Xeno E03 (1xAA, 1x14500) - XP-G R5 Neutral White - Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS +

Kbreese

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one of these Xeno E03 v3's with XM-U2 along with these 1450 batteries: http://dx.com/p/trustfire-protected...6124?rt=1&p=2&m=2&r=3&k=1&t=1&s=39062&u=26124
and this charger: http://dx.com/p/trustfire-tr-001-mu...2594?rt=1&p=2&m=2&r=3&k=1&t=1&s=26124&u=12594

My question is am I safe using those batteries and that charger? Someone earlier in the thread mentioned something about hearing bad things about ****fire batteries which got me concerned. I don't want this light blowing up in my hands when I have it on high. To my understanding ultrafire batteries are not very good but the trustfire ones are, even though they are cheap. But want to be sure. Please advise! Thanks!

Last edited:

nofearek9

Newly Enlightened
i have the same compination ,just dont let the batteries charging without you be near ,when the light goes green remove the batteries. when you will need better batteries try AW ,will work fine with this charger again when led goes green you have to remove them.

Tyler___Durden

Newly Enlightened
Please use your imaginations to fill in the blank space below
with some batteries!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Duracell or Eveready or Energiser

__ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

I see you have removed a link to an image used to accompany a message and suggested that I use imageshack or another image hosting site. If I copied the image as you suggested that would be an copyright infringment, whereas the way I have done it is totally legal. I appreciate that some companies do not permit linking images - however if that is the case it is trivial for them to put their images in a protected directory or use other means to prevent this happening. In the case of candlepowerforums.com, this hardly a high volume site and linking images will not cause probems for any website these days - perhaps bandwidth was an issue in the early days of the internet even though Tim Berners-Lee specifically envisioned the www to work that way. Indeed good HTML5 web design today specifically encourages all sorts of cross site content sharing. Oh, AW is a battery brand.

Last edited:

nofearek9

Newly Enlightened
if in the future you will going to buy a better brand of 14500 batteries ,prefer the AW brand.

Kbreese

Newly Enlightened
if in the future you will going to buy a better brand of 14500 batteries ,prefer the AW brand.

Oh ok, I thought the trustfire's were supposed to be decent batteries.

One other question with regards to this new cool white u2 version. Will that put out about 500 actual lumens on high with a 14500?

nofearek9

Newly Enlightened
are not bad batteries but there are lot of fakes copies in the market.
the specs of the led for sure its better,compared them with the eye u2 looks a bit brighter.

Kbreese

Newly Enlightened
Ok I just went back and looked at the chart again, and it looks like he got 510 lumens from the nuetral white one?? Is that right?? And that's with the xm-L model before the upgrades and the nuetral white is not as bright as the cw. So that would make the new and improved Cw u2 like 600 lumens? That can't be right...

nofearek9

Newly Enlightened
when i measured the stock driver of the xeno e03 was about 2,4 Amps so from the specs of the led yes its possible,but of course the small flashlight will get hot.

Korgath

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone got the new version (XM-U2, with new switch and improvements)?
I would welcome photos of those details (spare switch, ..), thanks

Yes that would be great! Maybe selfbuilt to the rescue with a refresher of the review!!?

Fulaeetoy

Newly Enlightened
About the new switch, can these be sold separately? Also, anyone tried to use sanyo's 2500mah xx batts? I want to replace my old eneloops and i hope to get more juice for emergency situation.

Last edited:

Naguz

Newly Enlightened
About the new switch, can these be sold separately? Also, anyone tried to use sanyo's 2500mah xx batts? I want to replace my old eneloops and i hope to get more juice for emergency situation.
If i'm not mis-remebering, the XX-batts doesn't have as good charge retention as the normal eneloops. Might be better to store an extra normal eneloop together with the flashlight? If the deiffreneces weren't all that big, you'd of course still be better of with a single xx than a single normal one.

Does anyone know if the light still come with the metal box, or does it come with a plastic packaging now? Concidering ordering this from TacticalHid as a gift, so a metal box would be nice. I saw some pictures of it in plastic packaging on another site, however.

Last edited:

tickled

Newly Enlightened
If i'm not mis-remebering, the XX-batts doesn't have as good charge retention as the normal eneloops. Might be better to store an extra normal eneloop together with the flashlight? If the deiffreneces weren't all that big, you'd of course still be better of with a single xx than a single normal one. Does anyone know if the light still come with the metal box, or does it come with a plastic packaging now? Concidering ordering this from TacticalHid as a gift, so a metal box would be nice. I saw some pictures of it in plastic packaging on another site, however.
When I purchased mine earlier in the year, it was in the cardboard+plastic clamshell packaging.

cruzer

Newly Enlightened
sorry to bump an older thread, but i just wanted to thank selfbuilt for the review. now i just need to do a little research to make sure there are no better $30 flashlights before i buy it!

Fulaeetoy

Newly Enlightened
If i'm not mis-remebering, the XX-batts doesn't have as good charge retention as the normal eneloops. Might be better to store an extra normal eneloop together with the flashlight? If the deiffreneces weren't all that big, you'd of course still be better of with a single xx than a single normal one.

Does anyone know if the light still come with the metal box, or does it come with a plastic packaging now? Concidering ordering this from TacticalHid as a gift, so a metal box would be nice. I saw some pictures of it in plastic packaging on another site, however.

I recently purchased Sanyo harmolattice 2500mah batts. I was amazed that it was a little brighter than my old Eneloops. I think it's time for me to change my old eneloops batts.

MIKES250R

Enlightened
Just received my Xeno E03 and I really like this little booger especially with the 14500. Is the AW 14500 still the battery to beat? Thanks to you guys for turning me on to this one,what a bargain!