this one makes 100k lumens!!!!!

Lol. 40000 lumen Sounds not exciting to you?? Have you actually try one in rc40vn size??? We are talking about 40000 lumen coming from the rc40vn40. I will test the runtime today.

Last edited:

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened

Did you leave Vinh's home "blinded by the light" with gray hair, and with 10 commandments?
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's flashlight? etc.
"Blinded by the light" was playing when I got in my car, had to be a coincidence... No gray hair, it was 6000k white :)

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened

I set up my house with two 300 watt halogens per room and 2 26 watt florescents per room, in late 90s and early 2000s. Getting up one or two hours before sunrise. I would nearly stare into them trying to get my adeniline running. Then, I would step outside into the early sun, and it was like night and day/finally a deluge, where inside was a drip. . So make no mistake, the sun is way brighter. What you are seeing is the first halfway accurate approximation of the outside daytime level of lux and enough lumen levels for the eye to wake up. . Still, far weaker than a noon sun, so the eye will adjust. Still 70 cri, I am guessing.
Would have loved to see your setup. +! :thumbsup:

gritzo

Newly Enlightened

This is just totally insane ... You know you are involved in a serious project when you have to order "special " wire for a light .

Love it!!!!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

So who's buying this new 100K lumen torch? Vinh's email must be bursting at the seams right now.

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened

Hey lt, you are no joke. You have an impressive line up.
Love the lights each for their own reason and purpose. I have more but I maxed out the signature line limit :) I think your collection is equal or surpasses mine from what I recall you buying. I decline to seek professional help... lol.